The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society MKVII

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1740
Original post by Anon420
:hugs:

All the best for your guinea pig and hope it all turns out well.

Original post by thatsthebadger93
So sorry about your guinea pig, it must be really hard for you. Losing a pet is always hard particularly when they've had such a positive impact on your life. Just remember you have every right to be upset and I'd ignore anyone who doesn't appreciate devastating this is for you :hugs:

Thank you both
Reply 1741
Original post by AmiB
All my friends have just finished their first exam at uni and I am stuck here in a different city feeling like absolute ****e, oh the joys of life... :cry2:

How come, were you on the same course as them?
Reply 1742
Wow, just realised how out of it I was last night. I think I'm okay right now, in a numb, confused sort of way.
Reply 1743
Original post by Anon420
How come, were you on the same course as them?

Been told by the doctor that I shouldn't take my exams right now for the good of my health so been signed off and will take them for the first sit in the resit period in August.
Original post by morris743
Can't take lack of sleep any more. Can't take sleeping pills either. What do I do!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I presume you already do all the basic sleep hygiene stuff? Avoiding caffeinated beverages in the evening, not consuming alcohol as this also disturbs sleep, getting sufficient exercise during the day, switching off the computer and television at least an hour before heading to bed, doing relaxing breathing exercises or reading a book?

Might I ask why you can't take sleeping pills? Obviously they're not a long term solution but they can help in the short term to readjust a bad sleep cycle back to a more acceptable time.

Personally my insomnia tends to be caused by having constantly racing thoughts and it keeps me wide awake. I've found keeping a pad of paper and a pen by the beside sometimes helps, because I can jot everything down and then not have to worry about forgetting it. As thinking about thoughts tends to lead to more popping up and the cycle just gets worse going around in circles.
Original post by fire2burn
I presume you already do all the basic sleep hygiene stuff? Avoiding caffeinated beverages in the evening, not consuming alcohol as this also disturbs sleep, getting sufficient exercise during the day, switching off the computer and television at least an hour before heading to bed, doing relaxing breathing exercises or reading a book?

Might I ask why you can't take sleeping pills? Obviously they're not a long term solution but they can help in the short term to readjust a bad sleep cycle back to a more acceptable time.

Personally my insomnia tends to be caused by having constantly racing thoughts and it keeps me wide awake. I've found keeping a pad of paper and a pen by the beside sometimes helps, because I can jot everything down and then not have to worry about forgetting it. As thinking about thoughts tends to lead to more popping up and the cycle just gets worse going around in circles.

Thanks for this :smile: I have tried the basic sleep regimes many times before, but personally I do find being on the computer / watching TV relaxing and this has lulled me into sleep for years and years before. Indeed going to bed without these has only done me bad.

Ha I don't want to take them is why :redface: Even as bad as I am, I see too many horror stories about pills making this a more permanent way of life. That cannot happen to me.

lol I'm a bit of a weirdo really - whereas thinking tends to keep others awake, for me it has for a long time being what I need to get to sleep. Not thinking anything - and trying to get to sleep - results in many hours of laying awake. So no, I don't have a problem with thinking. As it is, I can't think due to lack of sleep. It does take me ages to get to sleep, but my biggest problem is waking up after 6 hours at most and not being able to get back to sleep. Physically impossible.

Many thanks again
Original post by Anonymous
If ANYONE needs anything please say something and I'll PM them my email add. I've been through this and the best thing for me is always helping others. You're never in a hopeless situation. Bless you all xxx

Can you PM me please?
Reply 1747
Original post by d123
Wow, just realised how out of it I was last night. I think I'm okay right now, in a numb, confused sort of way.

:console: :hugs:
Reply 1748
Exam went just about ok. Then I had my driving lesson, and it was amazing :woo: . I've finally got used to the new clutch :tongue: . I think I did really well to not think about anything else, which helped concentration :smile: . Though I did almost have an accident because I was staring at a really hot girl :colondollar:

Now I have an appointment with the social worker :sad:

Sent from my HTC Wildfire S
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 1749
Original post by avhhs
:console: :hugs:

Thanks. Re-reading through the facebook chat conversation I had is quite scary, it's shocked me that I could feel that low but now, I feel strangely dislocated from it, as though it wasn't me but some other person. It's hard to explain really :frown:
Reply 1750
Original post by avhhs
Exam went just about ok. Then I had my driving lesson, and it was amazing :woo: . I've finally got used to the new clutch :tongue: . I think I did really well to not think about anything else, which helped concentration :smile: . Though I did almost have an accident because I was staring at a really hot girl :colondollar:

Now I have an appointment with the social worker :sad:

Sent from my HTC Wildfire S

That's all good! (apart from the near accident :P)

Good luck for the appointment :hugs:
I got an unconditional offer from college. Feel so happy now :smile:
Reply 1752
Original post by headunderwater

They took there time! But that's awesome, I knew you could do it :smile:
Reply 1753

:woo:

Congratulations!

:woo:

Excellent news, well done!

**** yeah! :five:
Original post by Noodlzzz
They took there time! But that's awesome, I knew you could do it :smile:

Thank you :smile: ! And everybody else.

Repped! Well done and congrats :biggrin: :woo: :biggrin:
Reply 1758

Awesome news. :banana2:
I'm planning to go to my doctor soon,I've told my mum about it,I'm just feeling so unstable as of late.I know I may end up being yet another melodramatic teenager but I've really had unstable moods for what feels like forever,I just....I just feel so hopeles and lost and stupid and unintelligent,and...I just loathe myself.I just..I can't describe how I'm feeling.I'm fed up crying every few hours,I try to make myself better,my life better,and I feel hopeful for a while,before it all comes crashing down.I have no future,I'm just...my parents will die eventually and therefore I will have no one that will feel bad about my death.I've fed up making them stressed with my constant crying and stress and yelling at them when i feel so awful,my friends are all moving on in their lives,going to uniI'm too paralysed by fear to do anything,I had plans but they jsut dont work now I see the truth.I failed my exams alst year,I'm trying so hard this year,but it might not work out,I cant face being more stupid than my friends,my family think I'll go to uni but I'm too thick,the subject I thought I was good at I actually suck at,I'm getting worse,Ive left school now,had to everyone did,i'm not ready to face the world,the world wouldnt want me anyway.I hate sounding so silly and I know everyone is probably wishing I would just shut up and do something else but I just cant control my thoughts,my brain..I just relapse into this...spiral every time.

Latest