Reply 21
Original post by Pride
this thread makes me smile :h:

I'm liking the sig.
Reply 22
Original post by . .
I'm liking the sig.

Reply 23
To be honest after 3 years applying I felt numb, I suppose I was kind of shocked!
I was at a friend's house and knew the email would come from Oxford at around 6pm. I had been preparing myself for the worst so burst into tears when I saw it was an offer :colondollar:
(edited 11 years ago)
Well after logging into UCAS track and seeing my offer I burst into tears. It meant a lot especially as it was my third time applying. Then I phoned my dad who was on a plane at that moment about to board and he screamed down the phone (a happy scream) and told me that he'd call me back because everyone on the plane was staring at him :redface:.
(edited 11 years ago)
I remember getting my offer to my first choice. I was on my gap year in a tiny internet cafe and you could see Mt. Kilimanjaro out the window. Perfect setting. I was a bit subdued though because it was a very hushed setting and in a bit of a rough area so I didn't want to draw attention to myself.

The part that had the most emotional impact on me though was what happened when I got home.
Although I'd written a letter to accept my place and gotten the folks at home to send in certificates and things, the day after I got back (with a flight+layover > a day travel time) I opened a UCAS letter to see that I'd been rejected from both offers for lack of a reply. And that I was one week past the automatic reversal window for it.

My heart dropped out my body quicker than anything I can remember. And I've watched Rebecca Black's friday. :/

Thankfully though, it all got sorted out and I got to start that September. Woo.
Reply 27
I think every time I had an update, I was in a lecture, surrounded by those that had heard nothing.
Out of decency, I checked on my phone then said nothing. To no one.
My housemate knew, but apart from that, people on the course only found out weeks later when others had heard things.

Inside though, I was smiling a great deal!
Reply 28
I was living abroad, on skype to my parents, I was told I wouldn't hear so soon post interview so I thought it was a rejection when I got the email.
Went on to track, sort of sat there like what the hell how has this happened, squealed a bit, went and told my friends I was living with, cried a bit and was in absolute shock for 2 full days including for my next interview. But it was sort of a good shock feeling, like omg I actually did it.

I think it has only just sunk in now. I wasn't even that happy, just shocked, I never thought I'd make it and then came out with 4 offers so I was very lucky :smile:.

Edit: not sure why I got negged for just replying honestly to a thread?
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 29
I love this thread btw :smile: nice to hear peoples happy stories but sad to hear about the not so happy ones.
I was just casually eating my frosted shreddies and checked emails. It was a huge shock considering I was on the waiting list and was told I wouldn't hear until August! So decided to ring my mum and burst out crying. I couldn't compose myself for a bit so the poor woman thought something awful had happened!
I wish I could tell you guys a dignified story of me getting my offer but the moment I read the news - I genuinely lost the plot.

I remember waking up to finding an email notification, the next thing I remember was me repeatedly shouting: 'oh my god...oh my god...oh my god'

In all the excitement I managed to fall off my bed, I didn't care though. I then ran around the house to find that no-one was home & managed to find a phone to tell my parents the good news.

Applying to medicine is mentally & emotionally draining, not to mention one of the biggest head ****s, and so that feeling of acceptance and recognition is truly unforgettable.
Original post by fallenangel
I wish I could tell you guys a dignified story of me getting my offer but the moment I read the news - I genuinely lost the plot.

I remember waking up to finding an email notification, the next thing I remember was me repeatedly shouting: 'oh my god...oh my god...oh my god'

In all the excitement I managed to fall off my bed, I didn't care though. I then ran around the house to find that no-one was home & managed to find a phone to tell my parents the good news.

Applying to medicine is mentally & emotionally draining, not to mention one of the biggest head ****s, and so that feeling of acceptance and recognition is truly unforgettable.

Couldn't agree more! I did laugh at falling off the bed though lol.
I actually cried when I had my first interview come through because it initially said I needed a passport for proof of identity and I immediately thought that it was all ruined because I didn't have one :redface:

Then my first response was a rejection and I felt terrible and just tried to completely ignore it.

But then my second response was an offer and I just screamed and laughed a lot and my brother was the only person home so I just kept shouting "omg" down the stairs at him... :lol:
Reply 34
Original post by Sherbet
came out with 4 offers so I was very lucky :smile:.

Edit: not sure why I got negged for just replying honestly to a thread?

Haters.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 35
First offer: OMG! OMG! Ran around my room, ran downstairs to tell my mum who immediately started crying, printed the letter. Ran around some more, feeling happy/dazed/excited.

Rejection from first choice: **** you, saw it coming.
Next rejection: Pissed off, bit confused, **** you again.

Last offer: YESSSSS!

Process over :biggrin:
Reply 36
Last year: i got all my rejections in the same week.. wasnt too fussed about the 1st three. When i got my last one (only post-interview rej) I had to leave for work in about 2 minutes - so didnt bother telling parents. I was totally devastated though and didnt really want to tell anyone in the hospital either. After this, I drove straight to a "date" which was planned weeks ago - i think it would be fair to say i wasnt the best company i could be lol. weirdly, stayed with him for about a year.

This year, im on a gap year and after each interview invitation mail - Id burst into my parents room and spill. (aswell as call the parent(s) not at home). Reacted in much the same way when i got my offer. THink i screamed a little too. and fist pumped. followed by a victory dance :tongue: followed by a spin to the beach blasting my music (not like me at all!) i was so ecstatic i bought an icecream even though it was freezing, AND tipped the guy loads (payed a fiver and just left all the change) haha. On my way home i bought a load of munchies then just chillllled the **** out :biggrin:

..cant believe its been 3 months since!! :redface: another 3 to goooooo..
This thread is making me grin like a loon :biggrin:

and I'm not applying for anything remotely to do with medicine.
My friend I think got all his offers for medicine....he deserves them all!
ae4dd42a-a495-c35e.jpg
In the morning I got rejected from St Andrew's, meaning Glasgow was my last shot (still my preferred though luckily). I got in and did the usual checking of the medical school threads, but didn't expect anything as Glasgow were saying offers wouldn't be given out for another few days. I had a look on the thread and saw everyone saying 'OFFER!!!' and was like 'TO HOTMAIL!' ...nothing. Don't know why, but I thought Glasgow gave out all of their offers in one big batch and everyone got their offer at the exact same time, so after half an hour of waiting I was pretty close to tears (frustration that all the waiting had been for nothing), kind of in the foetal position on the couch. Anyways, suddenly my dad sees I have an email from UCAS as I'd left my hotmail open and since it was all offers on here, I kind of knew that was me sorted. My brother logged on to my track for me while I was kind of...preparing to celebrate? Like when a player takes it round the keeper in football and you're just waiting for him to slot it in, praying he doesn't miss :tongue:. But aye, as soon as he said 'conditional' I started dancing round the room like a maniac. :biggrin:

What made the day even more perfect was that I heard Let Down by Radiohead for the first time that morning-probably my favourite song ever now. :tongue:

Bit of an essay ^^ but it was nice thinking about it again. :tongue:

Quick Reply