The Student Room Group

AQA GCSE Religious Studies B Unit 2 (Religion and Life Issues)?

TAKING THIS EXAM TOMORROW!
I have done a fair amount of revision over the last 6 months, especially over Christmas when I had loads of time. However, lately, I just couldn't bring myself to revise because it's so damn boring (no offence; I still really want to do well).

What are some good last minute revision tips? I've been doing practise questions over the last few weeks but never quite improving and idk what more to do...

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
was alright probably got 60 out of 72 rushed on last question due to lack of time
Reply 2
Wish there was more time for this exam! Do you think they will not mark some of my questions as I didn't leave enough space between answers on the 1st 5 questions? :frown:
i hope i done well. I write 10 pages but rushed just near the end

For the do you think life is a blessing from god (3marks) i put something like this:

Yes, i agree because all life is sacred,special and valuable. God gives and takes life, making it a blessing from him and life is a reward to those who love each other and try to bring another child into the world. I also agree with this because we are a combination of genes, make us blessed and special and because of this i beleive that we are sacred,special and a bless from god. A religion who may agree with me of this is christianty as they beleive that god gives and takes life and in sancitity of life meaning that they think life is special, vulable and sacred, making it a blessing from god and this agrees with my opinion on this matter.

Is that worth of three marks :frown:?
Reply 4
I did this exam today too.. it was ok but i found the last question on abortion hard and the last question on war and peace. do you think they will lower the grade boundaries?
Original post by whoopli
Wish there was more time for this exam! Do you think they will not mark some of my questions as I didn't leave enough space between answers on the 1st 5 questions? :frown:

I don't know. I guess they ask you to leave room because they scan the answers in. It would be a bit harsh if they didn't mark them though.
I rushed near the end too. I only had 15 minutes to the whole of war and peace but luckily I did finish. I chose not to do religion and animal rights. What did other people pick?
Reply 7
I had to do animal rights, prejudice, early life and war we didnt have a choice..... which one did u find the hardest and for the question about give 2 reason why people are racially prejudice.... for one I put because people think that someones skin colour determines their ability do you think that counts?
what do you think grae boundary for an A* will be?
about 60?
Reply 9
I found this exam okay, could have probably gone a bit better, and I didn't leave space in between the answers and some of the questions were awkward but other than that it was good.
Reply 10
Original post by science-oliver
what do you think grae boundary for an A* will be?
about 60?

I hope so cus last year it was 62 and this test was harder than last years so hopefully our grade boundaries will be lower
Reply 11
Original post by shyamshah
I found this exam okay, could have probably gone a bit better, and I didn't leave space in between the answers and some of the questions were awkward but other than that it was good.

I really hope they don't take away marks for not leaving a space as me and all my friends didn't !:frown:
or do you think grade boundaries higher than 60 or lower than 60?
Original post by whoopli
I really hope they don't take away marks for not leaving a space as me and all my friends didn't !:frown:
I think it will be quite harsh if they do, becuse I am sure a lot of people after doing the question left space but then when coming back to it at the end they filled the space in. So it would be very harsh if they do.
I thought it was harder than last year's so I would say around 60 for an a*. Can anyone remember the questions on each topic as I am worried I may have forgotten to answer some as I was rushing for time! :smile:
Reply 15
I think that the boundary for an A* is still 62 because all of my ppq's had 16 + as the A* (rounded up from15.5)!!!!!! :confused:
Reply 16
Original post by whoopli

I think that they scan the whole page not certain questions so I would not really worry about it
I thought the exam was okay overall but I hated the arbortion section, the questions were weird. I should have done planet earth - my teacher told me it would be one of the easiest topics. Oh well.
Original post by Sarah_vely
Do you remember the questions on the abortion section? I remember there was one like "who's right should be considered when the mother wants to abort her baby" or something.

There was one about the unborn child's rights when abortion was being considered and the 6 mark question was about women being allowed to have abortions during any time at her pregnancy. How did you find it?
Reply 19
June 2010 was 55 for an A* so i'm still hopeful!!

Another question on abortion was about quality of life and sanctity of life the difference and religious views about it
and 2 circumstances when a woman can have an abortion in the uk

Quick Reply