The Student Room Group

What's the One Thing they don't tell you to pack...

Scroll to see replies

Even if you have shared bathrooms, bring your own toilet roll. There will be times when the cleaners havent been around for a few days and the flat is running low!
5X Times more cutlery than you ever bring. You soon correlate results to conclude during block parties that the local drunks are more interested in mass manufactured cutlery than some perfectly good bags of monster munch :biggrin:
IMPORTANT FOR ALL GIRLS/A FAIR PROPORTION OF BOYS - A hairdryer!!!
subscribe! read to page 9 xx
Reply 244
Sounds tame compared to other ideas, but why not remember to bring a fairly good selection of your favourite books? Nights when flatmates are out/ill/when you need to queue for ages or go on long journeys, or even just to chill out with when you come home.
University libraries will have good collections, but you can't beat your favourite well loved dog-eared paperbacks.
What things do you need for uni e.g. Pans etc

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
I'd recommend tinned fruit and frozen perishables.
That way, they don't go out of date if you don't fancy eating 5 bananas in 3 days or 200g chicken per week...!
cellotape, scissors and a small sewing kit.
SO useful. I've used mine countless times.
Duct tape, womans wig and ladies underwear... (don't ask) :rofl:
Reply 249
Air freshener.
Drawing Pins
Costumes for dress up parties LOL.
Reply 250
A copy of FIFA. It's essential in any university halls.
Coat hangers. Most uni's don't provide them so be sure to take plenty, unless you like a floordrobe.
Reply 252
Plug adapter for electric shavers and toothbrushes (if you use one). There won't be a standard 2-pin shaver socket in the bathrooms usually, so you'll need an adaptor for a standard UK plug.
Reply 253
Not at uni yet, but duct tape. You will be amazed at how many problems can be fixed/caused with this magnificent adhesive.
what sort of fancy dress do people take? :/
Reply 255
Original post by Sophiemaybabe

I wouldn't say there's much point in taking anything, not really worth it as there's too many themes that could come up. It's easy enough to put something together while you're there.

Just take anything you currently have which could be used, whether that's full fancy dress costumes you have from previous fancy dress parties, your school uniform for school-themed fancy dress or just any accessories you have like bunny ears or devil horns.

When it gets closer to going your university union will probably publish the Freshers' events online and you can check for specific themes for then to buy for if needed, but after that just buy/make as the themes come up.
Reply 257

Go to your nearest primark and by a onesy. Usually they vary which ones they sell depending on the latest student craze.

Failing that, Hi Vis paint is a must
love this thread but could some one direct me to the things they tell you to pack list? i've seen people talk about a freshers list or something but cant find it, thanks for any help!
Original post by FrancescRose
love this thread but could some one direct me to the things they tell you to pack list? i've seen people talk about a freshers list or something but cant find it, thanks for any help!

Here you go http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki/What_To_Take_To_University
hope this is what you were looking for!

Quick Reply

Latest