The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by bethy1995
Hello guys. I had my second interview today and the lady said I'd be contacted in the next 48 hours. However, my email isn't working so I rang to give an additional email but the whole conversation was very misunderstood. Now I'm worrying that they won't be able to contact me as so far the whole process has been by email. What should I do?

If you have not received an email within 48 hours then I would call the restaurant that you applied to and ask them and just explain there has been a misunderstanding.
Third shift later at 2, feel sick to be honest, just dreading it. Aghh, wish any other place got back to me besides Mcdonalds but going to do the next couple of shifts and see if it gets better before making any decisions.
Reply 6342
Anyone doing the Whole Hog on Sunday?

Anybody had any previous experience on what it's like and what to expect?
Can my new restaurant add me to the HRAT database even though I have an existing ourlounge account that was used for my old restaurant?
Just wondering, because I had my orientation today and I keep getting this:

If you are unable to access McTime, Learning, Employee discounts, the Orientation or Fantasy Football pages please follow these steps below.
Please ensure you are in the HRaT database and if you have moved restaurant, please ask the restaurant you have moved from to remove you from the system.

I don't want to call my old restaurant in case it messes something up and I have to wait longer, I'd rather just leave it and see what happens. But if anyone has any information on this I would really appreciate your input.

Thanks.
Reply 6344
Original post by LeeStrong
Can my new restaurant add me to the HRAT database even though I have an existing ourlounge account that was used for my old restaurant?
Just wondering, because I had my orientation today and I keep getting this:

I don't want to call my old restaurant in case it messes something up and I have to wait longer, I'd rather just leave it and see what happens. But if anyone has any information on this I would really appreciate your input.

Thanks.

There shouldn't be any problems with it. People transfer stores a lot (people will have a different store at home and at uni for example), and while I'm not sure exactly what the procedures are, using the same account shouldn't be an issue as it's just an email being matched up to a name. Best thing is to phone up your old store and get them to remove you from their system, and make sure you've been put on the system in your new store.
Reply 6345
Hi again guys (and girls!) ,

So i had my interview on Thursday and today i got an email telling me that i've been put through to the next stage.

I've now booked my OJE , what should i expect?

Thanks in advance :smile:)
Reply 6346
Original post by Ronda
There shouldn't be any problems with it. People transfer stores a lot (people will have a different store at home and at uni for example), and while I'm not sure exactly what the procedures are, using the same account shouldn't be an issue as it's just an email being matched up to a name. Best thing is to phone up your old store and get them to remove you from their system, and make sure you've been put on the system in your new store.

Another way of doing it is having two ourlounge accounts (different emails), I have one for my home store and one for my uni store. Keeps everything simple and means there's no problems.
Reply 6347
Original post by tm00131
Another way of doing it is having two ourlounge accounts (different emails), I have one for my home store and one for my uni store. Keeps everything simple and means there's no problems.

I guess that could work too! You'd just need to make sure you log on to both regularly to stop one getting deactivated. A girl from my store gets McTime messages from both our store and the home store, and often there's no indicators of who it's from unless someone leaves their name in the message :p:
And on the topic of ourlounge, is it just refusing to work for anyone else? Or just me? I know it was down for maintenance on Thursday, but ever since it's not loading, and I've tried different browsers too.
Hi guys, I have an interview tomorrow and I just need a little help on a silly question I am a bit confused about :P

I am still in year 11 at school but I am officially of school leaving age on the last Friday of June which is the 29th of June I believe.
I just wanted to make sure that they employ people before you leave school but you can't work until you've left right?

I just don't want to go there and look like an idiot :smile:
Reply 6349
Original post by Hero-H
Hi again guys (and girls!) ,

So i had my interview on Thursday and today i got an email telling me that i've been put through to the next stage.

I've now booked my OJE , what should i expect?

Thanks in advance :smile:)

I had my interview and OJE all in one go, but basically, for mine, they put me on drive thru making the drinks, they tell you how to do it and they don't expect you to be perfect at all. Then, I gave the customer their order through the window. The best you can do is to always smile to the customer and to be polite. The interviewer will be there with you and may ask you some extra questions, for example, mine asked "If you were giving someone a hot drink what else might you say?" I said to ask if they want any sugar or milk. They don't ask anything mind boggling. All in all, I would say the OJE lasted for about 15-20 minutes.

Hope this helps
Reply 6350
Original post by chlodobaggins
Hi guys, I have an interview tomorrow and I just need a little help on a silly question I am a bit confused about :P

I am still in year 11 at school but I am officially of school leaving age on the last Friday of June which is the 29th of June I believe.
I just wanted to make sure that they employ people before you leave school but you can't work until you've left right?

I'm sure that as long as you're 16 and have your National Insurance card then its fine?
Original post by babit
I'm sure that as long as you're 16 and have your National Insurance card then its fine?

I hope so, it said on the website that you can apply 3 months before leaving school so I'm guessing I'm just worrying over nothing :smile:
Reply 6352
I hope so, it said on the website that you can apply 3 months before leaving school so I'm guessing I'm just worrying over nothing :smile:

It should be fine then :smile:
Original post by LittleMissTwinkle
Hi, well i've been called in for a McDonalds Orientation tommorrow, i was just wondering what to expect? how long will it last roughly? & what do i need to take with me..?

i wondering how much i will get paid roughly at 15 years old? :smile:

also please share your experiences at McDonalds!:smile:!

:tsr2:

Oreo Farley loves Mickey Ds/

Will you make me a choc shake? I sure hope so.
Reply 6354

Hi there :smile: i faced the same issue a few days ago.

It's fine :smile: My interviewer told me i couldn't start until the 1st July and if i were to get through the OJE stage i couldn't have my welcome meeting until that date. Apart from that there shouldn't be an issue :biggrin:

I took my Passport and my NI number and it was fine!
Reply 6355
Original post by babit
I had my interview and OJE all in one go, but basically, for mine, they put me on drive thru making the drinks, they tell you how to do it and they don't expect you to be perfect at all. Then, I gave the customer their order through the window. The best you can do is to always smile to the customer and to be polite. The interviewer will be there with you and may ask you some extra questions, for example, mine asked "If you were giving someone a hot drink what else might you say?" I said to ask if they want any sugar or milk. They don't ask anything mind boggling. All in all, I would say the OJE lasted for about 15-20 minutes.

Hope this helps

Thank you very much this doesn't sound too difficult! i hope it goes well for me tomorrow as a job would make my summer brilliant haha!

Did you end up getting the job after your OJE?

Original post by Hero-H
Hi there :smile: i faced the same issue a few days ago.

It's fine :smile: My interviewer told me i couldn't start until the 1st July and if i were to get through the OJE stage i couldn't have my welcome meeting until that date. Apart from that there shouldn't be an issue :biggrin:

I took my Passport and my NI number and it was fine!

thank you so much, it's good to know from someone who is in the same boat as me :smile:
Reply 6357
Original post by Hero-H
Thank you very much this doesn't sound too difficult! i hope it goes well for me tomorrow as a job would make my summer brilliant haha!

Did you end up getting the job after your OJE?

I did and now have been working there for about4/5 months and good luck tomorrow, you'll be fine :smile:
Reply 6358
Original post by Ronda
I guess that could work too! You'd just need to make sure you log on to both regularly to stop one getting deactivated. A girl from my store gets McTime messages from both our store and the home store, and often there's no indicators of who it's from unless someone leaves their name in the message :p:
And on the topic of ourlounge, is it just refusing to work for anyone else? Or just me? I know it was down for maintenance on Thursday, but ever since it's not loading, and I've tried different browsers too.

It's a pain when you get McTimes like that, I've had to phone up once and ask if it is them or the other. It's quite good being able to get on my home stores McTime as I know when to phone up if I need to speak to the schedule manager about when I'm back or I can see when a couple of my friends are not working if I'm down for a weekend.

Ourlounge has been okay for my 99% of the time, it's McTime which has really been annoying me. For the past week it's be constantly not loading at all or loading but with errors so you can't use it. It's a good system but really has some performance issues! I don't understand why Ourlounge is down for maintenance every other week too!
Reply 6359
thank you so much, it's good to know from someone who is in the same boat as me :smile:

No problem :smile: , good luck tomorrow!

Latest