The Student Room Group

What does "we do not accept resits" specifically mean?

Does it mean we don't not accept people resitting year 12 in year 13 for example taking 3 years to do there a levels rather then 2, or does it mean we do not accept people resiting units from year 12 in year 13 even if they still do there a levels in 2 years and only resit a unit from A subject ?
Original post by 6salhaba
Does it mean we don't not accept people resitting year 12 in year 13 for example taking 3 years to do there a levels rather then 2, or does it mean we do not accept people resiting units from year 12 in year 13 even if they still do there a levels in 2 years and only resit a unit from A subject ?

What's the exact phrasing? Just email the uni if you want to know for certain.
Reply 2
Original post by 6salhaba

It probably means exactly what it says... NO resits.
It depends on the uni/course.
Reply 4
Dont look for loop-holes which dont exist.
Reply 5
Accept resits, we do not.
Reply 6
It usually means resitting a whole year in education, say you failed year 12 completely and then had to resit everything again and then spent another year for year 13.

Most universities accept AS module resits during year 13

I'm not sure about gap year resits however most seem to be fine. Let me know what university and course you mean and then I might be able to let you know
Reply 7
Resitting is retaking the exam (which has to go on UCAS).

Retaking is retaking the whole course.

Go figure.
Which university is this? Never heard of such a condition before.
Reply 9
I always wondered how far this went. I retook two modules during my A levels as a security even though I got all As at AS - in fact, for one of the resits I'd got 78% in the original exam, but I thought I could do a lot better so I fancied retaking even though I'd got a high A in the subject overall due to a few 100% modules. Wondered if this would be an issue at some point, but it never came up.
The answer is that such conditions vary in meaning between university departments. Some don't like candidates to spend a third year bringing poor results up to scratch while others (Imperial, famously, for maths-related courses) have asked candidates to get an A grade in every module first time.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending