The Student Room Group

How confident are people in getting A and A* at Alevel?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 100
Not at all. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Original post by shaminn
You have to have 80% or above your AS and then get 90% in A2 to get the A* so you won't be able to get it with a C in the first year.

I'm fairly confident I will get four As at the end but I really need one A* which is going to be difficult for me. Got two more AS exams left but I'm done on friday :smile: so happy!

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

Sorry I negged you and then realised it was kind of harsh, so I apologise. You don't need an A in your AS to get an A* overall, all you need is at the end of A2 more than 80% overall over AS and A2 combined and an average over 90% or over for your A2 units. This means you can get a B/C at AS and still get an A* overall. Also you don't need over 90% on every A2 module.

Example: AS - 200UMS (which is a C at AS)
A2 - 282UMS (100% on one A2 unit, 94% on one A2 unit, 88% on one unit)

Equates to 482/600 UMS, with over 90% average at A2 - A*
Original post by Benniboi1
Sorry I negged you and then realised it was kind of harsh, so I apologise. You don't need an A in your AS to get an A* overall, all you need is at the end of A2 more than 80% overall over AS and A2 combined and an average over 90% or over for your A2 units. This means you can get a B/C at AS and still get an A* overall. Also you don't need over 90% on every A2 module.

Example: AS - 200UMS (which is a C at AS)
A2 - 282UMS (100% on one A2 unit, 94% on one A2 unit, 88% on one unit)

Equates to 482/600 UMS, with over 90% average at A2 - A*

Thanks, for re-affirming my faith. And wow that is High, but at least I know with my one C, I can work my ASS OFF and get an A* or an A, without re-taking. So, again thanks. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest