The Student Room Group

Higher Graphic Communication 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by ScottishDan
Oh no you're right, I was being stupid haha!

Haha no worries :smile:
Reply 21
Good luck tomorrow everyone! I'm sure we'll all get what we want from this paper! :biggrin:
Reply 22
Good luck to everybody! The nerves are kicking in, don't know nearly enough KI as I should :frown:
Reply 23
Original post by RyJ
Personally, I don't think tangency will come up as a stand-alone question this year, because it did last year and I've noticed it popping up alternating years. However, it might come up as part of an optional question. OR it might come up again this year, you never know!

What do you think the likelihood of an interpenetration question coming up this year? I've noticed they've been quite scarce, with the most recent appearance was 2010, before that was 2007.

P.S. Thanks for the tips!

As I hinted at in my post, the Principal Assessor notes that Tangency is done poorly, so good to put it in for 8-10 marks.

I think there may be an Aux. View and Interpen/Development integrated 30 mark question eek !
Reply 24
Original post by RyJ
Aww nice! Your thematic must have been amazing! I got an A in my prelim too, well, with my thematic added to it. I'd normally hope that there wouldn't be a section in the exam, but hell will freeze over before that happens, I just hope it's straightforward...

Assemble the parts 3-5, then you will get some marks if you don't understand the sectioned surfaces. Remember - don't section any webs, pins, nuts, bolts
Reply 25
Original post by rwxx
Should be! Didn't study at all for standard grade and I've not found the jump to higher to be that big anyway, surely I'll be able to get a decent amount of marks :smile:

Hmmmm. Hope you do well but revise !
Reply 26
Original post by RyJ
Personally, I don't think tangency will come up as a stand-alone question this year, because it did last year and I've noticed it popping up alternating years. However, it might come up as part of an optional question. OR it might come up again this year, you never know!

What do you think the likelihood of an interpenetration question coming up this year? I've noticed they've been quite scarce, with the most recent appearance was 2010, before that was 2007.

P.S. Thanks for the tips!

I would be surprised it was a full 20 marker.

You may find an ellipse, interpen and tangency question though, it would be a good question to sample all the TG units (one of the purposes of the exam)
Reply 27
Original post by Mr_T_Scots
I would be surprised it was a full 20 marker.

You may find an ellipse, interpen and tangency question though, it would be a good question to sample all the TG units (one of the purposes of the exam)

I hope you're right, because I like (when I say I like them, I mean I can do them), these types of drawing!
Reply 29
How did everyone find it?

I thought the drawing were quite easy :smile:

measured perspective, auxiliary and the assembled drawing I think I may have got full marks. However the tangency just didn't work for me and I only had 10 minutes left to make an attempt at the isometric. And the questions were OK but I didn't know of the one the was to hide the circuit lines.
I'm so happy! I thought that was brilliant! Quite confident about all the drawings but as far as tangency questions go, I thought that was really hard! Haha! The auxiliary was quite easy and they're the hardest for me. I'd be devastated if I didn't get an A after that!
Reply 31
the tangency was just vile. haahaha

The rest seemed not too bad, though the theory was harder than it has been in the past papers :smile:

Think ive passed though, since i only needed 56 out of 140 for a C, due to me getting 46 in coursework

What bout everyone else? :smile:

Dean
Reply 32
Thought that was a fair paper! Knew much more KI than I expected, especially because I did next to zero studying for that part.

The drawings weren't too difficult, got a bit stuck at part of the tangency but other than that fairly straightforward, however I reeeeeally mucked up the auxilary plan big time :frown: Other than that it was fine, isometric was a gift! Hoping for at least a B :smile:
Reply 33
can anyone tell me what the tree was in the theory questions i have tried to find it on the internet and cant find it. our class were told we were not allowed the information sheets with us and we have been told that we were always allowed them.
What tree? And why would you be aloud to bring sheets into an exam?
Reply 35
Original post by ScottishDan
What tree? And why would you be aloud to bring sheets into an exam?

it was sheets with the symbols on it we were told that at higher you got that so you didnt need to remember that stuff and there wasa question where it was a circle with a solid dot in the middle of it, is that not a symbol for a tree?
Well I said it was trees but not too sure and really you were told you could bring a symbols sheet into the exam? By a graphics teacher?
Reply 37
yes, graphics teacher said that it has been like that since he has been a teacher, it was sheets that were in the class room and we were told that at higher you got the sheet with them on it but for int 2 you had to know them. it didnt make sense to me why higher got the sheet and not int 2 but i just assumed it was because of the harder drawings at higher.
Jeez you should tell him that he's wrong then. That doesn't make sense how he would think that! Ha
Reply 39
How did everyone find the exam? I crammed the theory the night before so that was stressful but the theory was really similar to the prelim I had so that was good. Like 3 out of the 4 drawings were really easy I thought. The measured perspective and conic section was a gift. I got 56/57 something in the folio so I only needed like 10 marks for a pass...I feel pretty safe I have that. So I thought it was quite good.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending