The Student Room Group

F581 OCR Economics May 18th

Scroll to see replies

Last question wasn't the best 18 marks I've ever written... but the rest of the paper was very nice indeed.
Reply 181
How did you guys draw the burger king diagram?
Reply 182
Paper was pretty good, but can anyone tell me if you can reach level 3/4 in the last question if you dont state the pros for regulation?
i talked about what the regulation will do and said the cons, and did alternatives etc in level 4 and conclusion but not the pros.. :mad:

cheers guys
Reply 183
Original post by Priti94
How did you guys draw the burger king diagram?

opposite to the mcdonalds one, thats all i can remember from it!
i think ...
Reply 184
Original post by _Saaaam_
Paper was pretty good, but can anyone tell me if you can reach level 3/4 in the last question if you dont state the pros for regulation?
i talked about what the regulation will do and said the cons, and did alternatives etc in level 4 and conclusion but not the pros.. :mad:

cheers guys

The pros tend to be what you say about the theory of how it works cause you're saying how it should reduce the market failure.
Reply 185
Amazing paper.. Easy 6 marks for the opening question, some very basic diagram questions and a brilliant 18 marker. The only one I was a little sceptical about was the YED question.. I got 0 for the USA and 2 for Japan.. Apart from that thought it was awesome!
Reply 186
Did anyone else say that you could use regulation in more than one way?
I said you could ban it completely or just ban fast food with over a certain % of fat in it.
And *******s i just realised i don't think i mentioned penalties at all :s-smilie: I said the law would have to be inforced but not how.
Reply 187
Original post by Clare1994
The pros tend to be what you say about the theory of how it works cause you're saying how it should reduce the market failure.

ah i see, think i did them then..
if i didnt does that restrict my chances of gaining level 3/4?
Reply 188
ah i see, think i did them then..
if i didnt does that restrict my chances of gaining level 3/4?

Possibly but as long as the theory is good i reckon you're fine.
I didn't like the wording of the question I was like do i compare it to other methods or... At the end i came to the conclusion it's not best on it's own
Reply 189
Possibly but as long as the theory is good i reckon you're fine.
I didn't like the wording of the question I was like do i compare it to other methods or... At the end i came to the conclusion it's not best on it's own

god, its one of those questions i either aced, or completely flopped :s-smilie:

we'll see!
yes i agree, i started off thinking not to compare it to other methods but pleased i did in the end :smile:
haha yeh, just squeezed that in at the end - hope the examiner can read it because i was running out of time!
Reply 190
god, its one of those questions i either aced, or completely flopped :s-smilie:

we'll see!
yes i agree, i started off thinking not to compare it to other methods but pleased i did in the end :smile:
haha yeh, just squeezed that in at the end - hope the examiner can read it because i was running out of time!

I just put in a little about tax haha
Reply 191
I just put in a little about tax haha

was that your alternatives?
Reply 192
Did anyone else say that you could use regulation in more than one way?
I said you could ban it completely or just ban fast food with over a certain % of fat in it.
And *******s i just realised i don't think i mentioned penalties at all :s-smilie: I said the law would have to be inforced but not how.

Yeah, I talked about regulation in many ways. The case study talked of regulation in regards to forcing information provision on fast food. I also talked about a limit on selling fast food. As long as you've said how regulation can be successful and unsuccessful in at least ONE way, that's fine.
Really disliked how the last question was worded. Because of the wording I purposely didn't mention any alternatives :frown:
For the 18 marker I talked about the negative externality and how regulation used tax to decrease consumption. I also wrote about information failure and that regulation made them to provide accurate information. Have I messed up on it? I thought I talked too much about tax -_-
Reply 195
Original post by JOR2010
Yeah, I talked about regulation in many ways. The case study talked of regulation in regards to forcing information provision on fast food. I also talked about a limit on selling fast food. As long as you've said how regulation can be successful and unsuccessful in at least ONE way, that's fine.

dam this is why i should read the article haha oh well idk
Reply 196
i didn't talk about information failure :frown:
Reply 197
Original post by Stardust Mirage
For the 18 marker I talked about the negative externality and how regulation used tax to decrease consumption. I also wrote about information failure and that regulation made them to provide accurate information. Have I messed up on it? I thought I talked too much about tax -_-

Possibly i personally didn't do much theory on tax i basically said it could be used and to get rid of the externality it would have to be set where social costs meet private benefit
Reply 198
Original post by nm786
i didn't talk about information failure :frown:

Me neither nor information provision.
Reply 199
i liked the january paper,
it's a shame i didn't do well in it,
looking back at it now, it was bloody easy.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending