The Student Room Group
Graduation garden party, Queen's University Belfast
Queen's University Belfast

Experiences/opinions on basic or ensuite accomodation?

Just trying to decide which i want at elms at QUB, i mean its £16 difference but that's essentially the difference between me being sick in a bucket or a toilet when i'm hungover. Difficult choice eh.

But yeah, what's everyones experiences?
Reply 1
The ensuite buildings are generally nicer than the basic ones, not only do you get a bathroom, but the bedrooms are a good bit bigger as well. The only thing is, the bathrooms aren't that amazing. They're like an airplane toilet. with a shower.
I was in basic, and it was fine. Sharing 2toilets and 2 showers between 11 people did sound a bit scary to start off with but it was fine. At least this year you can choose to be with all girls, might be a bit cleaner. LOL
Graduation garden party, Queen's University Belfast
Queen's University Belfast
Reply 2
Ensuites are usually in newer/nicer buildings...from what I remember the most important thing is to make sure your shower curtain is INSIDE the shower or the whole room will flood and good luck shaving your legs if you're a girl because my shower was teeeeeny :biggrin:
Reply 3
sorry for the late reply but I would advise you if you have applied to change to standard instead of ensuite. Firstly because the difference is 600 quid a year which is a lot of money for a student and all your getting for that is basically a toilet and shower 2 metres away from you instead of 5 lol. Last year I was in your position and couldn't decide but i'm glad I chose standard. You never have to que for a shower and toilet really as there is 3 of each between 12 people and everyone gets up at different times etc

As for ensuites being in better buildings, none of the buildings in elms are bad, i lived in the oldest which was only built 20 years ago and it was fine.

Good luck

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending