The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 8400
Wow so excited now guys! Will be seeing the torch on Sunday!!
Original post by Dancerwoman
Is anyone watching BBC 1's THE ONE SHOW? THE OLYMPIC TORCH IS VERY CLOSE TO THE UK SHORES AS I TYPE AND THE PLANE IS DUE TO LAND WITH THE OLYMPIC TORCH ANY MINUTE.

Thanks Dancerwoman had forgotten about The One Show but managed to catch the plane landing and the torch being lit thanks to you!:clap2:
Reply 8402
Yes saw the One Show...felt very emotional ! So very proud that its well and truly here..:proud:
I look forward to perhaps meeting some other 44ers on Sunday. According to my reckoning the following are in the 44 A-D groups:-

44A wickedgrin, emjay1970, phawesy, shadwell lad, bogeyman123456789 and myself

44B flyingpigs (away on Sunday) 20th, mikegirlOH, criddy

44C AlecSp, freddy1979, justingalore, kjt3, ninouka, speedy123 and norfolk n' good

44D tylergardener and supersquelch hubby and
and in one of the groups nicolenglish

That is only 19 out of 1000!!

Is my list correct? Any 44 lurkers out there? Perhaps when we know the set up on Sunday we can establish a meeting point within 1:1 that we can meet up at on 27th?
Reply 8404
Original post by Pinnerite
I look forward to perhaps meeting some other 44ers on Sunday. According to my reckoning the following are in the 44 A-D groups:-

44C AlecSp, freddy1979, justingalore, kjt3, ninouka, speedy123 and norfolk n' good

Is my list correct? Any 44 lurkers out there? Perhaps when we know the set up on Sunday we can establish a meeting point within 1:1 that we can meet up at on 27th?

wow you are a great co-ordinator and so many of you 44's! Only a few of us 41a's on here so cannot imagine. yet, the scale of my group!
woo, it was so exciting watching the flame arrive.

hopefully ready for my audition tomorrow, sat on the sofa icing the knee, stupid TSR curse :frown:
Is my list correct? Any 44 lurkers out there?

I don't think we've had many new 44s since the meet-up so the spreadsheet print out will still be up to date. The understudies are all in other sections so far - Bogeyman might have been afterwards but you've added him in.
Original post by OneAndOnlyEmmaW
woo, it was so exciting watching the flame arrive.

hopefully ready for my audition tomorrow, sat on the sofa icing the knee, stupid TSR curse :frown:

1. Bath in a hot salt water bath (about 4 full palmfuls of salt should do it;

2. followed by either Deep Heat / Ibuleve;

3. followed by surgical sock;

4. rest the knee until bedtime when you can then remove the surgical sock.

I've found that this seems to be working as I'm now on my 3rd day and "almost" walking normally - apart from the odd limp here and there - almost ran until my leg reminded me that it still isn't 100% well yet.

Rest easy and sincerely hope that you're recovered by tomorrow.:smile:
.....plus the swelling's going down nicely.
Oh and don't forget......prior to rehearsal:-

1.Ibuleve / Deep heat again;

2. surgical sock back on; and finally

3. [if need be] painkillers.
Original post by Bignic12
Yes saw the One Show...felt very emotional ! So very proud that its well and truly here..:proud:

Just to think.....those of you in the Opening Ceremony will be following the Torch Relay. Must be extra emotional for you guys because you're time to shine is getting that bit nearer.
Has just received a update prior to our first rehearsal next saturday telling us they have added the Sunday ,
Hmmmm excited but they could have given us more notice
I'm a bit cross as at such short notice I have no one to cover my dance my dance school next week :-(
Reply 8412

I'll be there in a fluoro yellow vest that says Staging Team message me if you want my name which is written on it so you can look out for me :smile: It's our first session with a rehearsal so it will be interesting to see what's going on and what I'll be doing!
Original post by Martelldance
Has just received a update prior to our first rehearsal next saturday telling us they have added the Sunday ,
Hmmmm excited but they could have given us more notice
I'm a bit cross as at such short notice I have no one to cover my dance my dance school next week :-(

Congrats and welcome to the world of ceremony volunteers.

I know the feeling, when I received my updated schedule (prior to my first rehearsal), they sneakily added an additional date in there and kept woh so quiet about it.

There's two upcoming rehearsals that will clash with my classes (two rehearsals in the past also did the same thing) which meant I had to get cover for my classes. £ for them 0 for me of course. Such is the beauty of being self employed :frown: Bit of a pain really but that's part and parcel of this process.

Can't complain really as this is only a small price to pay for being part of this historical event.
1. Bath in a hot salt water bath (about 4 full palmfuls of salt should do it;

2. followed by either Deep Heat / Ibuleve;

3. followed by surgical sock;

4. rest the knee until bedtime when you can then remove the surgical sock.

I've found that this seems to be working as I'm now on my 3rd day and "almost" walking normally - apart from the odd limp here and there - almost ran until my leg reminded me that it still isn't 100% well yet.

Rest easy and sincerely hope that you're recovered by tomorrow.:smile:

thanks Dancerwoman
i have the support on and its been proped up since i got in, went for ice though as i am allergic to deep heat, so got a lovely numb knee instead now :smile:
think painkillers are a go soon as well as it just gave way earlier not cool and has made be so defeatist in my mind

I am glad that you are almost back to normal, fingers crossed by the end of the weekend you will back to normal :biggrin:
Original post by OneAndOnlyEmmaW
thanks Dancerwoman
i have the support on and its been proped up since i got in, went for ice though as i am allergic to deep heat, so got a lovely numb knee instead now :smile:
think painkillers are a go soon as well as it just gave way earlier not cool and has made be so defeatist in my mind

I am glad that you are almost back to normal, fingers crossed by the end of the weekend you will back to normal :biggrin:

Take extra care during rehearsals tomorrow and always have what's best for your knee at the back of your mind. Any moves that seem "iffey", don't do it (if Casting asks, just explain to them your injury). You really don't want to risk doing any further damage to your injury. During the times you're not rehearsing, try and rest your knee by putting it up.

Blimey, I'm beginning to sound like a GP :tongue:
Congrats and welcome to the world of ceremony volunteers.

I know the feeling, when I received my updated schedule (prior to my first rehearsal), they sneakily added an additional date in there and kept woh so quiet about it.

There's two upcoming rehearsals that will clash with my classes (two rehearsals in the past also did the same thing) which meant I had to get cover for my classes. £ for them 0 for me of course. Such is the beauty of being self employed :frown: Bit of a pain really but that's part and parcel of this process.

Can't complain really as this is only a small price to pay for being part of this historical event.

I totally agree
Just wish they could have given more notice , it's a pain as I'm gona have to cancel dancing which means £
Oh well that's my moan for the night lol
Sorry everyone xxx
Original post by commonliner
Aye, Ma'am, audition booked for the 27th (drumming & production). I can do the Paralympics only, but they were fine with it.

galactica2009, I asked about the format, and the production/staging 'audition' seems to be a simple (or not so simple) interview. You should stand a good chance with your experience.

As for the drumming, they explicitly said it's all levels. "If you can shake a rattle, you'll be fine."

Fingers crossed for all Rio auditionees (and of course all Olympic/Paralympic reserves, understudies & not-heards)!

Cool. I have ticked drumming and Samba. On the telephone they asked me to come down for production and possibly drumming audition. But in the email i just received an audition for production. Anyway:smile: i will go for drumming too if they can allocate time for me.

As i am filming this weekend, Rio handover were happy to reschedule my audition to sunday 27th. So i shall be joining with you:smile:.
I am very excited that torch is here. Wohoooo!
Original post by galactica2009
I am very excited that torch is here. Wohoooo!

There's no turning back now :smile:

Latest