The Student Room Group
Graduation day, University of Glasgow
University of Glasgow
Visit website

University of Glasgow blether thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 5200
Original post by 0404343m
16? Is it four per semester now? When did that happen? I've been so focussed on pre-honours teaching and PhD work that I haven't been paying attention to honours structure. Last time I checked it was three 20 credit modules in each term, so you picked six per term in order of preference and they allocated you in. Senior honours was another one course, special subject, and 15,000 word dissertation.

It's still only three per semester - we have to pick eight per semester though in order of preference. So I have to choose 16, but I'll only do 6 of them.
And then senior hours is still the same. My dissertation deadline is Valentine's Day 2014.
Graduation day, University of Glasgow
University of Glasgow
Visit website
Can anyone tell me how busy the gym is these days? Do you still have to queue to use a machine? I have never experienced that at any of the gyms I've been to.

I will be staying in Glasgow over the summer so hopefully it'll be dead.
Original post by ArcadiaHouse
Can anyone tell me how busy the gym is these days? Do you still have to queue to use a machine? I have never experienced that at any of the gyms I've been to.

I went on Thursday at 1.30 and it was pretty dead. That might have just been a lucky day though, as that's the only time I've been since before the holidays...

Which of the rooms in the gym do you go to?
Original post by greeneyedgirl
Which of the rooms in the gym do you go to?

The cardio suite (?) and the weights room on level 4 or something. Not the very top one. I go there if the others are mobbed.
Original post by Spider Pig
I went on Thursday at 1.30 and it was pretty dead. That might have just been a lucky day though, as that's the only time I've been since before the holidays...

This pleases me. :colone:
The cardio suite (?) and the weights room on level 4 or something. Not the very top one. I go there if the others are mobbed.

Snap :yep: I don't know where the top one is :colondollar:
Snap :yep: I don't know where the top one is :colondollar:

Unless it's moved... at the top (of the stairs) :tongue: Last year it was the good one, with the tvs that worked (some of the time) on the machines!

On a separate but related note: I've been away this year and recently heard some rumours of a Zumba scandal at the gym, anyone got the goss? Will be most upset if I come back in September to a lack of mock-Brazilian hip-swaying...
Original post by sparklysparkles
Unless it's moved... at the top (of the stairs) :tongue: Last year it was the good one, with the tvs that worked (some of the time) on the machines!

On a separate but related note: I've been away this year and recently heard some rumours of a Zumba scandal at the gym, anyone got the goss? Will be most upset if I come back in September to a lack of mock-Brazilian hip-swaying...

Haven't heard of any zumba scandals apart from when you had to queue up for classes for ages.
Original post by sparklysparkles

Apparently some guys from the top bit of the gym kept filming girls in Zumba classes on their mobile phones. The guy who runs Zumba kept stopping the class and going to complain about them downstairs. I was never at classes where that happened though. Now it looks as if Sandy Zumba has quit for good :cry2: He had a Farewell Zumba but I didn't go to it as I had an exam.

I think there must be more to it than that though because I'd imagine it'd take more than some idiots and their mobile phones to stop him doing all those full classes week after week :s-smilie:
Haven't heard of any zumba scandals apart from when you had to queue up for classes for ages.

Pfft, queue up? It was practically impossible to get in :frown: Some people would queue for up to 30 mins before it started and then couldn't get in as people would skip the queue and the class would be full.
How busy is the library these days? My exams were over over two weeks ago and I need to go in to print some CVs, but I won't bother until after Friday if it's still hoaching.
How busy is the library these days? My exams were over over two weeks ago and I need to go in to print some CVs, but I won't bother until after Friday if it's still hoaching.

Empty. Exams finish on the 18th. Also the story I heard was that the Zumba dude went and punched one of the guys, but that could be made up.
Original post by Norton1
Empty. Exams finish on the 18th. Also the story I heard was that the Zumba dude went and punched one of the guys, but that could be made up.

1) Yay!

2) Yikes :eek3:
Firmed my offer for MA History and Politics. Excited :biggrin:
Lease on new flat signed, crap packed up.... Spider Pig out. MY DEGREE IS HALF OVER. WHAT THE HELL.
greeneyedgirl
x

You know how I told you something bad happens every time I wear my green dress?

I wore it tonight in Firewater and my hair caught fire :nothing:

You dick :colonhash:

Apparently only one guy saw me slapping my head going 'My hair is on fire, MY HAIR IS ON FIRE'

Now I'm hungover and smell like burnt toast :cry2:
You know how I told you something bad happens every time I wear my green dress?

I wore it tonight in Firewater and my hair caught fire :nothing:

Oh no! That is not good.
Oh no! That is not good.

Hairspray + naked flame ... yeah :colonhash:

(I wasn't actually spraying it though, I'm not that retarded ... yet)

Quick Reply

Latest