The Student Room Group

Is it really necessary?

Okay, i'm in year 10, currently doing 7 GCSEs and have made up my mind, some time ago that i'd like to study economics... to go down a CEO/COO path,

BUT i am not very good at maths, however many teachers (especially my maths teacher) has told me that i would do well in economics Alevel and maybe as a career which is reassuring.. i am predicted a high B in GCSE and i do not think i will take maths at Alevels, but reading the economics applicants threads, all they seem to worry/talk about is failing MATHS! and now it has dawned on me that i might need or have to take it.

its not that i don't like maths (i Love it) its just that i'm not the best at it. and i don't want to struggle and Fail in alevels.. what should i do? any advice?
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 1
Original post by jennifer.tariah
Okay, i'm in year 10, currently doing 7 GCSEs and have made up my mind, some time ago that i'd like to study economics... to go down a CEO/COO path,

BUT i am not very good at maths, however many teachers (especially my maths teacher) has told me that i would do well in economics Alevel and maybe as a career which is reassuring.. i am predicted a high B in GCSE and i do not think i will take maths at Alevels, but reading the economics applicants threads, all they seem to worry/talk about is failing MATHS! and now it has dawned on me that i might need or have to take it.

its not that i don't like maths (i Love it) its just that i'm not the best at it. and i don't want to struggle and Fail in alevels.. what should i do? any advice?

What is the CEO path out of interest? Economics at a top university needs maths and involves a lot of Maths, if you are not good at Maths you might need to reconsider (if you are only interested in top universities). Also, you are better off taking further something which is respectable and that you are good at, instead of assuming an economics degree is going to somehow make you a CEO...

Quick Reply

Latest