So how did everyone find it?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I failed......badly.....
You?
Original post by garyheehee
I failed......badly.....
You?

I found it all right. I think i messed up a little bit but overall nowhere near as bad as I thought it was going to be!
Reply 3
Original post by Emissionspectra
I found it all right. I think i messed up a little bit but overall nowhere near as bad as I thought it was going to be!

Ah, lucky
Did you get the value for D in the end?
Reply 4
I thought it went pretty well! I messed up the equation in the decay of K-, mind went blank! I just wrote proton in haste even though I knew it was wrong.

For the electron capture I put the antineutrino rather than the normal neutrino. Oh and that 6 marker on AC?! I didn't really know what it wanted me to write, the top half of my answer was some made up stuff but I think I got some of the points in the bottom half.

Surprisingly, no resistivity came up, didn't even come up in January.
Reply 5
Original post by garyheehee
Ah, lucky
Did you get the value for D in the end?

For D I think I got 0.23 metres squared but dunno if that's right. My resistive force was 505N

D4rth I think you're talking about a different exam :rolleyes: I think this is for the WJEC exam
Reply 6
Original post by hornet_56
For D I think I got 0.23 metres squared but dunno if that's right. My resistive force was 505N

D4rth I think you're talking about a different exam :rolleyes: I think this is for the WJEC exam

*sneaks out the back door*

I was wondering why everyone was talking about D, "wjec" doesn't come up in the thread title.
Original post by D4rth
*sneaks out the back door*

I was wondering why everyone was talking about D, "wjec" doesn't come up in the thread title.

I think i got the same, i know i got a resitive force of 505N
Reply 8
I'm sure I got most of the spring constant question wrong, I used the wrong equations etc
For the table in the first question on circuits, would the charge have gone through Buzzer P even if the switch was on? My last six values were all 'on'. It looked wrong but I didn't change it :/
I'm sure I got most of the spring constant question wrong, I used the wrong equations etc
For the table in the first question on circuits, would the charge have gone through Buzzer P even if the switch was on? My last six values were all 'on'. It looked wrong but I didn't change it :/

If the switch was open it would have if it was closed it wouldn't.
Reply 10
I put current at 0.07 not 0.067, so i got charge at 8.4C will i still get the marks ? and put power as 47.6 and not 48.0 cos i rounded off the previous question. someone tell me!!
Reply 11
8.4C?! Which question are you talking about?
One of my charges was was 17000 or something but the current was 120A!
You talking about the right exam? lol
8.4C?! Which question are you talking about?
One of my charges was was 17000 or something but the current was 120A!
You talking about the right exam? lol

Ye I got that, what did you get for the Current when the spanner was dropped in between the terminals?
Original post by Emissionspectra
Ye I got that, what did you get for the Current when the spanner was dropped in between the terminals?

I got something like 0.07 after I divided something. but then I realised I should multiply, and got thousands of amps instead
Original post by cleverslacker
I got something like 0.07 after I divided something. but then I realised I should multiply, and got thousands of amps instead

I said infinite/ very very high.
I think you had to divide current (120A) by Ir (0.03)
Reply 16
I got 400 amps for the spanner one...
So far I think I've lost about 15 marks what dya thing the grade boundary will be based on how everyone found it?
Original post by cleverslacker
I think you had to divide current (120A) by Ir (0.03)

ughh i got 0.03 but then i changed it to 0.1 :frown:
Arrgh, Hated it. Overall I have to admit the paper wasn't as bad as a comparison to the past papers. Guys I is so important that you sleep well the night before and have breakfast before going on. I got to experience it.
I found it harder than most past papers, but not as hard as Jan 2012.

What did you guys put for the PD required to cause current in a super conductor? I put greater than zero

Quick Reply