The Student Room Group

GCSE AQA Food Technology 16th May 2012 Thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Yeah the computer question would have been better if it had said just for research but it was about researching products already on the market so that ruled out questionnaires ect.
yeah!!
I forgot to add "cook pasta" in my flow chart LOL! I wrote alll the stages except that one -.-
Reply 22
Oh no! I didn't have to put about cooking the pasta because I was doing canelloni made with fresh pasta so it just baked in the oven with the rest of the dish.
The paper was alright, bit hard. Just didn't have enough detail for all the marks allocated for each mark.
Ahh! I done pasta bows so that my pasta appealed to children haha :smile:
Reply 25
For the modified starch question I put about people who are coeliacs and so therefore it'd be gluten free flour etc within products so they'd be able to consume it? idk lmao.
That exam was so strange.. The E question I was like *derp* also the one about preservatives and the last question. I read the time wrong in that exam I thought I had 20 minutes left so I started rushing through the paper super fast to find that I had 45 minutes *Face palm* but I wrote so much bull hope fully I gained sum marks I really need an A !
Reply 27
Original post by reecito
For the modified starch question I put about people who are coeliacs and so therefore it'd be gluten free flour etc within products so they'd be able to consume it? idk lmao.

Oh I thought that question was about pre-gelatinised sauces like cup a soup and angel delight?
Original post by 123xxx
Oh I thought that question was about pre-gelatinised sauces like cup a soup and angel delight?

Yes, that's right, just checked my revision guide :smile:.
Reply 29
Original post by catastrophe
Yes, that's right, just checked my revision guide :smile:.

Okay, thanks!
I honestly don't think I did great.

When it asked for a plan I did a flow chart :frown:

It doesn't looks too good for me.
Reply 31
Original post by elfandwonderful
I honestly don't think I did great.

When it asked for a plan I did a flow chart :frown:

It doesn't looks too good for me.

Don't worry, i think a flowchart would be marked as correct, its only a different format to a table, as long as you have the method, time, temp, health and safety and quality control checks it s fine ! :smile:
I thought this exam was quite ridiculous as there wasn't much knowledge in it at all, it was more just common sense questions about food which I lack in *sigh*
The really complicated and sophisticated things I revised for really hard didn't come up at all.
The test was too easy that it made it hard :frown:
I put that the 400g E meant Estimated weight, but I think it might have been European Standards.
I think the standard of the exam was harder than last years, this was my resit from last year
But last year I did no revision at all and came out with a B and was made to resit
I got an A* in the coursework so Im hoping to get a high A or A* to be able to get an A* overall.
I think the grade boundaries might be lowered this year because alot of teachers complained about them being so high
fingers crossed
Heyy,

The 400g E does mean estimated weight :smile:
Modified starch i put angel delight and gravy granules!
That last question was painful...
About the cultural and religious views.... wtf how much can you say about Halal meats and pork being sacred. I actually put something about how in China they eat dog, so manufacturers cannot use certain ingredients that are popular in some cultures as if dog was served in England people would be outraged. Im funny
There are rumours going around that if you get an A* in your coursework and get a high B in your exam you will get an A* over all.
Reply 37
Original post by 123xxx
Probably! I'll be disappointed if I get less than in the mock. Have you got your internal controlled assessment marks yet? My school won't give them to us incase they change lots :frown:

Yes we did , i got 88/90, but quite a few got 90/90 looks like high grade boundaries coming up! :eek:
Reply 38
Original post by mia_hilton
Yes we did , i got 88/90, but quite a few got 90/90 looks like high grade boundaries coming up! :eek:

Well done- that's such a good mark! I hope I can get close to that. I'm sure the grade boundaries won't be higher than 88/90 for the CA though.
Hey, im doing this exam as a mock exam next week. is it possible anyone could tell me what to revise for and/or what questions are on the paper? :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending