The Student Room Group

What are the Easiest and least respected A levels?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by balletlover
I'm not elitist in the slightest, but if I compare my physics work to my friend's travel and tourism work, it doesn't even come close...

I remember looking at a travel and tourism past paper with one of my friends who studied it. Sure one of the questions featured a photo of a hotel and asked 'Name two things that this hotel has to attract customers?' (6 marks) and 'What is an internal flight?'
Reply 41
I think it depends what course you want to do at uni. If for example you want to go in to something like software engineering then ICT would be a respected subject.
Original post by Gawjuz.x
I think it depends what course you want to do at uni. If for example you want to go in to something like software engineering then ICT would be a respected subject.

I highly doubt that
Original post by Triq6
English Literature is not respected at A-levels!?

Blasphemy! Thou hath cleft my heart in twain :frown:

Errr no one said that. Of course it is.
Original post by Triq6
English Literature is not respected at A-levels!?

Blasphemy! Thou hath cleft my heart in twain :frown:

Literature is respected, but English language at A level isn't.
Original post by balletlover
I'm not elitist in the slightest, but if I compare my physics work to my friend's travel and tourism work, it doesn't even come close...

I do physics too, and I do much less work outside of lessons than people doing subjects like media studies, just sayin'.
Original post by ThatPerson
erm...Travel & Tourism, General Studies, Photography, Critical Thinking, etc

Photography is not easy mate, trust me. I agree with all your others though
Reply 47
Semen Inspecting, Urine Gargling, PE Teacher Testicle Bowling and Macedonian Studies.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 48
OCR ICT maybe easy but the coursework is a pain. For example, you believe you completed everything the coursework asks you for BUT in the mark scheme they make something up just to make you lose a mark...or maybe several...

It's like telling a cleaner "oh you missed a spot" with a big grin in your face

besides that yeah its easy as long as you have a logical mind.
Reply 49
I did a Critical Thinking AS (not out of choice) and got a B in it. It may be one of the least respected but it isnt really one of the easiest, especially with the really inconsistent marking.
Reply 50
Not sure about easiest (since I don't start sixth form until September) but the some which are not respected are:

Media Studies
Business Studies
Travel & Tourism
World Development
Whats easy/hard varies from person to person.

I know that any BTECs aren't respected by unis and subjects on top unis blacklists include; media, film studies + anything with studies in the name, sociology, travel & tourism, communication & culture, health & social . . .
Reply 52
Here's a full list of the least respected A-Levels:

Archaeology (Arch & Anth)
Art & Design (Arts)
Business Studies (Economics)
Computing (Computer Science)
Design & Technology (Architecture)
Drama/Theatre Studies (Arts)
Electronics (Engineering)
English Language (Arts)
Film Studies (Arts)
Government & Politics (Arts)
Law (Land Economy & Law)
Media Studies (Arts)
Psychology (Arts)
Sociology (Arts)
Accounting
Applied Science
Citizenship
Communication Studies
Critical Thinking
Dance
Environmental Science
General Studies
Health & Social Care
Home Economics
ICT
Leisure Studies
Music Technology
Performance Studies
Performing Arts
Perspectives on Science
Photography
Physical Education
Science
Science for Public Understanding
Sports Studies
Travel & Tourism
World Development
Reply 53
OP you were better of asking which subjects are respected as opposed to 'respected and easiest'. Now you've got a bunch of subjective answers about the difficulty of many subjects by people who have never even taken them...
and the least respected subjects have been listed by several people on here, but you're better of going to a website of a good uni and having a look yourself :biggrin:
Reply 54
Original post by Oh my Ms. Coffey
Because they end in ology.

So biology is easy?
Reply 55
Original post by lukas1051
I do physics too, and I do much less work outside of lessons than people doing subjects like media studies, just sayin'.

So did I at AS, wasted nearly a week on revising it alone, and I only managed to scrape a C :frown: but I hear the films for media study coursework take a fairly long time to make too, i'm sure the theory of media studies is more quicker and easier to grasp than say physics :wink:
Reply 56
There's a blacklist on the LSE website which is pretty useful

I've never heard of Politics not being respectable before though. LSE and Cambridge both recommend it for politics related courses. Well, they both say it's useful anyway so I'm fairly sure other universities also regard it as respectable. If you were doing 3 sciences and a random essay based fourth history or English might be preferable but I wouldn't go as far as to say that politics wasn't respected.
Original post by Tahooper
Here's a full list of the least respected A-Levels:

Computing (Computer Science)

I thought it was respected?
*Dance
*Communication Studies
*Business Studies
*Public toilet management
*Film studies
*Leisure and Tourism studies
*Media studies
*Sexology