The Student Room Group

How do you guys deal with road rage?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 41
Original post by DaveDavids
The highway code permits this, once you are on the roundabout you have right of way and can go around and around as many times as you choose.

I do agree a mini roundabout is perhaps a little silly to pull this manoeuvre but it is a perfectly legal manoeuvre and cars have to give way and wait patiently.

The prats are the ones that break the speed limit (break the law) when they are in a rush, smart people use the highway code to their advantage and thus no law is broken e.g. at a roundabout:
1) 360 degree turns for a U turn if you need to go in the opposite direction and there is no easy way of turning around.
2) if you need to turn left and your in a rush and there is traffic: move to the right lane indicate right and do "approx" 450 degree turn thus placing you at the turning left exit.
3) if you need to go straight ahead and your in a rush and there is traffic: move to the right lane indicate right and do 540 degree turn thus permitting you to go straight ahead.

Highway code:
Mini-roundabouts. Approach these in the same way as normal roundabouts. All vehicles MUST pass round the central markings except large vehicles which are physically incapable of doing so. Remember, there is less space to manoeuvre and less time to signal. Avoid making U-turns at mini-roundabouts. Beware of others doing this.
[Laws RTA 1988 sect 36 & TSRGD regs 10(1) & 16(1)]

But yes, while it's annoying when people go around a roundabout to avoid traffic it's perfectly legit :tongue:
Reply 42
People not indicating piss me off, people who just keep driving when there isn't enough room for us both to fit, etc.

I normally call them expletives or if what they did was just downright dangerous, I beep the horn.

So in short, I deal with road rage in the way it's meant to be dealt - by getting really ****ing angry!
Reply 43
Original post by DaveDavids
The highway code permits this, once you are on the roundabout you have right of way and can go around and around as many times as you choose.

I do agree a mini roundabout is perhaps a little silly to pull this manoeuvre but it is a perfectly legal manoeuvre and cars have to give way and wait patiently.

The prats are the ones that break the speed limit (break the law) when they are in a rush, smart people use the highway code to their advantage and thus no law is broken e.g. at a roundabout:
1) 360 degree turns for a U turn if you need to go in the opposite direction and there is no easy way of turning around.
2) if you need to turn left and your in a rush and there is traffic: move to the right lane indicate right and do "approx" 450 degree turn thus placing you at the turning left exit.
3) if you need to go straight ahead and your in a rush and there is traffic: move to the right lane indicate right and do 540 degree turn thus permitting you to go straight ahead.

When it comes to roundabouts 2 things that enter my head as prats are:
1) people who are waiting to pull onto the roundabout and always assume the maximum a person is going to turn is 270 degree turn (i.e. turning right) and pull out in front of a car that has right of way doing 360+ turn.
2) when it is "not" permitted (i.e. the road marks in the right hand lane only show right turn) people who use the right hand lane to go straight ahead and almost collide with someone that is driving ahead in the left lane.... this is when they should do the 540 degree turn instead!

You might want to reconsider your degrees of turns :wink: Going around the roundabout to do a U-turn is only 180*, turning left by going around once is 270*, and going around the roundabout fully only to go straight ahead is 360*.
Reply 44
Original post by Nuffles
You might want to reconsider your degrees of turns :wink: Going around the roundabout to do a U-turn is only 180*, turning left by going around once is 270*, and going around the roundabout fully only to go straight ahead is 360*.

smart arse hehe
thumps up.
you knew what I meant which is all that matters in a discussion forum.
Reply 45
35k7jh.jpg

or if its really bad, there's always a stress ball in the glove compartment.

Quick Reply