The Student Room Group

AS Edexcel Biology Unit 1 June 12- 14th of May

Scroll to see replies

Reply 420
Original post by avipsita
Good good ... i thought i was being stupid to write all of that :smile:

Well it had to have something to do with pH really seeing as the question before it was 'what would happen to the reaction mixture when the triglyceride breaks down :lol:'
I'm starting to feel less confident now. HURRY UP RESULTS!
Reply 422
Original post by oli_G
Well it had to have something to do with pH really seeing as the question before it was 'what would happen to the reaction mixture when the triglyceride breaks down :lol:'

Hmmm good point. The only enzyme reaction I'm familiar with is where you draw the cross and time how long it takes to disappear. Well hopefully I will get some marks for controlling temp, repeating etc
Original post by xKush
I did the exact same thing! I was gonna put beta blockers but then for some reason it sounded silly :frown:
I think the correct answer was ACE Inhibitors or Calcium channel blockers.

The correct answer is antihyperintensives ...
Reply 424
Also have just googled the systolic / diastolic thing - apparently its cos systolic is pressure on vessels when heart is beating, and diastolic is when heart is relaxed. I put something like you need both to work out overall pressure, so hopefully that's enough!
Reply 425
Original post by YellowAndBlack
The correct answer is antihyperintensives ...

Cool I put anti-hypertensives too
Reply 426
Original post by katu_mcd
Hmmm good point. The only enzyme reaction I'm familiar with is where you draw the cross and time how long it takes to disappear. Well hopefully I will get some marks for controlling temp, repeating etc

Hmm i'd never done that experiment either but they like to put in things you've never done before!
Who here did chemistry ?

I did, but we can't discuss it in too much detail before 4.30AM or something crazy like that. I'll be here to blab tomorrow :P

Do you still get the mark for Statins though?
anyone got the markscheme then ?
Reply 429
Original post by Mollymod
I did, but we can't discuss it in too much detail before 4.30AM or something crazy like that. I'll be here to blab tomorrow :P

Do you still get the mark for Statins though?

Statins don't reduce blood pressure - they reduce cholesterol levels in the blood.
Reply 430
Who here did chemistry ?

me! howd'you find it?
Original post by oli_G
Statins don't reduce blood pressure - they reduce cholesterol levels in the blood.

Damnit. I guess I'll wait till I see an unofficial mark scheme. No point stressing over it all now. Hope I did okay.
Original post by cspb
me! howd'you find it?

You aren't allowed to talk about it until 4.30
Reply 433
what did you write for why caffeine wasn't an amino acid? I wrote about it not having carboxyl group or H atom but no idea.. and what about the PH q? i wrote it was a decrease in a complete second of desesperation but made it up!
Original post by -strawberry-
You aren't allowed to talk about it until 4.30

No one will find out if we talk in *code* :colone:
Reply 435
I wrote it doesn't have a carboxyl group COOH or an amino group h2n

I also wrote a decrease in ph because of presence of fatty acids
Original post by cspb
me! howd'you find it?

Could have gone better of course, wbu?
No one will find out if we talk in *code* :colone:

You won't get away with it lol the mods here are clever.. :lol:
what about the unofficial mark scheme i think that it will not be done
Reply 439
suree! who's got the unofficial mark scheme? crazy to see it..

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending