The Student Room Group

Edexcel B3 Revision!??

Does anybody have any revision notes or sites to use to revise for B3, as I'm finding it literally impossible to find anything online which helps me revise.
I prefer having text but having to answer questions as you go along.
I'd usually use Sam Learning but they only have B3 revision for bio-technology and its very bland at that :frown:
Thanks.
Reply 1
Original post by zarajade
Does anybody have any revision notes or sites to use to revise for B3, as I'm finding it literally impossible to find anything online which helps me revise.
I prefer having text but having to answer questions as you go along.
I'd usually use Sam Learning but they only have B3 revision for bio-technology and its very bland at that :frown:
Thanks.

Buy an edexcel revision guide, it has everything in it and questions too, and do lots of past papers.
Reply 2
You can use http://getrevising.co.uk/. People post all of their revision notes on there. If you don't have your own, you could use theirs :smile:
I dont know if this will help revise but try SciencePass.com. Check out the 360TripleScience section maybe?
I dont know if this will help revise but try SciencePass.com. Check out the 360TripleScience section maybe.
Reply 5
What did u write for the swan , averages and last question ?????? what hapeens if you wrote the averages quiestions the wrong way round
Reply 6
Um if you wrote them the wrong way round I don't think you'd get the mark :/

I got 14 and 7.2 .
Reply 7
I got 14 and 7.2 too!
I had to guess the swan question and the cool water one
apparently the swan one was: to make sure they realise it is a member of the same species, and to make sure it was a suitable/healthy male of which they can pass their genes onto healthy offspring
Reply 9
Proper reckon I failed that exam.
It didn't seem much like B3 though, it seemed more like B2 but with a bit of common knowledge afterwards!
Reply 10
i think i put something stupid like: they are monogamous; therefore they have to show off their best features in order to attract a fit female, so that when they mate, the offspring can obtain the best genes.
i think the point i was trying to make was that they only have one partner, and if the partner didn't have good genes then the majority of offspring will also have these 'un-useful' genes. i don't know :/ just a good old guess :smile:
I only liked the bio-technology questions
Reply 11
Pretty sure thats along the lines as what I put too! B3 was quite good, tomorrow should be ok but P3.. :|
Reply 12
Original post by Student 1
Pretty sure thats along the lines as what I put too! B3 was quite good, tomorrow should be ok but P3.. :|

what do you think the grade boundaries for bio will be like? i can only lose 8ums in order to get an a* cause my iaas weren't excellent :/ c3 was good! how did you find p3? :L
Reply 13
Original post by 07sid
what do you think the grade boundaries for bio will be like? i can only lose 8ums in order to get an a* cause my iaas weren't excellent :/ c3 was good! how did you find p3? :L

Um grade boundaries will really depend on how well everyone did this year..I'm guessing around 50/60 for an A* (plus or minus a couple of marks). P3 was quite hard, C3 was ridiculously easy!

Quick Reply

Latest