4(1 - (sinx)^2 ) + 7sinx - 7

= - 4sinx^2 + 7sinx - 3 = 0

4sinx^2 - 7sinx + 3 = 0

(4sinx - 3) (sinx - 1) = 0

therefore sinx = 3/4 and 1

sin^-1(3/4) = 48.6 and (180 - 48.6)

sin^-1(1) = 90

therefore, x = 48.6, 90 and 131.4

Thanks I realised that i misread -7 for -8 so factorised it wrong! Stupid mistake!
Original post by hannah1994
I stupidly didn't read the pi after the 45 in question 3, but did everything else right. How many marks will i lose? Also if you left the answer as 5/root 29 for 7ai will you lose any marks seeing as it was just a 2 mark question? Also for the 2nd part I got the right answer (apart from minus sign), but again didn't simplify my surd. do you reckon I'll have lost any marks?

Q3 drop 1 mark

7ai fine

7aii drop 1 mark
Original post by saj1994
HI Mr M,

On Q2ii) i got the wrong value for c instead of getting -4 i got -22, i did all the working out correct but i think its a calculation error, how many marks would i get for this?

On Q5aii) I put the sequence repeats itself every 2 terms, would i get a mark for this.

On Q7 I used the SOH CAH TOA rule and the pythagoras rule to get different answers would get any marks for this.

Q2 prob drop 2 marks

Q5 fine

Q7 no marks - it isn't a right angled triangle
Sorry for asking again, but it got buried earlier.
I didn't notice it asking for exact answers for question 7a so I worked them out to 3s.f.

Because I didn't realise that they had to be exact, my working was basically just using arctan etc.
I got all the right answers, but not exactly.

Is it worth any marks? :frown:
Original post by IShouldBeRevising_
Mr M last question please, Do you think this papers was hard relative to the other c2 papers, also what raw mark do you think will be an A, Thanks

about the same as usual in terms of difficulty and i don't guess boundaries
Original post by Mr M
Q3 drop 1 mark

7ai fine

7aii drop 1 mark

Ahh good :smile:
Thankyou for doing another markscheme - very helpful!!!
Original post by Mr M
about the same as usual in terms of difficulty and i don't guess boundaries

Ok thanks :smile:
Original post by Mr M
I don't know what you did so can't say but it doesn't look promising.

I used rules of logs to do it but obviously must have got something wrong somewhere because I ended up getting -1 with lots of decimal places, would using log rules to get that as my answer get me anything?
Original post by sj_1995
If, foolishly, I did (3+2x)^5 - (3-2x)^5 instead of plus, would I get any marks? Im sure i read somewhere in an Old OCR mark scheme there was a mark for correct working put incorrect question copying!

Or am I dreaming....

Other than that really happy with the paper!

That's exactly what I did! Even now I'm determined that the question asked that, I always double check my paper at the end... :/

Mr M was it definitely (3+2x)^5 + (3-2x)^5? It wasn't the first one take away the next?
Original post by J DOT A
Yeah MR M, I used the formula for segment...A=0.5r^2(theta-sintheta) with a value of 15/sqrt pi, would I get 2 method marks out of 3 for using the formula?
It's just that my r value was incorrect.

Also, You said I might loose 2 marks for getting incorrect r value..but wouldn't there be on for method?

Finally, for 7ii I got that answer but postive, I used a triangle and did the acute angle..how many marks would I drop?

Yes for segment

Doesn't look like your method for r was right? If it was, 1 mark

Q7 drop 1 mark
Original post by TehCoolNerd
Sorry for asking again, but it got buried earlier.
I didn't notice it asking for exact answers for question 7a so I worked them out to 3s.f.

Because I didn't realise that they had to be exact, my working was basically just using arctan etc.
I got all the right answers, but not exactly.

Is it worth any marks? :frown:

No I don't think you will get anything there, sorry!
Reply 91
Original post by Nuttyclorox
That's exactly what I did! Even now I'm determined that the question asked that, I always double check my paper at the end... :/

Mr M was it definitely (3+2x)^5 + (3-2x)^5? It wasn't the first one take away the next?

i'm positive it is definitely +, i looked at it carefully... sorry

about both your misfortune and the terrible pun
Original post by propertimbo
I used rules of logs to do it but obviously must have got something wrong somewhere because I ended up getting -1 with lots of decimal places, would using log rules to get that as my answer get me anything?

I don't think you will get anything, 1 mark at most by the sound of it
Here is the question paper from today, scanned: C2 Jun12 (1).jpegC2 Jun12 (2).jpeg
Original post by kenann
i'm positive it is definitely +, i looked at it carefully... sorry

about both your misfortune and the terrible pun

I'm not sure I can let you off for the pun. Hmm
Reply 95
Mr M,

for 9bi) I incorrectly wrote 1 < y < 2 as i thought that r has to be between 0 and 1. Solving logs correctly? Would I obtain any marks whatsoever?

Also for 9bii) I put log to the base 2 of 64, instead of 8. Continuing with the correct method?
Would I obtain any marks for this also. Or does it stop once you go wrong. I always get confused about this?

And for the question 7, I'm also assuming that you would obtain no marks at all for using a decimal?
Original post by tahseen1995
Here is the question paper from today, scanned: C2 Jun12 (1).jpegC2 Jun12 (2).jpeg

Holy **** how did you get that lol
Mr M, for Question 7(a), for part (i) I just did Inverse Tan of 2/5 and then found the cosine of that, and put it down in decimal (correct but not the exact value). Did the same thing for part (ii) but found the obtuse angle of course. So both my answers were in decimal and not exact form. How many marks will I drop for that??? Thanks
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by Kavzaz
Mr M,

for 9bi) I incorrectly wrote 1 < y < 2 as i thought that r has to be between 0 and 1. Solving logs correctly? Would I obtain any marks whatsoever?

Also for 9bii) I put log to the base 2 of 64, instead of 8. Continuing with the correct method?
Would I obtain any marks for this also. Or does it stop once you go wrong. I always get confused about this?

And for the question 7, I'm also assuming that you would obtain no marks at all for using a decimal?

9bi) 1 mark

9bii Not sure what you have done really

7 no marks for using a decimal
Reply 99
Original post by Mr M
Q2 prob drop 2 marks

Q5 fine

Q7 no marks - it isn't a right angled triangle

But for Q7i) i got 5/sqrt(29) which if rationalize the fraction i would have got 5sqrt(29)/29 and for 7ii) i got the answer u got but in positive.

Quick Reply

Latest