The Student Room Group

will I lose cond offer?? help :(

I just received my final semester law school grades, American system, and the grades were not good. I had a conditional offer to graduate with a 3.0 (but my gpa was 2.7 at the time). It went up from semester 1 (2.86) but fell again.

I had bad carpal tunnel and I had a surgeon write me a doctor's note asking for testing accomodations, but the school was very strict and barred me from testing accomodations this particular semester, and I know this is what hurt my grades. I work very hard, and these grades do not show that.

I had 24 hour typing exam, then 6 fast-paced timed hours of straight-up typing causing finger numbness and acute pain.

What do I tell the university people? Do they take health issues into consideration? Am really terrified :frown:

It's within the top 20 universities in the UK...I have great work experience and everything was fine, but now this..
(edited 11 years ago)
all you can do is call the university and speak to them. if you've not missed your offer by much, it will probably just depend how over or under subscribed they are this year. and a 24 hour exam sounds a) nuts and b) cruel!
I work very hard, and these grades do not show that.

No-one, not universities and especially not employers, cares how hard you work. They care what results come out of your hard work.

What do I tell the university people? Do they take health issues into consideration? Am really terrified

All you can do is state the facts, supported with whatever doctor's evidence you can find. I wouldn't assume that you can persuade new uni to accept mitigating circumstances which your current uni refused.

I had bad carpal tunnel and I had a surgeon write me a doctor's note asking for testing accomodations, but the school was very strict and barred me from testing accomodations this particular semester

What reason did they give for this? And what is a 24-hour typing exam?
Reply 3
The reason they refused was because according to them, carpal tunnel was not a disability per se under the Americans with Disabilities Act. This is odd, because they did give testing accomodations precisely for carpal tunnel the semester before, which really makes no sense.

Also, a 24 hour exam is a take-home final exam that requires typing for hours, in which you produce 18 double spaced pages within those 24 hours. It requires fast-paced typing, and my fingers/wrist were in excruciating pain afterward.
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by silvereesti
Also, a 24 hour exam is a take-home final exam that requires typing for hours, in which you produce 18 double spaced pages within those 24 hours. It requires fast-paced typing, and my fingers/wrist were in excruciating pain afterward.

aaaah, that makes more sense. that sounds like what i'm doing today with my essay :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending