The Student Room Group

Aqa MPC2 16 May 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by mattmattmatt
Yes but you substitute x for the stretch, not x^2, therefore i think it had to be root10, so that when squared it you got 10.

i think the answer was 1/root10, but i put 1/10 ... 3 marks perhaps/4??
Reply 41
Original post by ryanboi
I got Stretch X-direction s.f 1/10

i got this! :smile:
Reply 42
Original post by mattmattmatt
Yes but you substitute x for the stretch, not x^2, therefore i think it had to be root10, so that when squared it you got 10.

ahh sounds right. Damn it
Reply 43
Original post by Briz
i got this! :smile:

apparently is wrong. apparently is 1/root10
Reply 44
grrrrrrr ive lost another mark i put 1/10 as the scale factor. Will i get any marks for working out x=1/3 like 2 maybe? and you know for the y=7^x one..... I made the equations equal each other but i didnt do anything else, got stuck, will i maybe get 1 mark for it?
Reply 45
Very very very tricky paper! Yesterday, I actually did all of the past papers that AQA had released, and that easily outstripped most of them

The answers I can remember that I got...

tan question was +/- root3 and -1

I think the sector/kite/shaded area question was 222units^2?

I got 1/root10 for the scale factor

because stretching in x direction means x/scale factor x/1/root10 = root10x as you have to square that, (root10x)^2 = 10x^2 I'm reasonably happy about that

the gradient I got log10 (1000/729)

if anyone has any other questions I'll endeavor to answer them

Two things to take away:

1) If AQA are setting all of their exams to this standard, I have got a ****e week ahead of me

2) Hopefully, since everyone I've talked to has said it was a tricky paper, we'll get generous grade boundaries
Reply 46
Original post by kitkat19
grrrrrrr ive lost another mark i put 1/10 as the scale factor. Will i get any marks for working out x=1/3 like 2 maybe? and you know for the y=7^x one..... I made the equations equal each other but i didnt do anything else, got stuck, will i maybe get 1 mark for it?

I think there's going to be a lot of marks for working out on this paper.
Original post by Aqib7
I missed the area question of the triangle. i did some of it and was meant to go back to it at the end but ended up doing the trigonometry one.
If C2 was like this i am dreading FP1 on friday. :frown:

me too its gonna be horrific!
Reply 48
You mirked that paper....ive always got in the 95% for every AQA paper ever....and the real one is the one tht ive deffo lost 10 marks on....unless i get a couple of method ones im gonna get 65/75 , my record breaking low :frown:

(buggsuper i mean...youve done well!)
Reply 49
You mirked that paper....ive always got in the 95% for every AQA paper ever....and the real one is the one tht ive deffo lost 10 marks on....unless i get a couple of method ones im gonna get 65/75 , my record breaking low :frown:

(buggsuper i mean...youve done well!)

Thank you! I appreciate it, it was a pretty panicky moment getting to question 5 and suddenly realising it was going to be quite a tough time!
I wouldn't worry about dropping marks like that - you can still get 100% of the UMS even if you drop a fair few raw marks, and I reckon they'll be generous
Reply 50
Original post by bugsuper
Thank you! I appreciate it, it was a pretty panicky moment getting to question 5 and suddenly realising it was going to be quite a tough time!
I wouldn't worry about dropping marks like that - you can still get 100% of the UMS even if you drop a fair few raw marks, and I reckon they'll be generous

Im just praying for 90ums....wanted 98 but now hoping for 90 is a more realistic target. If boundaries are high i cheked i would get around 86 so hopefully thats my worse case scenario....im just trying to make myself feel better, its seriously not working
Reply 51
What do you think 60 raw marks will be in UMS?
Reply 52
Original post by Gary

80 probably because AQA are sly and probably won;t drop boundaries but realistically it shuld be no less than 84 UMS
Reply 53
It was dreadful. Absolutely dreadful.
Reply 54
Original post by Gary

80 probably because AQA are sly and probably won;t drop boundaries but realistically it shuld be no less than 84 UMS

60 raw marks for Core 4 June 11 was 93 UMS so we could get lucky :crossedf:
Reply 55
For the tan question, I only wrote tanx=-1 on part a.. but i worked out the rest in part b..will i get the marks :frown:
Reply 56
Original post by Cath-ay
was the trig one: tan(theta)= -1 and (root)3???

did you have to do + or - for the tan(theta)=(root)3. I only did the + value because I thought you can't square root a negative number that's why.
Reply 57
yeah...plus or muinus root 3 and -1

You sure if its plus or minus because I only did the plus value. damn!!!:frown:
Reply 58
What do you think 50 Raw marks will be then in UMS? as this is my worse scenario lol
Reply 59
yeah...plus or muinus root 3 and -1

damn, forgot about that -.- well that's another 2 marks gone! lol

Quick Reply

Latest