The Student Room Group

AQA Economics 25th May 2012 Unit 2 Exam

Scroll to see replies

I need to get about 90-100 UMS, any tips?
Original post by Symmo
The shape is always the same I believe, you shouldn't lose marks for curving it more than another graph, just don't do a straight line!

but inflation depends on it.. like the steeper it is the more inflation is caused when AD is increased.. i wondered what made it so steep the higher u go
Reply 42
Original post by Nilsdejongh
but inflation depends on it.. like the steeper it is the more inflation is caused when AD is increased.. i wondered what made it so steep the higher u go

The labour market tightens so you need to attract workers with higher wages, hence the steepness due to increased costs
Reply 43
Original post by Samc12

Why, do you need 90-100 UMS?

Tips would be just to revise, stay calm, make sure you know it. Plan & structure your essay. And be clued up about recent events so you can include them to strengthen your argument or analysis.
This is my contribution to this thread
http://www.mediafire.com/?ql1jc2y41ce4hdq

Freshly robbed from the school server.
:smile:
Original post by . .
I do. I don't give it to strangers though. Nothing personal and I hardly use msn messenger.

It is possible.

For exam technique:

Introductory paragraph - Definition and briefly outline three/four major arguments you will be discussing.

Paragraph 2 : First argument and then analyse it too. Point out the flaws in the argument.

Paragraph 3 : Same.

Paragraph 4 : Same.

Evaluation : Sum it up, don't add any new arguments. Maybe throw in your own opinion on the matter if you want.

If you can use real life examples to back up your arguments. Use data from the information given. Use diagrams to help you explain a concept (but a diagram isn't sufficient on its own) make sure you talk the examiner through the diagram.

I think it's a good idea to add in any new arguments in the conclusion because we looked at a model answer in class and this girl had added new ideas in the conclusion and the examiners had given her 25/25 so there's no harm in doing that :smile:
Reply 46
Original post by parachutes-
I think it's a good idea to add in any new arguments in the conclusion because we looked at a model answer in class and this girl had added new ideas in the conclusion and the examiners had given her 25/25 so there's no harm in doing that :smile:

Conclusion is the summing up of the arguments in the essay. The arguments and analysis of the arguments should be in the main body of the essay.
Original post by . .
Conclusion is the summing up of the arguments in the essay. The arguments and analysis of the arguments should be in the main body of the essay.

Yeah I know, you should aim to keep all your ideas in the main body of the essay but in case you do forget something, it's a good idea to just add it in whilst you're summing up?
What events should we be getting ourself familiar with that we can drop into our answers?

Links, Evaluations of it, Whatever.. just need to top myself up with current affairs x
Reply 49
any have any insight to what the topic areas might be for the data question?

been hearing itll be something about monetary policy and evaluating them with reference to macroeconomic performance?

cheers
One question is always based on improving the macroeconomic performance and the other usually focuses on one issue improving the performance..
Reply 51
Original post by Nilsdejongh
What events should we be getting ourself familiar with that we can drop into our answers?

Links, Evaluations of it, Whatever.. just need to top myself up with current affairs x

The state of the domestic economy. This isn't essential though. It's something you should be keeping up with during the course of study.
Reply 52
why does an increase in spare capacity in an economy lead to a fall in aggregate demand ? :s-smilie: anyone know....
Reply 53
There is a free online revision clinic with Geoff, Mo, Ian and the tutor2u Econ team tomorrow evening (22 May) from 8.30 pm for anyone who would like a little extra support ahead of Friday. over 450 students logged into the first AS Macro clinic - a similar number expected tomorrow night!

http://www.tutor2u.net/blog/index.php/economics/comments/as-macro-unit-2-economics-online-revision-clinic-tuesday-22-may-2012

Jim
Reply 54
Original post by rss.914
why does an increase in spare capacity in an economy lead to a fall in aggregate demand ? :s-smilie: anyone know....

Is there any context to this or is this the whole question?
Reply 55
Original post by Jim Riley
There is a free online revision clinic with Geoff, Mo, Ian and the tutor2u Econ team tomorrow evening (22 May) from 8.30 pm for anyone who would like a little extra support ahead of Friday. over 450 students logged into the first AS Macro clinic - a similar number expected tomorrow night!

http://www.tutor2u.net/blog/index.php/economics/comments/as-macro-unit-2-economics-online-revision-clinic-tuesday-22-may-2012

Jim

I don't have facebook/twitter is there no other way to see it?
Original post by Samc12

Nobody needs 90-100 UMS, it's a want not a need, economists of all people should know that :smile:
Reply 57
Original post by munazic483
Nobody needs 90-100 UMS, it's a want not a need, economists of all people should know that :smile:

You don't know his circumstances. He may need 90-100 UMS for survival. Very unlikely but still a possibility.
Reply 58
Original post by . .
Is there any context to this or is this the whole question?

it's the whole question, and it's from the jan 09 paper

Which one of the following is most likely to lead to a fall in aggregate investment?
A A reduction in the level of unemployment
B An increase in spare capacity in the economy
C A reduction in the average level of interest rates
D An increase in aggregate demand
Reply 59
Original post by rss.914
it's the whole question, and it's from the jan 09 paper

Which one of the following is most likely to lead to a fall in aggregate investment?
A A reduction in the level of unemployment
B An increase in spare capacity in the economy
C A reduction in the average level of interest rates
D An increase in aggregate demand

It's B because firms will be more likely to expand production by using the spare capacity because they have spare capacity, they can bring in capital such as machinery they are not using. It would pointless buying new capital when you have capital which is not being used just sitting there.

Also the questions say aggregate investment not aggregate demand. That confused me when you initially asked the question.

Quick Reply

Latest