The Student Room Group
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

King's College London 2012 Applicants

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1480
Original post by mimsicle
Hey I've firmed King's for Pharmacy too! What makes you like the UK over Turkey? :smile:

A more global degree probs. Have you applied for LSOP as well? I cannot decide between king's and LSOP ! aghh!
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
Reply 1481
Anyone for MSc Advanced Computing ?
Original post by aylin
A more global degree probs. Have you applied for LSOP as well? I cannot decide between king's and LSOP ! aghh!

Oh right I see. Yeah I received an offer from LSOP too but I went for King's for several reasons :smile: I was exactly like you, never been so 50/50 on a decision like this! But I think what made me pick King's over LSOP was the way they taught the course; the two unis are so similar in all other areas so I think that just pushed me in the King's direction, and I don't regret it :biggrin:
Reply 1483
Original post by mimsicle
Oh right I see. Yeah I received an offer from LSOP too but I went for King's for several reasons :smile: I was exactly like you, never been so 50/50 on a decision like this! But I think what made me pick King's over LSOP was the way they taught the course; the two unis are so similar in all other areas so I think that just pushed me in the King's direction, and I don't regret it :biggrin:

I think I like the fact that King's pharmacy school is in the main campus and that it's not a separate building like LSOP cos I don't want to end up like an antisocial freak isolated from all the people.:biggrin: I don't have an idea about the level teaching, both schools seems pretty amazing in terms of education . I heard that LSOP is at a better location though. Have you applied for accommodation? btw facebook page of the 2012 applicants doesn't seem that much of a crowd of pharmacists . :biggrin:
So excited for you Freshers coming in September! :awesome:

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Original post by aylin
I think I like the fact that King's pharmacy school is in the main campus and that it's not a separate building like LSOP cos I don't want to end up like an antisocial freak isolated from all the people.:biggrin: I don't have an idea about the level teaching, both schools seems pretty amazing in terms of education . I heard that LSOP is at a better location though. Have you applied for accommodation? btw facebook page of the 2012 applicants doesn't seem that much of a crowd of pharmacists . :biggrin:

Oh no haha I meant literally how the course is taught; King's does it by the systems of the body so you learn say about the cardiovascular system and how it works, then how and why it wouldn't work and what diseases affect that and then which drugs work on the system.. if you understand that :biggrin: At least that's the impression I got from the open day and the website. LSoP (I'm under the impression) doesn't have that sort of structure and I think personally I'd learn better with the way King's teaches.

Oh before I forget here's a thread I made a couple of months ago when I couldn't decide http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1929782 a first year at King's gave me quite a lot of information that helped. So I hope it helps you :smile:

Ahh I live like a half an hour train journey away from King's so accommodation would be pointless for me! And well I might have to join that group :biggrin:
Reply 1486
Hey , anyone for MSc Robotics (2012-13) at KCL join this group : https://www.facebook.com/groups/376102492440838/
Firmed for Computer Science
Anyone studying business management? If you are, please feel free to ask me any questions - I'm a current Business Management BSc student
Original post by jack.tang
Anyone studying business management? If you are, please feel free to ask me any questions - I'm a current Business Management BSc student

Hi there, I was wondering if you would be able to provide a rough timetable for the first year of "Business Management"? Also does King's provide any opportunities to get an internship at a company over the summer?
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 1490
Original post by stellz
Haha really! What subjects are you doing? I'm hoping KCL aren't too strict about missing one grade..

Im doing Geography Biology Chemistry... know I'll get an A in Geography, I should get an A in Biology too, but Chemistry on the other hand is tricky; choosing it for A2 was a big big mistake and I can only just about get a C haha.

What about you?
Original post by jack.tang

I'm doing computer science with business management which involves economics and another module - organisational something? I just wanted to know the text books you use so I could study! Thanks! Xxx
Reply 1492
Original post by xxgingergirl1993xx
I'm doing computer science with business management which involves economics and another module - organisational something? I just wanted to know the text books you use so I could study! Thanks! Xxx

im doing the same course as you!well if i get my grades..
Reply 1493
Anyone doing Chemistry with Biomedicine?
Reply 1494
I have applied for Msc Accounting, Accountability and Financial Management...If there are any current students I would like to ask is it worth studying finance from Kings??....wht placements does it offer and how much time does it take to respond to our application, considering it has already been about 3 weeks since I applied. All suggestions and opinions are welcome.
Reply 1495
Original post by Tench
Anyone doing Chemistry with Biomedicine?

Me hopefully.
Reply 1496
Original post by Kaas
Me hopefully.

So there are others on TSR...

Btw, do you know if there are actually only 20 places on this course or is that just speculation?
My back up is Biomed at Kings
Reply 1498
Original post by Tench
So there are others on TSR...

Btw, do you know if there are actually only 20 places on this course or is that just speculation?

They said there were around 30 places. I will most definitely miss my offer. The course is still in Extra, so I believe they haven't filled all their places or maybe they have by now. Any idea if they'll still accept me?
Reply 1499
Original post by Kaas
They said there were around 30 places. I will most definitely miss my offer. The course is still in Extra, so I believe they haven't filled all their places or maybe they have by now. Any idea if they'll still accept me?

If you're borderline, then they may consider you but i'm sure you'll meet your offer anyway :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest