The Student Room Group

Medical Personal Statement

Just wondering if anyone has ever used or heard of any online businesses/sites that help to improve your personal statement.
I know studentroom has a PS dept but any other than them.
Its just that i had applied this year to Medicine and was not succesfull and would like to get the personal statement perfect for next year :smile:
Thankyou
Reply 1
I'm not aware of any businesses that help improve personal statements, a book is available from the kind people who produce the UKCAT and interview books which most people use:
http://www.medical-interviews.co.uk/prod_name/medical-school-personal-statement.aspx
Teachers, current medical students and doctors should be the people who read your personal statement.

I found the tsr ps help very useful (just don't leave it too late as they get very busy!)
Reply 3
just use TSR service or pm someone who is already in med school and they can help you out. no point paying money for editing a paper..
Reply 4
Don't bother paying someone money to do it.

Use the book mentioned above, along with the PS help service and you'll be fine. I think we start reviewing in July so work on it until then and we'll take a look.
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by Elwyn
Don't bother payiing someone money to do it.

Use the book mentioned above, along with the PS help service and you'll be fine. I think we start reviewing in July so work on it until then and we'll take a look.

Better dig out the old red pen...
Reply 6
Original post by TooSexyForMyStethoscope
Better dig out the old red pen...

Useful for procrastinating for the August resits. Exams in 5 weeks and I know nothing :afraid:
Original post by Elwyn
Useful for procrastinating for the August resits. Exams in 5 weeks and I know nothing :afraid:

Mine start in six days and it is touch and go :tongue:
Reply 8
Original post by .eXe
just use TSR service or pm someone who is already in med school and they can help you out. no point paying money for editing a paper..

Yh but i did that this year and didnt get any offers :s-smilie:
Original post by vik94

That does not necessarily mean that your PS was the source of the problem.
Original post by vik94

if you have attended an ISC Medical interview course in the past you can always ask if they can review your statement as part of their support service.
Reply 11
I need help with personal statement!
Please can anyone help me??? Please
I got rejected from medicine and got a nice feedback from Bristol.
Can anyone please tell me what to do?
I reallly need help

Quick Reply

Latest