The Student Room Group

Vac Schemes 2012: The early bird catches the firm!

Scroll to see replies

Are people still waiting to hear back about Pannone's July placement?
Reply 3141
I'm still waiting! It is so frustrating. I am really anxious to hear because if I did get a place (which now seems unlikely) it will clash with another vac scheme I have been offered and I would rather to one at Pannone. Fingers crossed for both of us.
Original post by MJNeil
I'm still waiting! It is so frustrating. I am really anxious to hear because if I did get a place (which now seems unlikely) it will clash with another vac scheme I have been offered and I would rather to one at Pannone. Fingers crossed for both of us.

Oooh yeah that is annoying. Well my dilemma is less important than that but I might be going on holiday at the beginning of July but am holding off booking everything until I know, and the longer I wait the more expensive it gets! I'm not too optimistic about my application being successful though, but still want to wait to make sure. Best of luck to you!
I just received an email from Pannone (after enquiring about my application) informing me that my application was on hold for further consideration and that they were waiting for the training partner to make final decisions so that they can get back to everyone by the end of the week.
Reply 3144
Thank you for letting me know! I'm also trying to book a holiday too. It's been difficult trying to arrange holidays whilst waiting to hear back from firms.
Reply 3145
Anyone heard anything from Bristows recently?
Hi everyone! Wish you all the best with your applications and on your vacation schemes!!

Just wanted to ask if anyone has heard back from Lester Aldridge or Thomas Eggar?
Just had a look at the people on the Ashurst Summer Vac Scheme - pretty typical university breakdown:

Cam: 4
Ox: 4
Durham: 3
Bristol: 3
LSE: 2
KCL: 2
International: 2
UCL: 1
Nottingham: 1
Liverpool: 1
Original post by CareerinLaw
Just had a look at the people on the Ashurst Summer Vac Scheme - pretty typical university breakdown:

Thanks for sharing those details.

I'm surprised there are not more from other redbricks such as Birmingham and Manchester. But yes, looks pretty typical.
Original post by emilybradstreet
Thanks for sharing those details.

I'm surprised there are not more from other redbricks such as Birmingham and Manchester. But yes, looks pretty typical.

My friend who goes to Manchester is on the Ashurst vac scheme, it must be a different date or something to the one above.
Reply 3150
Original post by CareerinLaw

How did you find out this breakdown? Can you do it with other firms?
Original post by hello45
How did you find out this breakdown? Can you do it with other firms?

He's probably on the vac scheme, some firms send a contacts list round so you can all get in touch beforehand.
Original post by Blondie_Florence
He's probably on the vac scheme, some firms send a contacts list round so you can all get in touch beforehand.

Yep, you're right. I'm on the first summer one, your friend is probably on the second summer scheme.
Anyone had an interview with Edwin Coe?! Got one next week - first law interview. Don't have a clue what to expect!
Hi there,

When is your interview?
Reply 3155
Original post by OldOyster
Anyone had an interview with Edwin Coe?! Got one next week - first law interview. Don't have a clue what to expect!

Make sure you have clean shoes. Seriously.
Reply 3156
Anyone heard from Pannone this week?
Still waiting!!!
Reply 3157
I got a rejection from Pannone on Tuesday. So it may be good news for you!
Reply 3158
Sorry to hear that MJNeil. Thanks for letting me know :smile:
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by sdtowers
Anyone heard from Pannone this week?
Still waiting!!!

Original post by MJNeil
I got a rejection from Pannone on Tuesday. So it may be good news for you!

Nope, I'm still waiting! They said by the end of this week though so hopefully we'll hear soon!

MJNeil - Awww, I'm sorry to hear that. You were my fellow waiting buddy :colondollar:

Quick Reply

Latest