The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by SparkleDust231
At least that's something :smile:

Yup :smile:
But you never know how you did until results day... :wink: I remember after I came out of my OMAM English Lit exam last January, I was certain that I had failed. However, I came out with great results (I've probably never felt so pleasantly surprised after seeing those results), so you never know :smile:
I thought today's English went okay. I was happy with both questions they gave about LOTF but answered the first one. I hated the Purple Hibiscus one, our teacher had spent the last 2 weeks working on practice about Papa for the exam...unimpressed. I was quite flustered and probably babbled. I was finding it hard to get what was in my head out onto the paper near the end! Oh well, no English ever again! :biggrin: One down, ten to go.
Original post by tamil4
oh haha i did the same :L yeah i couldn't believe how easy some of it was, like the molecular formula of water! i sat there for ages trying to check if i was missing stuff out lol it was good but i think grade boundaries might be really high cos everyone found it easy :s

are you doing P3 on thursday?

Which exam board are you doing your science exams with? Just wondering. :smile:
Original post by usycool1
Yup :smile:
But you never know how you did until results day... :wink: I remember after I came out of my OMAM English Lit exam last January, I was certain that I had failed. However, I came out with great results (I've probably never felt so pleasantly surprised after seeing those results), so you never know :smile:

True, I'm more confident in AVFTB & I got good grades in my CA's so hopefully that will bring my mark up a bit :smile:
Original post by Nathan0012
Which exam board are you doing your science exams with? Just wondering. :smile:

Edexcel 360 :smile:
you?
Original post by SparkleDust231
Aw, I used to like English until recently when I discovered I was awful at lit.

I don't think I will be taking English judging by my exam performance today everyone in my class was crying inside because we covered every theme apart from justice, and those poems were horrible. I will be so happy if I pass even at a C. My heart is breaking after i spent ages revising themes and characters and justice came up :/

& I even forgot to write that it was Unit 1 on the front of the exam paper next to English Literature -_- .

I am sure that if everyone in your year found it hard then the grade boundaries will be low and then you would have done good! After the exam today I am feeling a little bit more confident about A-Level but I still have poetry on thrusday which I am not too great at and then Language next tuesday but we will see how it goes I guess.
This week: Done 4 exams, 4 left

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Original post by tamil4
Edexcel 360 :smile:
you?

AQA, I was just concerned because we have our C3 exam on Thursday and P3 next Wednesday, right after Additional Maths... :frown: , my brain will have literally turned to mush after that. It's a good thing I've got a long break until history in June after that.

It's probably the same stuff we're learning in science anyway, what was your exam like?
Original post by xoxlovelifexox
i don't actually know, because i don't really properly know my ISA mark, the school doesn't disclose it for some reason and we're sitting all 9 science papers at the end of year 11, we sit all our exams at the end! what about you? :smile:

All 9?! Wow!!! Why are they making you do that? Oh and I need 65 I think:smile:
Ugh, AQA poetry and OCR chem on thursday :/
Original post by alexandraa
Really?! omg id love an a* :biggrin: I've been getting around 26/30 and 18/30 hahaha in the practice ones and i thought I would struggle to get an a again! So sounds quite good :biggrin:

Yep it's true :smile: But you never know this year, the grade boundaries may be a lot higher :angry:
Original post by Dandaman9999
Yep it's true :smile: But you never know this year, the grade boundaries may be a lot higher :angry:

Hmm I guess it depends how everyone did nationally at the end the day :smile: but even with an A I'd be over the moon cos I'm not doing English next year

Original post by JLKeating
I thought today's English went okay. I was happy with both questions they gave about LOTF but answered the first one. I hated the Purple Hibiscus one, our teacher had spent the last 2 weeks working on practice about Papa for the exam...unimpressed. I was quite flustered and probably babbled. I was finding it hard to get what was in my head out onto the paper near the end! Oh well, no English ever again! :biggrin: One down, ten to go.

Same, I answered the question on how Golding presents death as well, I think I did alright on that question. :smile:
I did To Kill a Mockingbird and the questions were pretty demanding, I was just blurting out points for the extract question, but I managed to get some detailed stuff out for the 'big' question after that. Done 8 exams and got 8 to go, really feels like I'm looking back on the exams I was dreading, also poetry isn't going to be too hard because we just need to make points and if we have enough evidence then we'll do alright. :wink:
Same, I answered the question on how Golding presents death as well, I think I did alright on that question. :smile:
I did To Kill a Mockingbird and the questions were pretty demanding, I was just blurting out points for the extract question, but I managed to get some detailed stuff out for the 'big' question after that. Done 8 exams and got 8 to go, really feels like I'm looking back on the exams I was dreading, also poetry isn't going to be too hard because we just need to make points and if we have enough evidence then we'll do alright. :wink:

I did tkam too! Thought it emphasised the need for context!!!

I didn't do TKAM but for my extract on Purple Hibiscus I was just shoving ideas on the page and trying to sound sophisticated. It probably didn't work but I'd be happy with an A!
Hmm I guess it depends how everyone did nationally at the end the day :smile: but even with an A I'd be over the moon cos I'm not doing English next year

Yeah same here :biggrin: but I'm really hoping I can go above my prediction and get an A* because my CA was quite high and I don't want all my revision and effort to go to waste!
Hey how you all been :biggrin:

I have been busy with exams :tongue: Haven't we all?!

Here is a song! :biggrin:

[video="youtube;nS76weZ--U8"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nS76weZ--U8[/video]
Original post by multiplexing-gamer
Emglish was easy... I only mentioned Curley's wife in the OMAM qipuestion, I dont think you'll loose too many for other characters

I also talked pretty much only about Curley's wife, although I did mention the "cat-house" girls as another example of unnamed women in society.
Original post by Iamtidal
I also talked pretty much only about Curley's wife, although I did mention the "cat-house" girls as another example of unnamed women in society.

I did OMAM as well :smile: I only mentioned Curley's wife as my teacher said that since the answers of part a and b overlap you should focus on the character or theme/relationship asked in the first part in part b too... You won't lose marks for not mentioning other women but as long as your analysis of the women in society at that time in general was good then it's fine :smile:
Original post by Ptolemy001
Ugh, AQA poetry and OCR chem on thursday :/

Same! But I have AQA :biggrin: How you finding it?

I wont be doing english either :smile:

Latest