The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 6560
Lol, looking through the last 10 pages of this thread makes me realise how i've pretty much only listened to pre-95 death metal haha. I should really listen to the 20 or so albums that i haven't heard on that 'rough essentials' someone posted about 10 pages back.

Favourite death metal this year though..

[video="youtube;LN7Gdz62uD0"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LN7Gdz62uD0[/video]
Need to hear Ne Obliviscaris still, but I'm terribad at keeping up to date with new stuff. Seeing Delain tonight though! Thought I'd treat myself after getting a job, (even if its a **** one working in the kitchens at pizza hut -_-)

'technical' ****y metal done properly.
Original post by adamstandage
'Sup first post.

And i see you're talking about les legions noire and brenoritvezorkre, what.

I like Nevg.. but none of the other brenoritvrezorkre albums

I can't get into a majority of the LLN stuff. Don't get me wrong, I'm no stranger to badly produced/recorded albums, but some of it is just dire.

Original post by Betacra
I JUST listened to this album, first impressions are that it's fantastic. Long though.

Anything from this year I might have missed? Name at random. :wink:

Ahab have a new one coming out soon, as do Shining (the Swedish band, not the Norwegian band). That's all I know of at the moment though.

Original post by metalthrashin'mad
Need to hear Ne Obliviscaris still, but I'm terribad at keeping up to date with new stuff. Seeing Delain tonight though! Thought I'd treat myself after getting a job, (even if its a **** one working in the kitchens at pizza hut -_-)

Congrats on the job man :yy:
Money's better than no money.

Original post by concubine

It's not terrible :h:
Reply 6564

Thanks for posting this, listened to the album earlier, was good.

Original post by Drunk Punx
Ahab have a new one coming out soon, as do Shining (the Swedish band, not the Norwegian band). That's all I know of at the moment though.

Danke.
The sample I heard a while ago from the new Ahab wasn't bad, but it was kinda underwhelming. Hopefully it'll be a similar case to the new Wodensthrone, where they shared the weakest stuff.
Reply 6566
Oooh, my post got approved, does anyone here like Incantation?
Reply 6567
Lol, looking through the last 10 pages of this thread makes me realise how i've pretty much only listened to pre-95 death metal haha. I should really listen to the 20 or so albums that i haven't heard on that 'rough essentials' someone posted about 10 pages back.

Favourite death metal this year though..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LN7Gdz62uD0

****e, how on earth did I miss this post?

Agreed, it's definitely one of the best albums of the year if not the best.

Listened to some Ufomammut earlier, only just realised how much of a nod to Pink Floyd's 'Great Gig in the Sky' their song 'Ammonia' is. It's like Pink Floyd if they were a doom/sludge band.
Any Sylosis fans?
Oooh, my post got approved, does anyone here like Incantation?

Us cool kids do.
Original post by Drunk Punx

Congrats on the job man :yy:
Money's better than no money.

Yeah. It's not that bad really. Although I can safely say I will never eat a pizza again now I know how much oil we have to use on them.

Delain were awesome. Probably not too popular with you lot but they were awesome. Charlotte Wessels was already my favourite female singer after Anneke, and she was even better live than the album. Tons of new songs as well.
Reply 6571
Original post by Betacra
****e, how on earth did I miss this post?

Agreed, it's definitely one of the best albums of the year if not the best.

Not my best, that would go to Loma Prieta or possibly Egyptian Art Strike (pv) but definitely 3rd haha. Oh and you missed it because it had to get approved, assume b/c my first video post.

Us cool kids do.

Sweeeeeet, been working through their discog, so far:

Mortal Throne > Onward > Diabolical Conquest > Upon The Throne
Reply 6572
Not my best, that would go to Loma Prieta or possibly Egyptian Art Strike (pv) but definitely 3rd haha. Oh and you missed it because it had to get approved, assume b/c my first video post.

Completely skipped listening to this, no idea why. I guess it's something I should get around to.
Reply 6573
Original post by Betacra
Completely skipped listening to this, no idea why. I guess it's something I should get around to.

You should definitely get to it asap, intense as anything. Uniform is a contender for soty, skramzzzzzz revival haha
Reply 6574
i like rock/metal... i make songs every now and then that fit the generic metalcore description just for fun: http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page_songInfo.cfm?bandID=1208710&songID=11642565

Sweeeeeet, been working through their discog, so far:

Mortal Throne > Onward > Diabolical Conquest > Upon The Throne

Yeah, Mortal Throne is probably the best. My second favourite is probably Primordial Domination these days.

Original post by kenann
i like rock/metal... i make songs every now and then that fit the generic metalcore description just for fun: http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page_songInfo.cfm?bandID=1208710&songID=11642565

HELLO LINE 6 AND EZDRUMMER.
Reply 6576

HELLO LINE 6 AND EZDRUMMER.

precisely :cool:

anybody in here a fan of meshuggah and have heard koloss?
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by kenann

I think opinion is quite evenly divided on Koloss. I'm a member of the camp that found it incredibly disappointing. There's maybe one song's worth of great riffs. It has absolutely nothing on Catch 33, obZen or I.

And I don't really like the production.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 6578
Original post by kenann

Think I listened to it twice when it came out and haven't listened since? Not that I thought it was particularly bad (I enjoyed it!), just don't find myself wanting to listen to Meshuggah that often.

Concubine, I'm guessing you like/liked Converge..?
Think I listened to it twice when it came out and haven't listened since? Not that I thought it was particularly bad (I enjoyed it!), just don't find myself wanting to listen to Meshuggah that often.

Concubine, I'm guessing you like/liked Converge..?

I don't listen to them so often now but Jane Doe is one of the top... 50 (arbitrary number) albums ever.

As far as EXTREME music goes I'd have to put it in the top 10.

(the user name doesn't really have anything to do with them though, I just used it a long time ago whilst ****ing with people and pretending to be a woman, and have ended up using it the past 10 years outa a lack of imagination)
(edited 11 years ago)

Latest