The Student Room Group

AQA AS Human Biology Unit 2- May 21st

Scroll to see replies

i found it really hard !!!!
i didn't like the way the missed out all the usual easy questions about DNA and RNA :-((
Reply 21
that was a beasty exam
failed first question because teacher only taught us I.P.M.A.T and didnt teach us growth phase
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 22
I hate it when people say they found it hard and I found it okay. XD It makes me worry that I got it completely wrong. XD
Reply 23
I think if you're not used to how AQA words the Unit 2 questions then it will be difficult however some was relatively simple. Hoping for a C or a B.
Reply 24
Original post by godzilla-roar
i found it really hard !!!!
i didn't like the way the missed out all the usual easy questions about DNA and RNA :-((
I'm sure youve done fine :smile: If theyve left the easy markers out, it just means grade boundaries are going to be MEGA low :getmecoat:

Original post by cuckoo99
that was a beasty exam
failed first question because teacher only taught us I.P.M.A.T and didnt teach us growth phase

Growth Phase, that's pretty random. Considering almost, every past paper has been on I.P.M.A.T :frown:
I'm sure grade boundaries will be low then :smile: Not many people expect a sudden change in exams and do a lot worse! So grade boundaries should also be lower :yes:
Original post by Kelz
I think if you're not used to how AQA words the Unit 2 questions then it will be difficult however some was relatively simple. Hoping for a C or a B.

Bet you get an A :colonhash:
Reply 25
Original post by Doctor.

Bet you get an A :colonhash:

I doubt that. I couldn't remember another way of dating things. XD I just write loads and hope for the best. XD
Reply 26
Original post by Kelz
I doubt that. I couldn't remember another way of dating things. XD I just write loads and hope for the best. XD

potassium argon dating ! was soo happy when i saw that question
How did you find the question about the role of spindle fibres in mitosis, the question threw me a bit as it was worth 5 marks!
Reply 28
potassium argon dating ! was soo happy when i saw that question

I knew it began with p. I should get a mark for that. :P

I was happy when I saw the gene mutation thing for cancer. The single cell organism question threw me a little at first. I thought they were trying to trick me with the taxonomic hierarchy at first and we were meant to know of a clever name for that organism but then I put genus so I hope that is right. XD

I hate that not as many people do human biology. Less people to discuss with. D:
Reply 29
Original post by Shivani Kotecha
How did you find the question about the role of spindle fibres in mitosis, the question threw me a bit as it was worth 5 marks!

I just listed as much as I knew about what the spindles do in mitosis. So they pull the chromosomes to either pole of the cell. I think it will be one of those questions where you write half a statement, get a mark then write the other half and you get a mark.

AQA mark schemes are daft sometimes, you can say like one word and get a mark. XD
Reply 30
Original post by Kelz
I knew it began with p. I should get a mark for that. :P

I was happy when I saw the gene mutation thing for cancer. The single cell organism question threw me a little at first. I thought they were trying to trick me with the taxonomic hierarchy at first and we were meant to know of a clever name for that organism but then I put genus so I hope that is right. XD

I hate that not as many people do human biology. Less people to discuss with. D:

same i put genus ;p and ye its annoying. ya know only 82 people in the country do human biology lol ? for the spindle one i talked about anaphase but then thought maybe it had suffen to do with telophase aswell so i added a bit in at the end about it helping with cytokenises, dunno if i can lose marks for puting that though
Reply 31
the last question was a bit ambiguous, 20 marks for question 10 and the last part of question 10 was pretty hard too, the evaluation :/
Reply 32
same i put genus ;p and ye its annoying. ya know only 82 people in the country do human biology lol ? for the spindle one i talked about anaphase but then thought maybe it had suffen to do with telophase aswell so i added a bit in at the end about it helping with cytokenises, dunno if i can lose marks for puting that though

You won't lose marks. AQA does positive marking. :smile: So will just pick out the right things. :smile:
Reply 33
Original post by STALKER0098
I put stratigraphy, would that be correct as well??

It said other things besides carbon dating which bugged me because Carbon dating was the only one that stuck in my mind. XD
Reply 34
I've been told there are 7 people entered for HBIO4...

I have no one to talk to :cry2:
Reply 35
Original post by Doctor.
I've been told there are 7 people entered for HBIO4...

I have no one to talk to :cry2:

prob cuz others are doing there HBIO5
Reply 36
Wasn't that bad paper. Hoping to get at least B, barely scrape. Teacher said I did good on the coursework, so... Just hanging tight atm. Pretty anxiou to find out results.

Need to focus on my GCSEs and C2 now. Oh God, I have additional Science chemistry tomorrow and Core 2 maths....
I've got 17 for the volume question
Reply 38
Original post by Fusion9
Wasn't that bad paper. Hoping to get at least B, barely scrape. Teacher said I did good on the coursework, so... Just hanging tight atm. Pretty anxiou to find out results.

Need to focus on my GCSEs and C2 now. Oh God, I have additional Science chemistry tomorrow and Core 2 maths....

This is an AS Level thread ....... not GCSE

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending