The Student Room Group

OCR AS Biology?

I thought Biology at GCSE was reasonable, and im wondering if it would be alright to study at AS? I'm studying 4 AS levels atm, and im being offered to drop one and study 3 A2s next year and AS biology but im not sure, would it be good? Its OCR biology. Thanks (:
If you are able to apply the your knowledge and have the ability to logically extend the topics you have learned you should be fine.
OCR have a tendency to include topics in the later exams which aren't covered in the textbook at all so be prepared to do a bit of outside reading.

But if you are keen and willing then you should do very well in it.
Reply 2
Original post by Jake011268
I thought Biology at GCSE was reasonable, and im wondering if it would be alright to study at AS? I'm studying 4 AS levels atm, and im being offered to drop one and study 3 A2s next year and AS biology but im not sure, would it be good? Its OCR biology. Thanks (:

The beginning of the AS course is just revision, it starts pretty basic but it does get demanding as you progress through the course. May I ask what A2s you will be carrying on?

I would say knowing the specification inside out and past papers will be your friend for OCR Biology. If someone has told me this 2 years ago I would have achieved an A. Oh and if you have a bad teacher never ever blame them for your failure. At the end of the day we are being trained for independent study skills.

If you have any more questions feel free to PM me or post here :smile:
Reply 3
I will be continuing Maths, Physics and Chemistry to A2 :smile:

And yeah im more an independant study person myself, the teachers teach us what we need for the C/D, i go further and get really indepth because i want As or high Bs. but yeah i would never blame my teachers anyway, if i did bad, then thats my fault not theirs :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending