The Student Room Group

Woodhouse College Q&A Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by DylanLJG
No, it's Ms Stanton and Ms Lewis now

Who is in Mrs Stantons class now?
Cos she was a pretty good tutor
Original post by kake55
Hey everyone, can anyone doing computing at woodhouse tell me what programming language you use? Thanks

Hi! I am doing AS Computing at Woodhouse at the moment! We were all taught Visual Basic for the course.
Hope this helped, feel free to message me with more questions :smile:
Reply 1002
Original post by dying-divinity
Hi! I am doing AS Computing at Woodhouse at the moment! We were all taught Visual Basic for the course.
Hope this helped, feel free to message me with more questions :smile:

Thank you! One last question :tongue:, Which version of visual basic do you use? The AQA spec says Vb6 or vb.net but afaik Vb 2010 is just a newer version of Vb.net which is a newer version of Vb.6.
Reply 1003
Can I still hand in my direct offer letter even if I missed the deadline? (21st Feb)

I know there were still direct offer interviews last week so I think I could be able to hand it in without any problems?
Reply 1004
Hey, I'm really stressed as I will have an interview at Woodhouse soon, any hints on what should I wear and what should I know (etiquette or similar things)?
Reply 1005
I have an interview for for Woodhouse tomorrow and im picking Maths, Chemistry, Biology and Religious Studies. What kind of questions would they ask me for those subjects because I have no idea what is going to be thrown at me. I picked them to do medicine and thats basically the reason for it, any tips I need to know?
Reply 1006
Original post by HassanAD
I have an interview for for Woodhouse tomorrow and im picking Maths, Chemistry, Biology and Religious Studies. What kind of questions would they ask me for those subjects because I have no idea what is going to be thrown at me. I picked them to do medicine and thats basically the reason for it, any tips I need to know?

:O woodhouse do RE? , why are you doing RE btw? im curious, Im not 100% sure but I hear its blacklisted?

edit: When I had my interview 2 years ago I was applying for bio,chem,math and psycho (applied for medicine as well). Essentialy people get asked different things. Some teachers bring up a current affair in your subject and ask you to comment on it, or solve a question, but something you wouldnt have neccessarily done at GCSE. Dont give up with they give you a hard question, they dont care if you get it right. My tips are just relax, be yourself because most of the interviewers will be very friendly and students too.

Oh and some people did come in suits back then, but it was a minority. Dress casual smart.
(edited 12 years ago)
Has anyone heard back from woodhouse yet?
Hi ,Everyone
I am current AS student at Woodhouse , studying , Maths, Physics, Chemistry and English Literature. I would say Woodhouse is a really good college -that is if you want to achieve well , the support is there for you and you can ask for help at any time. Just like any place it depends on the person ! But , I would defiantly recommend it and if you have any questions I will do my best to answer them:biggrin:

Just remember start working consistently from the beginning it will pay off !! :biggrin:
Original post by kake55
Thank you! One last question :tongue:, Which version of visual basic do you use? The AQA spec says Vb6 or vb.net but afaik Vb 2010 is just a newer version of Vb.net which is a newer version of Vb.6.

Hi, we're using VB.NET in general as we were all taught it at Woodhouse, but there are other options on the spec: C# and Pascal.
In the second year I'm pretty sure you can use which ever language you feel most comfortable with.
Reply 1010
Original post by dying-divinity
Hi, we're using VB.NET in general as we were all taught it at Woodhouse, but there are other options on the spec: C# and Pascal.
In the second year I'm pretty sure you can use which ever language you feel most comfortable with.

Are you sure? All this time I thought we were working in vb2005 since that's what the book goes through :/

Not that it probably makes much of a difference
Original post by -Maz-
Are you sure? All this time I thought we were working in vb2005 since that's what the book goes through :/

Not that it probably makes much of a difference

Yup 100% sure we are using VB.NET in Visual Studio 2008.

The book goes through VB 2005, Pascal and C# right... But the preliminary material is released in many more languages than this including Java, Python etc.

Don't worry too much about it :smile: There's really not much difference.
Reply 1012
I got a conditional offer and im taking Geography as one of my AS subjects, apparently i have to pay £270 as an additional cost, does that money have to be given in cheque when i send back the acceptance form along with the two other cheques for materials and resources?:s-smilie:
Reply 1013
Hello!

I've got a few questions I was hoping you could answer.

Firstly I'm planning on visiting Woodhouse on 'Results Day' in order to apply. Would you happen to know where I'm supposed to go and at what time?

Also will happen when I go? I don't know what to expect during my visit or what to bring. I bring my GCSE certificates I suppose but is there anything else of importance?

Thank you.
Original post by Alvi R
Hello!

Firstly I'm planning on visiting Woodhouse on 'Results Day' in order to apply. Would you happen to know where I'm supposed to go and at what time?

Also will happen when I go? I don't know what to expect during my visit or what to bring. I bring my GCSE certificates I suppose but is there anything else of importance?

Thank you.

Im almost in the same situation, Im currently on the waiting list but if they dont give me an offer il reapply on results day obv with better results. :frown:

I believe you bring your GCSE certificate and Mabye your End of year school report if you have it other than that good luck :redface: :biggrin:

Btw wht subjects you wish to study? :wink:
Original post by Alvi R
Hello!

Thank you.

Original post by XxKingSniprxX
Im almost in the same situation, Im currently on the waiting list but if they dont give me an offer il reapply on results day obv with better results. :frown:

I believe you bring your GCSE certificate and Mabye your End of year school report if you have it other than that good luck :redface: :biggrin:

Btw wht subjects you wish to study? :wink:

It's just your GCSE certificate which they check over whether it means their requirement.
Original post by CY26
I got a conditional offer and im taking Geography as one of my AS subjects, apparently i have to pay £270 as an additional cost, does that money have to be given in cheque when i send back the acceptance form along with the two other cheques for materials and resources?:s-smilie:

I believe it's separate to the other 2 checks.
Reply 1017
Computing, Maths, Physics and History. I've got A grades in the respective subjects but could be higher for the latter two. Pretty much the same as you =p
Reply 1018
One more question, sorry just worried, but I won't really receive my actual GCSE Certificates as of August, but a piece of paper stating my grades. That'll suffice right?

Sorry for pestering you >.>
I got an offer Saturday, so relieved. :smile:
(edited 11 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending