The Student Room Group

Victoria Secret 2012 - Westfield / Bond Street

Hii,
Does anyone have an upcoming interview or have been for a group interview with Victoria Secret for the new stores in Westfield Stratford and Bond Street?

I have an interview with them on the 17th May and what to know more about it.

What kind of questions did they ask?
Do you find out whether you got the job on the spot?

Scroll to see replies

Hi, how did you apply for Victoria's Secret? Also, i heard there is a phone interview, is this true? :s-smilie: Thanks :smile: Ooh and Good Luck!
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous 16
Hi, how did you apply for Victoria's Secret? Also, i heard there is a phone interview, is this true? :s-smilie: Thanks :smile: Ooh and Good Luck!

Hey, I applied on vsjobs.co.uk and yeah, I got a phone call they asked me 4/5 questions then put me though to the group interview.

Thanks for the good luck
Original post by MaddiieJAYY
Hey, I applied on vsjobs.co.uk and yeah, I got a phone call they asked me 4/5 questions then put me though to the group interview.

Thanks for the good luck

Thanks, sorry i couldn't help :smile:
Reply 4
Oooh can you tell me how your interview went? I just had a phone call and got a group interview on wednesday :smile:
Reply 5
Anybody?
Reply 6
ooo! you guys! I got a phone call today and group interview next thursday! thing is won't be around in july and august cus i have to be home.:frown:

hopefully they'll still let me interview. *fingers crossed*
Reply 7
I don't live in London and I've never worked in Victoria's Secret - but I've some friends who did while living in the US, and I work in retail myself, it's quite obvious what kind of staff they're looking for. they'll probably be pushing american style customer service, so be all about that, you'll have to be good at selling without seeming like it, very bubbly and energetic and enthusiastic.
Has anyone been to the interviews... what was it like? and is it hard to get a job there?

I wanna work there soo badly.. what day does it open on bond street??

Any help is appreciated :smile: thanks guys
Reply 9
Original post by Jessticles
I don't live in London and I've never worked in Victoria's Secret - but I've some friends who did while living in the US, and I work in retail myself, it's quite obvious what kind of staff they're looking for. they'll probably be pushing american style customer service, so be all about that, you'll have to be good at selling without seeming like it, very bubbly and energetic and enthusiastic.

American Style Customer Service?
American Style Customer Service?

Have you ever been to the US? (Serious question). If you have and you're out shopping, there's a very different attitude they have when it comes to shopping, and I've seen it across several states and all kinds of stores.

Straight away the sales associates come over to you, ask you if you need anything, generally compliment what you're buying, suggest other additions. Essentially, they're trying to make you come off as helpful as possible to the consumer, while selling as much as you can for the company. No matter what happens, it's all about the customer. The shop can visually be quite messy, but you still have to greet people when they come in and be very smiley, and just overall very "american", if you'll forgive me using that as a stereotype.

Generally speaking in Britain and Europe, they'll wait until you approach them for help, they won't be as pushy or as bubbly or enthusiastic. Working in Victorias Secret, I'd imagine it would be expected of you to say things like: "Wow, that's a great bra you picked. One of the girls tried it on the other day and it's a really great fit! Would you like me to get you the matching briefs? We have two different styles and they're actually on promotion for 5 pairs for £20 at the minute!" (all of that pushed in between 'normal' conversation with the customer, directions to the fitting room/cash desk, etc, see how great I am at impromptu selling, hahaha!)

Just so you know I'm not totally sprouting a load of crap - I work in a store that ALSO pushes 'American style' customer service, as they call it. It's usually the likes of big American companies that are only breaking into Europe now, think Forever 21, Abercrombie and Fitch, Victoria's Secret, Hollister,.... if you've never been to a place like that, the closest I can think of it is how they act at some make up counters like MAC. I hope this helps some of you guys because trust me, it's what they'll be expecting and looking for when they're hiring staff. :smile:
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 11
Original post by Jessticles
Have you ever been to the US? (Serious question). If you have and you're out shopping, there's a very different attitude they have when it comes to shopping, and I've seen it across several states and all kinds of stores.

Straight away the sales associates come over to you, ask you if you need anything, generally compliment what you're buying, suggest other additions. Essentially, they're trying to make you come off as helpful as possible to the consumer, while selling as much as you can for the company. No matter what happens, it's all about the customer. The shop can visually be quite messy, but you still have to greet people when they come in and be very smiley, and just overall very "american", if you'll forgive me using that as a stereotype.

