The Student Room Group

G4S 2012 Olympics Job

Scroll to see replies

Reply 540
Original post by .Missy
I just got a call from G4S saying they havent got my bank statement a month after my interview -_- I had it on the day aswell

So bloody disorganised, I have to go in tomorrow to give it to them. Then its going to take a extra 2-12 weeks from when I give it.

I don't think I'll have enough time to do training :frown:

ohh thats sad -_- yeah not very organised..hand it in asap get the training over a done with init, follow them ..havent you done any training yet ?
Reply 541
Just a quick update, still to meet with G4S rep, scheduled this week, from info I have so far you should all know the roles you will be doing before you get to the venue.

I am still unsure how and when you will be assigned venues, but you will at some stage get Venue specific training, or should do at least.

Your accreditation at the UDAC should give you a clue.

All roles will be Security in one form or another and most customer facing, though there is jobs for Admin-y type bods at some venues.

Sorry if Ive repeated anything you knew already but will strive to find more asap
Reply 542
Original post by lozzielizzie
To be honest no one real knows whats going on. I had my interview back in december, i done all the training days there ask for. But i still have no idea what am going to be doing and when.

Hey! I got an email about training today, and I was just wondering...what do you wear for training? Is it like formal or casual?
Reply 543
Original post by Trey-Cii3
Hey! I got an email about training today, and I was just wondering...what do you wear for training? Is it like formal or casual?

They ask for smart casual dress code in their email, but to be honest they don't really care as I've seen people go in with normal daily clothes... so up to you really.

Original post by niyaz93
its 8.30£ for further training with g4s per hour and sia is £6.50 or something but we dont get the sia training money until we do the first 5 shifts because i order received my payslips regarding further training...

Thanks for the info! Seems better than I thought, just under £500 for my 8 days training.

Original post by Isildur1
Has anyone actually failed the interview?

To be honest I think you can only fail if you fail the physical tests such as sight, smell and colour. I was told if by G4S they will fail the interview if you can't read the letters on the paper, however the question/answer don't really matter. Like I said when they asked my friend what you know about G4S he said "Nothing... erm you do security..etc" bloody genius still passed.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 544
Original post by niyaz93
ohh thats sad -_- yeah not very organised..hand it in asap get the training over a done with init, follow them ..havent you done any training yet ?

Yeah I'm giving it tomorrow. NoI ain't done any training. I swear I cant unless I passed screening
Has anybody received dates of training for further role specific training? If so, when are the dates, what for and where is the training?
Original post by grizzletheconquerer
Hello,

Is all training done in London even if you don't live anywhere near London?

They asked me to do training in London when I applied/interviewed in Newcastle.
anyone going to training on monday 21st in cardiff ?
Reply 548
I have recieved training dates for the VSA Team Leader position. Its only two days. Does this mean I wont have the SIA Licence training?
Reply 549
Original post by chh1
I have recieved training dates for the VSA Team Leader position. Its only two days. Does this mean I wont have the SIA Licence training?

Have you not done the level 2 door supervisors course?
Has anyone done the X ray training, and if so is it worth bothering with for the extra £1 an hour? I have lots of exams coming up so I'm not sure I have the time for it.
Just finished my door supervisor course today for the week - hallelujah! :woo: No more getting up at 5am for now :biggrin:. I'm also starting to feel a bit more optimistic about the future, knowing that I now have possibly (if all goes well) and finally landed a decent temporary job and extra skills that will hopefully open up more doors for me in the future :smile:

Gonna use up the rest of my 7-day travelcard by wandering round London for the next 3 days :biggrin:
Reply 552
Am getting a bit sick of waiting for training now, seems like everyone else is getting it but me.
Reply 553
Original post by lozzielizzie
To be honest no one real knows whats going on. I had my interview back in december, i done all the training days there ask for. But i still have no idea what am going to be doing and when.

I Too had my interview back in December!
haven't heard anything until this month.

got a call on the 4th May asking for me to resend proof of address..
sent it Recorded next day.. i then had a phone call on the 10th asking if i sent the documents :confused::confused::confused: seriously? so i gave them the name of who signed for it blah blah blah..

now im back in the waiting zone..

really want to find out if im in or not..
cause if not i want to book a holiday and get out of the UK for the Olympics.
Original post by Prodigy
Am getting a bit sick of waiting for training now, seems like everyone else is getting it but me.

oh dont worry im in the same boat as you, im still waiting for the bunch of useless brain dead ***** to get back to me -_-
Reply 555
Original post by .Missy
Yeah I'm giving it tomorrow. NoI ain't done any training. I swear I cant unless I passed screening

after they confirm all the docz then they put u on four day door supervision course..
Reply 556
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/jobs/hr-news/9041404/G4S-swamped-by-20000-applications-for-Olympics-roles.html

read this, now am having doubts that after all the training we might get turned down if it comes down to g4s picking out people as they have certain limit to how many people can be hired... :/
Original post by niyaz93
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/jobs/hr-news/9041404/G4S-swamped-by-20000-applications-for-Olympics-roles.html

read this, now am having doubts that after all the training we might get turned down if it comes down to g4s picking out people as they have certain limit to how many people can be hired... :/

i dont think thats in relation to the bridging the gap application one though, which i assume most people on here used?
Reply 558
Original post by cl_steele
i dont think thats in relation to the bridging the gap application one though, which i assume most people on here used?

Bridging the what? No idea what that is but I would think most people applied straight, even here.
Reply 559
Original post by niyaz93
after they confirm all the docz then they put u on four day door supervision course..

They didnt for me :s-smilie:

Quick Reply

Latest