The Student Room Group
Student Outside, University of Aberdeen
University of Aberdeen

The Old Fire Station 2012/2013

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Hey :smile:

I'll be in 266H, Block F - anyone else? :biggrin:

It was between Mealmarket and the Fire Station, but after viewing the Firestation it was a no brainer.
It's gonna be goooooood!
(edited 11 years ago)
Student Outside, University of Aberdeen
University of Aberdeen
Reply 21
First year and pooping myself!

I have hardly ever lived away from home aha :colondollar:!

Im going to be staying in 264J? Anyone? :smile:
Original post by kdtough81
thats amazing haha! i found someone in my halls! yeah im really excited, can't wait to move away! are you? do you have facebook by any chance haha? xxxxxxxxxxxx

Yeah I need to get out of this town! Haha! can't wait to finally grow up... well thats if you can call being a student growing up :P Yeah I do I'll email I to you so I don't get any crazy stalkers :P
xxxxxx
Reply 23
Original post by linseybee101
Yeah I need to get out of this town! Haha! can't wait to finally grow up... well thats if you can call being a student growing up :P Yeah I do I'll email I to you so I don't get any crazy stalkers :P
xxxxxx

Haha okay doke sounds like a good idea :smile: I know I can't wait either! Not long now! xxxxxxxxx
Reply 24
Original post by ralkid

I'll be in 266H, Block F - anyone else? :biggrin:

It was between Mealmarket and the Fire Station, but after viewing the Firestation it was a no brainer.
It's gonna be goooooood!

I'm in 266H too, we must be in the same flat - cool!
Reply 25
Original post by anmaclean
Hey. :smile:

I'm in 266L Room 5.

I'm going into first year and I wasn't sure about accommodation but, after I saw the Old Fire Station, I didn't want to live anywhere else!

I'm in 266L room 4 :smile: that's so good that i've managed to find someone who I'm sharing with :smile:
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 26
Original post by amy_macs
I'm in 266H too, we must be in the same flat - cool!

awesome :smile: where abouts are you coming from?
Reply 27
Original post by ralkid
awesome :smile: where abouts are you coming from?

From the Isle of Lewis, and you? It's pretty cool being able to find people that we'll be staying with already! :smile:
Original post by Jaymai
First year and pooping myself!

I have hardly ever lived away from home aha :colondollar:!

Im going to be staying in 264J? Anyone? :smile:

I almost just booked a room in 264J! I'm still hesitant about booking anything though as I haven't sent my financial forms to Aberdeen yet and I don't know...It's really hard to make a decision on stuff like this when I'm so far away and have no way of really looking into housing but I think I'll be booking a room by tomorrow evening or so. Have you been there and checked everything out yet? It would be nice to be able to chat with someone who's looking into the same place.
Reply 29
Original post by amy_macs
From the Isle of Lewis, and you? It's pretty cool being able to find people that we'll be staying with already! :smile:

I'm in Aberdeenshire, so pretty nearby already. Indeed! :smile:

I'll pm you my facebook cause I'm sure we'll end up adding each other at some point... unless it turns out we don't get on at all :tongue:
Reply 30
Original post by makethespkrzbleed
I almost just booked a room in 264J! I'm still hesitant about booking anything though as I haven't sent my financial forms to Aberdeen yet and I don't know...It's really hard to make a decision on stuff like this when I'm so far away and have no way of really looking into housing but I think I'll be booking a room by tomorrow evening or so. Have you been there and checked everything out yet? It would be nice to be able to chat with someone who's looking into the same place.

I'd say go for it unless there's any better options for you personally.
I've had a tour of the fire station, I can see it being a lot of fun living there! There's everything you'd need nearby including shops and entertainment, and the universities too of course.
Reply 31

Aw would be good if you booked into 264J haha so i could speak to someone before i move in ;D!

Well i live an hour and a half from Aberdeen and i happened to go to Aberdeen for the weekend and got a phone call from my mum to say i got into college so i went straight to look at the accommodation in aberdeen and the 'Old Fire Station' was my favourite and it is very close to union street which is helpful for night outs :wink: and is not from uni/college either! I would recommend staying! I also don't know how much i am getting through SAAS though :frown:!
Original post by Jaymai
Aw would be good if you booked into 264J haha so i could speak to someone before i move in ;D!

Well i live an hour and a half from Aberdeen and i happened to go to Aberdeen for the weekend and got a phone call from my mum to say i got into college so i went straight to look at the accommodation in aberdeen and the 'Old Fire Station' was my favourite and it is very close to union street which is helpful for night outs :wink: and is not from uni/college either! I would recommend staying! I also don't know how much i am getting through SAAS though :frown:!

I have no idea what SAAS is! Haha. So you don't know the other 2 guys who've booked 264J? I'm pretty sure that's the room I'm going to book later today if it's still available. Do you have facebook or skype or something? I'd love to get to know the people I might be living with!!!

Original post by ralkid

I'd say go for it unless there's any better options for you personally.
I've had a tour of the fire station, I can see it being a lot of fun living there! There's everything you'd need nearby including shops and entertainment, and the universities too of course.

Thanks for the advice! I'm making so many big decisions about going overseas that I can never be sure if my judgement is any good, haha. But yeah, I think by tonight or in the next few days I'll have booked a room! :smile:
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 33
I have no idea what SAAS is! Haha. So you don't know the other 2 guys who've booked 264J? I'm pretty sure that's the room I'm going to book later today if it's still available. Do you have facebook or skype or something? I'd love to get to know the people I might be living with!!!

WOOO u should book it! Yes i have facebook :smile: Mail me yours as i dont want everyone to know about my facebook lol! Oh and for your information SAAS stands for 'Student Award Agency for Scotland' basically student loan/bursary.
Reply 34
Im in 266K! :smile:

I think you will be in the flat next to me. I'm in 266L :smile:
Original post by CoralGray
I think you will be in the flat next to me. I'm in 266L :smile:

Well then, hey there neighbour! :P
Reply 36
Well then, hey there neighbour! :P

Haha! Hi there :smile: I'm so excited about moving in! What are you going to be studying?

I'm staying in the old fire station Flat 266G :hello:
Reply 38
Is anyone else moving in on the 17th of August?
Reply 39
Original post by CoralGray
Is anyone else moving in on the 17th of August?

Is this because you are going to the college instead of Uni? I was offered to move in then tooo! But i am waiting till the 8th!

Quick Reply

Latest