Generally speaking in Britain and Europe, they'll wait until you approach them for help, they won't be as pushy or as bubbly or enthusiastic. Working in Victorias Secret, I'd imagine it would be expected of you to say things like: "Wow, that's a great bra you picked. One of the girls tried it on the other day and it's a really great fit! Would you like me to get you the matching briefs? We have two different styles and they're actually on promotion for 5 pairs for £20 at the minute!" (all of that pushed in between 'normal' conversation with the customer, directions to the fitting room/cash desk, etc, see how great I am at impromptu selling, hahaha!)

Just so you know I'm not totally sprouting a load of crap - I work in a store that ALSO pushes 'American style' customer service, as they call it. It's usually the likes of big American companies that are only breaking into Europe now, think Forever 21, Abercrombie and Fitch, Victoria's Secret, Hollister,.... if you've never been to a place like that, the closest I can think of it is how they act at some make up counters like MAC. I hope this helps some of you guys because trust me, it's what they'll be expecting and looking for when they're hiring staff. :smile:

Thank you sooo much
& i've never been to America would love to go some day.
I'll try to live up to their expectations.

Do they go for a certain look? Like dark hair, tanned, really attractive?
Do they go for a certain look? Like dark hair, tanned, really attractive?

I'm aware that some companies are getting a reputation for hiring really attractive people, and obviously everyone knows that Hollister/Abercrombie hire 'models' so they can specifically hire based on looks. Now, as far as I know, Victorias Secret do not do that. I could be wrong.

That said, I think for ANY interview it's important to look groomed and if you're working in retail, you should really make an effort. It strikes me as more of an 'all american look' as opposed to something more edgy/grungey/trend conscious. Don't put on badly applied fake tan, it's better to go pale than to do that, put on make up but make sure it's applied perfectly and preferably as natural a look as possible (stick to foundation, powder, blush, mascara and lip gloss if possible, that's my suggestion), and have 'natural' hair, nothing too sleek or groomed. For a retail interview, I would always go in something reasonably fashionable but not trend-slave. Ballet pumps, skinny jeans, and a cardigan is more than enough for an interview like this. Bring your personality across with accessories and jewelry.

Otherwise what will really strike them more is your energy and mood. Try to be as extroverted and smiley as possible, that's what they notice, because it's not all about your looks, but whether your personality is likely to fit in well with the company brand and culture.
Also as with any interview, research the company really thoroughly. Especially with them only coming to the UK, they'll want staff who are really familiar with the branding and what the shop SHOULD be like - the managers are doing a job too and no doubt have their higher ups breathing down their neck about keeping the standard high. And inevitably there will sooner or later be some question about your knowledge of VS.

You should know all about the company, all about the different brands, such as PINK, if you can slip little things into your interview like "if I can help someone find their perfect pair of yoga pants that they'll live in for as long as I have...", or mention things like the VS fashion show...

This should also help. Reading any companies 'careers' pages gives you massive hints about what kind of things they want to hear in interviews. http://www.victoriassecret.com/CustomerService/Company/Careers
let me know how your interviews go today. good luck :smile:
Reply 15
Oh my gosh, i cant wait for my interview, im obsessed with VS, and been keeping track of their opening over a year! Definitely have the North american girl vibe in me since im canadian asian and a cheerleader:biggrin: Thanks for the tips guys! Hope your interview goes well!
How was interviews... any help appreciated.. :smile:
Reply 17
So how did the interview go? surprisingly it was really quick min 1 hour. They took down our names then we got spilt into four groups each group where taken into a room played a little icebreaker game - like your name, your previous job, hobbies & why you applied for VS, then they asked us questions:

(In no order)

- What's the difference between selling to a customer and service?
- What did you enjoy about working in your old job?
- What didn't you like about your old job?
- Where and when was the last place you received great customer service?
- What would you do when faced with a difficult customer walks in?

about 7 question but I can't remember the rest, so sorry.

Hope this helped someone.
Reply 18
Original post by meowcat00
Oh my gosh, i cant wait for my interview, im obsessed with VS, and been keeping track of their opening over a year! Definitely have the North american girl vibe in me since im canadian asian and a cheerleader:biggrin: Thanks for the tips guys! Hope your interview goes well!

See you there :tongue:
Thanks for the info.. were there many people? :smile:

Did they tell you what date the store opens? I cant wait to shop there..

Quick Reply

Latest