The Student Room Group

MySQA SAM's Study Tips

Scroll to see replies

SAM's Exam tips 52: Do the questions you feel confident about first to build confidence - you may find yourself remembering more things.
Original post by anthonyfl
I have a study tip! Deactivate Facebook until exams are over. I never took studying seriously or spent enough time revising because of Facebook! Then I came to the unhappy realisation that the only way I would was to deactivate it :smile:

So you came over to TSR instead. I like your thinking...
Original post by mysqa
So you came over to TSR instead. I like your thinking...

Yes haha, at least it is full of like minded people though when it comes to studying! :biggrin:
SAM's Study tips 53: Always read each question carefully. Don't assume "I know this" and charge in. You're likely to make silly mistakes.
SAM’s Study tip 54: Exams are not a test of honesty - you won't be penalised if you tell the examiner that you are CANCER rather than SAGITTARIUS.
(edited 11 years ago)
SAM’s Study tips 55: Dwelling on an exam that you have completed wastes energy and time, and will drive you crazy. Let go!
SAM’s Study tips 56: Always credit your sources in academic writing, even when you are referring to ideas rather than actually quoting.
SAM’s Study tips 57: Despite what you may think, examiners are not sadists whose sole purpose in life is to catch you out. They want you to succeed.
SAM’s Study tips 58: If you get a mental block breathe deeply, relax and ask yourself "If I did know the answer, what would it be?"
SAM’s Study tips 59: On a question worth 6 marks, even if your final answer is wrong you can still get 5 out of 6 marks by showing your method.
SAM’s Study tips 60: Do the questions you feel most confident about first to build your confidence - you may find yourself remembering more things.
Reply 71
Original post by mysqa
SAM's Exam tips 52: Do the questions you feel confident about first to build confidence - you may find yourself remembering more things.

Original post by mysqa
SAM’s Study tips 60: Do the questions you feel most confident about first to build your confidence - you may find yourself remembering more things.

Déjà vu SAM :wink: :rolleyes:
Well done, go to the top of the class. It did seem strangely familiar as I was posting it...

:smile:
Reply 73
Original post by mysqa
Well done, go to the top of the class. It did seem strangely familiar as I was posting it...

:smile:

At least you know I'm taking note of your tips :wink:
I am genuinely flattered, and a little relieved!
Original post by mysqa
I am genuinely flattered, and a little relieved!

And a little creeped out, no? :gasp:

P.S. SAM, is it not past your bed-time? :tongue:
Original post by Quick-use
And a little creeped out, no? :gasp:

P.S. SAM, is it not past your bed-time? :tongue:

I'm a 24/7 kind of gal. Whenever I'm needed I'll be there. All I need is a cape and a mask really.
SAM’s Study tips 61: If your teacher can read your handwriting, so can the examiner. But if no one can read it, it can't be marked. Be careful.
SAM’s Study tips 62: Prioritise - Use the number of marks per question as a guide and MAKE SURE you do any compulsory questions.
SAM’s Study tips 63: Be positive - focus on what you do know rather than what you don't know.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending