The Student Room Group

EU Bloc Secretariat election

Hey all,
Here is the EU Bloc Secretariat election.

We have one candidate. The period for Q&A will now last three days.

MorgsieI am the current EU MUN Rep and I have been vocal and led on Syria, I have been one of the first people to comment. I am also the Leader of the TSR Liberal Democrats and Leader of the Pro-Europe Society. I am knowledgeable of the EU system and its relations with the UN. My welcome post explained what the EU can and cannot do. I am looking into Article 34 of the Treaty on the European Union giving myself the right to present EU positions in the Security Council.

I have been advocating European values of: democracy, human rights, and the rule of law. The principles of European Foreign Policy are laid out in Article 21 of the TEU. If Elected I shall carry on advocating European values.

I am the Secretariat of the Baltic Partnership and if elected I will help establish a close partnership between both groups because nine members of the Baltic Partnership are also members of the EU. With regards to the other groups here in the MUN, I will be the point of contact if they wish to liaise with the Bloc

European foreign policy requires unanimity and if elected I will work with all member states to find a consensus on various issues.

Activity of this new Bloc is important and should play a part in revitalising the MUN. If elected I shall play my part to make this an active group. I will also be monitoring the levels of activity.

Morgsie
QFA

Original post by toronto353
QAF

After 3 days Q&A this will go to vote, the other option will be R.O.N (Re-Open Nominations.)

Scroll to see replies

Good luck to all candidates. I think I'll go for Morgsie...
Reply 2
Original post by DebatingGreg
Good luck to all candidates. I think I'll go for Morgsie...

OOC: What do you think about my Manifesto?
Morgsie will be an outstanding Secretary.
Original post by Morgsie

I'll kick off the questioning. What policies do you intend to enact to ensure high levels of activity within the Bloc?
Reply 5
I'll kick off the questioning. What policies do you intend to enact to ensure high levels of activity within the Bloc?

Good Question.

When I take Office I intend for a roll call of all States, those that do not respond will be given to SG so he can monitor their activity. I will work with the Presidency to ensure there is high activity. Regular PMs is vital for this, which you have been doing and I will carry on.

A thread for the time being entitled EU Bloc similar to the other Groups.
Reply 6
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by Morgsie

Good, it lines all your responsibilties and credentials such as Pro-Europe Society, Leader of Lib Dems and Secretariat of the BP, which shows your experience quite well, as well as some of your plans. Obviously, I can't compare it to others, but all in all it was a good showing of why you should be Secretariat :yy:
Whilst Tunisia obviously cannot vote, she lends her support to Morgsie in the upcoming election
Reply 9
What if your roles conflict?
Reply 10
Original post by jsb123
What if your roles conflict?

They have not conflicted so far but if they do then I will ask another person to make the decision.
Original post by Morgsie
They have not conflicted so far but if they do then I will ask another person to make the decision.

If the roles came into conflict, which role would you prioritise and why?
Reply 12
If the roles came into conflict, which role would you prioritise and why?

I cannot answer it because both roles are important and I could not prioritize.
Reply 13
I am pleased to see that Morgsie will be our next Secretariat. I would like to ask him how he sees the European Union with every increasing instability in peripheral economies and how he whether he believes that the EU can have a practical help for those economies who simply cannot pay off their debts whilst under the scrutiny of investors and in a weak eurozone?
Reply 14
Original post by frankayak
I am pleased to see that Morgsie will be our next Secretariat. I would like to ask him how he sees the European Union with every increasing instability in peripheral economies and how he whether he believes that the EU can have a practical help for those economies who simply cannot pay off their debts whilst under the scrutiny of investors and in a weak eurozone?

I know very little about economics and the Eurozone Crisis. Europe is at a crossroad IRL at the moment and Francois Hollande and Angela Merkel are meeting tomorrow. Germany has got to do more.

The EU has got to do more with regards to growth. There are programmes like the cohesion policy and the regional funds which might be used. TSR is different than RL and decisions are made on an Inter-Governmental basis amongst the various Reps.

One of the main reasons for the crisis is the way EMU was designed in a one size fits all policy.
thunder_chunky

QFA

This needs to go to vote now. :smile:
This needs to go to vote now. :smile:

Yes boss.
Looks good!
The poll is up!

QFA

Morgsie
QFA