The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by ArcadiaHouse
So what do you call the man, then?

The man is a lad. And the woman is a slut.
Why?
Because the successful evolution of the human species depends on the social process that occurs in most species on Earth in which males are the 'chasers' and females are the 'choosers'. Women being picky ensures that there is a social struggle between men to pass their genes on to the next generation. This ensures that it is the genes of the superior men that are passed on to the next generation. So in this context, the man in the taxi is a lad because he has obtained high enough social value to get a woman to have sex with him. However a woman who will casually have sex with any Tom's dick or Harry's may taint the next generation's gene pool with undesirable genes and is therefore a slut.
Reply 41
Original post by badcheesecrispy

Not been, would never go. Dubai is flacid compared to other Islamic states, yet its laws like this one are outrageous. Foreign tourists should be exempt from these ridiculous laws.

Now, you can say that foreigners who come here must obey our laws yet many don't and continue their illegal cultural practices here, which is then ignored by the police, so why not in Dubai? The place is a hotspot for western tourists, its about time they changed their laws to accommodate so. They, despite being an islamic state sell alcohol to people (at £10 all you can drink?), enough to get them slaughtered (although it is apparently illegal and carries fines) yet woe betide you get seen in public drunk. On the other hand, this woman was careless and Dubai is one of the last places you would engage in this behaviour. Doesnt mean their laws arn't dictatory and ridiculous.

hahahahahhha :colone: you're special
Original post by DorianGrayism
Well, it is when you do it in someone else's taxi.

Why are you conveniently ignoring that I said it disregarding the fact it was in dubai and in public?

The woman was called a slut for getting drunk and having sex with someone she doesnt know, which is what my post was aimed at. Would a man be called a slut for this or would it just be normal?

The fact it was in a public taxi is quite tacky on BOTH their accounts and I've never said otherwise. The conduct in general was inappropriate but its not something that defines nor the woman or the man as a person. Lots of people have made mistakes when they were drunk. Lots of people have sex with those they've only just met, or who arnt in a relationship with, and whilst drunk. These two were probably just idiotically thrill seeking and got busted in doing so.
Reply 43
Original post by ArcadiaHouse
So what do you call the man, then?

a player :colone:
Reply 44
she's well game :sexface:
Original post by Mister.T
The man is a lad. And the woman is a slut.
Why?
Because the successful evolution of the human species depends on the social process that occurs in most species on Earth in which males are the 'chasers' and females are the 'choosers'. Women being picky ensures that there is a social struggle between men to pass their genes on to the next generation. This ensures that it is the genes of the superior men that are passed on to the next generation. So in this context, the man in the taxi is a lad because he has obtained high enough social value to get a woman to have sex with him. However a woman who will casually have sex with any Tom's dick or Harry's may taint the next generation's gene pool with undesirable genes and is therefore a slut.

How stupid is this argument. So now every woman who marries/has children with a man is doing so with a genetically superior one?

What if, a woman is married to a fat lazy slob with no brain and cheats with a young hot stud that is Oxford educated?

Is she still then a slut who is possibly corrupting the gene pool with the Oxford hunks horrific genes?

What about a disabled man or woman, should they refrain from sex as it could poison the gene pool?

Social value? The guy was in Dubai where it is not only looked down upon but illegal to have sex with random people, how will he be gaining social status from doing this?

More like 2 people were drunk and randy and got it on. Not as complicated and ridiculous as you make out. :confused:
Reply 46
Original post by kunoichi
As far as i can see muslims do just that - honour killings etc

Honour killings?
When did an honour killing happen in the UK that WAS related to regular muslims and not terrorists?
Reply 47
£10 for an all you can drink brunch event?!
You shouldn't start getting naked and having sex in the back of a cab anywhere in the world.
I did say that the woman was careless and should have been aware of the laws. It also sounds like shes been accused of having sex when that isnt the case. She said she was arrested for having alcohol in the taxi and not having sex.

If you go to the country, you make yourself aware of the law and you cant accordingly.
DON'T GO THERE, if you don't agree with the law.
It's their own fault.
Reply 50
Why are people angry about this?

While you are in another country you have to obey their laws. End of story.
Original post by kunoichi
TBH she was wrong for having sex in a taxi
and Dubai can make and enforce whatever rules they like.

That said, however Dubai may want to relax its laws when it comes to tourists as they seem to want to attract a lot of them. For many tourists from the West it is natural to hug/ kiss your partner and many people will do it without thinking. Also punishing tourists for having sex before marriage is ridiculous and I really think they need to accept that is our culture as we accept certain aspects of theirs when they come over here.

She should not have been charged for drinking either - if drinking is forbidden why is there somewhere that sells alcohol in Dubai?

Dubai is not going to continue to attract tourists for long on a large scale if it does not relax or get rid of some of its laws that conflict heavily with western culture.

This is what I was trying to get at with my first post but apologies I am stoned and it didnt come out as well put as this :smile:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2145142/Rebecca-Blake-arrested-Dubai-having-sex-Conor-McRedmond-backseat-taxi.html

A British businesswoman faces up to three years in jail for allegedly having sex in a taxi in Dubai while she was drunk.
Rebecca Blake, 29, and Conor McRedmond were arrested after an all-day drinking binge.
They were held for five days and accused of having sex outside marriage and being drunk in a public place both criminal offences in the strict Islamic state.

Strict!? The fact that they allow the selling and consumption of alcohol at all proves it's not strict.

I'm pretty sure having sex in a public place is an offence in many non-Muslim countries, maybe even this one.
Can't say I have any sympathy tbh, she should get the whatever the law can throw at her.
i currently live in dubai and from wht i read damn those two are screwd
however i feel if you go to a country you abide by their laws or get lost i mean rite now in france muslims aren't allowed to wear their religious dress coz of security issues and i agree, they are a cover up for many terrorists but as muslim living in france you gotta adhere to these rules however when a frenchie would come to dubai the muslims would expect him/her to follow their rules here in your case the woman is rightly accused as she was drunk and got screwed by some guy in the back of a 'public' transport vehicle i dont think most of the countries in the world allow you to have sex in public.
Original post by Dirac Delta Function
Strict!? The fact that they allow the selling and consumption of alcohol at all proves it's not strict.

I'm pretty sure having sex in a public place is an offence in many non-Muslim countries, maybe even this one.
Can't say I have any sympathy tbh, she should get the whatever the law can throw at her.

dubai has bent some of its rules to accommodate tourists but a lot of the islamic laws still hold
Wtf Rebecca Black's only 14...oh wait I misread it :colondollar:
Original post by Dirac Delta Function

I dont have sympathy, I'm pointing out the hypocrisy and contradiction in the Dubai ruling.

Drinking is illegal and carries a fine, as does being drunk in public, yet they have £10 all you can drink buffets?
Original post by Multitalented me
Wtf Rebecca Black's only 14...oh wait I misread it :colondollar:

caught me first too
Diving in with the 'lets call the white woman a slut' are we?

well isnt she ? banging in the back seat of a taxi in which the cop and the driver witnessed. stupied hoer needs to be locked up for a looongg time.
Reply 59
Diving in with the 'lets call the white woman a slut' are we?

I'm a white guy and I think she's a bit dopey for doing this kind of thing in an Arab country (well I suppose it wouldn't be unusual if it was in a Beirut car park lol). A slut? well I agree with the feminist notion that hating on women for being loose but praising men is wrong and Muslims are probably the world champions at that.
(edited 11 years ago)

Latest