Student in halls, University of Hull
University of Hull
Kingston-upon-Hull
Visit website

Hull Uni Accommodation

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2120
Original post by Samus2
I don't live in the university owned hoses but I'll try and answer your question :smile:

As far as I'm aware, there all shared bathrooms. Some have a sink in the room and the rooms are generally quite large.
The university owned houses are 5 minute max walk from the uni.
Parking is generally good... You can actually park behind the houses aswell...

Okay thank you, I think a student house is my best option for September then :-)
Student in halls, University of Hull
University of Hull
Kingston-upon-Hull
Visit website
Reply 2121
Original post by majornongeek
I am definitely going for student houses. My sister graduates from Hull this year and she thoroughly recommends the Lawns for first years because of the social side. I am more concerned by the distance to uni myself and really want to be closer. I am quite outgoing so I am sure I will make friends easily, whether through house sharing or through joining societies, etc.

I think the accommodation site is likely to crash on Wednesday morning because everybody is going to be wanting to log in at the same time but let's hope it doesn't. My sister's experience (and that of her peers) with first year accommodation was that just because you apply as soon as you possibly can there is absolutely no guarantee that you will get your first or even second choice as some accommodation (ie, Nicholson) is massively oversubscribed. It would appear that if you go for Nicholson (Lawns, en-suite self catered) and then apply, as a second choice, for an en-suite semi or fully catered room at the Lawns that you may well end up with a non-en suite semi or fully catered room in the Lawns or in a house, whether you want one or not. This is because if loads of people choose Lawns en-suite as a first choice, they are going to get preference for these above those who put Nicholson as a first choice so the Nicholson first choice applicants move further down the list if they don't get Nicholson.

Gosh, I have waffled, sorry.

Guess we will all have a great time wherever we end up living.

I think I will put student houses as my first choice, but I'm not sure what to put to put down as my second and third, possibly taylor court. Thank you for the advice though it was very helpful, hopefully the site won't crash on us on wednesday morning! :-)
Original post by Keckers
Actually that was a pretty exhaustive list :tongue:

:smile: haha thought so
i thought i'd leave it open for additions... guessed there might be places i haven't been
Original post by Keckers
I think I overdid welly in the first semester to be honest. Yeah 'course I know Ash

omg does EVERYONE know Ash???
Original post by majornongeek
I am definitely going for student houses. My sister graduates from Hull this year and she thoroughly recommends the Lawns for first years because of the social side. I am more concerned by the distance to uni myself and really want to be closer. I am quite outgoing so I am sure I will make friends easily, whether through house sharing or through joining societies, etc.

I think the accommodation site is likely to crash on Wednesday morning because everybody is going to be wanting to log in at the same time but let's hope it doesn't. My sister's experience (and that of her peers) with first year accommodation was that just because you apply as soon as you possibly can there is absolutely no guarantee that you will get your first or even second choice as some accommodation (ie, Nicholson) is massively oversubscribed. It would appear that if you go for Nicholson (Lawns, en-suite self catered) and then apply, as a second choice, for an en-suite semi or fully catered room at the Lawns that you may well end up with a non-en suite semi or fully catered room in the Lawns or in a house, whether you want one or not. This is because if loads of people choose Lawns en-suite as a first choice, they are going to get preference for these above those who put Nicholson as a first choice so the Nicholson first choice applicants move further down the list if they don't get Nicholson.

Gosh, I have waffled, sorry.

Guess we will all have a great time wherever we end up living.

definitely agree with you about getting in early. i didn't do mine straight away and didn't get any of my choices.
Original post by catrinasheep
omg does EVERYONE know Ash???

I'm sure most girls have been acquainted with him at some point, a guy knowing him is far less likely :tongue:
Has anyone actually managed to fill in the accommodation without it crashing?
I went on at about 6:56am and it was open, got to the 'Confirm' screen really quickly and it decided to them tell me I could only apply for two en-suite rooms so I had to go back - then it died. If it had told me that at the beginning, I'd have done it all by now!
The servers crashed for me :angry: Its no letting me apply for accomodation ive been trying since 6:59
I managed to get back onto the 'Personal' bit but now it's completely crashed.
Original post by Caitykinss
I went on at about 6:56am and it was open, got to the 'Confirm' screen really quickly and it decided to them tell me I could only apply for two en-suite rooms so I had to go back - then it died. If it had told me that at the beginning, I'd have done it all by now!

Same :frown:
it keeps coming up with this :/

Unable to make a secure connection to the server. This may be a problem with the server or it may be requiring a client authentication certificate that you don't have.
Error 107 (net::colone:RR_SSL_PROTOCOL_ERROR): SSL protocol error.
Same with me i filled in all my choices went to pay the deposit and it crashed its hardly fair because it not going to be on a first come first serve basis now!
I can get to the login page but then it just sits there for ages before saying that an error has occurred then the process is repeated... :angry:
its stupid if you ask me, ive tried ringing the tec department twice and theres no anwer
I've now got a 'Generic Error' because my session timed out...THAT'S NOT MY FAULT!!
Reply 2136
I managed to apply and pay my deposit and it crashed straight after, but it looks like its gone through because i've had a conformation e-mail. Hopefully you'll be able to get back on soon without it crashing :/
Ive just clicked on the link again and its still saying loading which is a change
Hopefully lots of people will give up soon so it starts running again!
Maybe there should be a mass power cut =D in some area of the country that may help haha

Quick Reply

Latest