The Student Room Group

Help!!AQA gcse english literature exam unit 1!!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Does anyone know the AOs (Assessment Objectives) that is assessed of Of Mice and Men and An Inspector Calls? :confused:
Reply 61
Original post by IsabelAmy
For OMAM
My teacher Seems to think curleys wife or slim will come up as crooks was in the mock and George and lennie have been in lots of the practise questions. Omg, i would die if someone like carlson came up :/

Hahaha im hedging my bets on Whit or Aunt Clara :tongue:
I highly doubt AQA will be on a mad one with the questions
Original post by techno836
bloody hell people have been telling me lower and lower but yet WJEC is still 54/60 -.-

To correct you, you are partially right in that you need 90% to get an A*, but that is 90% of the UMS mark once the raw mark has been scaled dependant on how well everybody else does nationally, so out of 60 marks you might only get 49, but if everybody that year does really well then that would only be an A, but if everybody does poorly then that would be an A*, so the grade boundaries from the raw marks change every year but the UMS stays the same, it is the scalings that change dependant on how you do and so it wont be 54/60, it is more likely to be between 49-52 for an A* but this all depends on how your particular year group does.

And the reputation of being the 'easy board' comes from the fact that people believe that and so in schools where the students aren't necessarily high acheivers go into this board and because there are so many lower ability candidates, it appears that it is easier but really the scalings have changed and so therefore the smarter people find it easier because the grade boundaries skew toward the lower end. :smile: but you will be fine because the boundaries are a lot lower than even teachers think :biggrin:
Original post by reecefitzgerald22
To correct you, you are partially right in that you need 90% to get an A*, but that is 90% of the UMS mark once the raw mark has been scaled dependant on how well everybody else does nationally, so out of 60 marks you might only get 49, but if everybody that year does really well then that would only be an A, but if everybody does poorly then that would be an A*, so the grade boundaries from the raw marks change every year but the UMS stays the same, it is the scalings that change dependant on how you do and so it wont be 54/60, it is more likely to be between 49-52 for an A* but this all depends on how your particular year group does.

And the reputation of being the 'easy board' comes from the fact that people believe that and so in schools where the students aren't necessarily high acheivers go into this board and because there are so many lower ability candidates, it appears that it is easier but really the scalings have changed and so therefore the smarter people find it easier because the grade boundaries skew toward the lower end. :smile: but you will be fine because the boundaries are a lot lower than even teachers think :biggrin:

YES !!!!!!!!! some good news finally !!!!!!!! i WILL get my A*

i have to get an A* in one of the two lit exams to an A* overall (provided i get a B or above in the other :-) )
Reply 64
Does anyone have any notes on short stories from sunlight on the grass?

Thanks
Reply 65
Original post by 24-Bubblys
omggg! someone please hellpp mee!!
I dont get this new specification?
Im in alevel, but have to do this gcse english literature:frown:,
Can anyone tell me how to asnwer section B for unit 1?
do i have to write 2 separate essays? or just one big essay for the combined section a and b?
im doin mice and men for that..
thanks in advance

For section B it is recommended that you do two separate essays - this way you make sure that you address the question and cover the assessment objectives. Though some people do it one essay as a whole and get good marks. But advice from AQA is that you answer it separately. Good Luck, though I'm sure you wouldn't be needing it. :smile:
Watching the OMAN film atm... :heart:
Reply 67
Original post by Varunaen
For section B it is recommended that you do two separate essays - this way you make sure that you address the question and cover the assessment objectives. Though some people do it one essay as a whole and get good marks. But advice from AQA is that you answer it separately. Good Luck, though I'm sure you wouldn't be needing it. :smile:

Thank you so much i didnt kno i cud answer both in one essay, I will see how the question is anyway,
Thanks alot!
Yess, thanks for your good luck, ofcourse i will be needing some:smile:, havnt done english literature since 2 years now!

Good luck if you're doin it too:smile:
Reply 68
I'm tasked with To Kill a Mockingbird and Under Milk Wood.

TKaM is easy enough. Under Milk Wood is a whole 'nother story.
Reply 69
how did every1 find the exam
For next year as I'm doing the course for a year (ending 2013) would this mean that the new specification ( the approved one) will count and will marks be added for SpAG?

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
I know most of you won't be doing this exam this year but do you have any A/A* sample essays I could look at.
Reply 72
Hi can you tell me how many PEE chains I need to write on english literature exam Unit 1. I am sitting foundation and am doing an inspector calls and of mice and men. I need to know how many for part a and part b.

Thanks

Quick Reply

Latest