The Student Room Group

Why Do People Almost ALWAYS Wear Jeans?

Scroll to see replies

Warm, comfy, hard-wearing, cheap, go with pretty much anything. You can even stick tights or leggings on underneath when it's really cold. I can't really ask for more from a pair of everyday trousers. :biggrin:
(edited 11 years ago)
I rarely wear jeans but have noticed a lot of people tend to wear them daily.

I usually wear miniskirts, leggings or denim hotpants w/ tights. Jeans don't sit right on me - a 6 is too small in the leg; an 8 is too wide around the waist and a belt doesn't help any. :tongue:
Reply 42
Apart from skirts/dresses/shorts, what else is there to wear? O.o
I don't wear jeans much as a girl, but I like them on boys (if dark and not excessively skinny or baggy) :tongue:
Jeremy Clarkson made them fashionable!
I've always been a jeans person I prefer wearing them. I don't really like the leggings look although I do have trousers which look like leggings but there not I might wear leggings with a top on a night out possibly depending on the material and if it looks more like trousers. Jeans also go with pretty much everything.

I usually save shorts/skirts/dresses for nights out. I can wear shorts in the day time sometimes if it's warm and skirts usually they are still jeans material :smile:.
Original post by Bellissima
STOP saying chino's

doing it once was fine, coulda been a typo.... but twice? :frown:

I'm German, so my English is not perfect. Thanks
Reply 47
Original post by barnetlad
Jeremy Clarkson made them fashionable!

If anything, Jeremy Clarkson has made them less fashionable...
what else is there really? tracksuits?
Reply 49
They're cool:cool:
Jeans are for cool people.
Reply 51
They are comfy and I love to wear them :smile:
Because I can't wear jeans in the workplace/in sixth form, I like to wear them out when I'm going somewhere where I can actually bloody wear them lol.
Reply 53
Because they're comfy? And fit to purpose, I wear chinos aswell. I don't feel comfortable wearing joggers or tracksuits out to be perfectly honest, and that leaves you with nothing much else really.
They're pretty tough compared to a lot of trouser options, and they don't look stupid if you wear fairly baggy ones. For me, if I wore lighter and/or tighter trousers most of the time they'd end up torn to shreds.
I wear them because they go with my outfits and I also wear chino, combat and cargo for warm weather I find wearing combat or cargo is good and light.
Let me guess, your a chino ****er?

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 57
Just standard procedure aren't they
Reply 58
Why does everyone who goes on about chinos seem to be under 20?
Anyway, I find jeans a bit to warm in the summer, and I really don't like shorts, so chinos just seem like a no-brainer to me
(edited 11 years ago)
I dunno, I guess it's just one of those staple pieces of casual clothing, like t-shirts and vest tops.

I think jeans can be fairly comfy, though I agree that they're not as comfy as other types of trousers such as chinos, cotton trousers and jogging bottoms. Although, I once bought a pair of jeans from Forever 21 that were amazingly soft and comfortable - I really loved them but now I've somehow lost them :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest