The Student Room Group

The Oxford 2012 Results Day Discussion Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by sosotalk
Good luck!

I'm currently making a revision pack for the Roman statues/forums that I need to learn about for Classical Civilisation. I'm cutting up lots of pictures and putting them alongside my notes. Feels more like a craft project than actual revision :')

that sounds fun :daydreaming:

my exam was actually okay, the essay was straightforward rise of Sinn Fein and I found in the source questions I knew more about the anglo-irish war than I thought I did. The thing about history is that it was taking up all my revision time, so now I can actually do some Latin or Greek which is actually relevant to my degree :colondollar:
is anyone else ridiculously excited for eurovision tonight?
Original post by medbh4805
is anyone else ridiculously excited for eurovision tonight?

I'll only be watching the final...

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Original post by such_a_lady

:fuhrer: no dedication, no dedication at all :colonhash:
:fuhrer: no dedication, no dedication at all :colonhash:

I think I'm supposed to be Skyping tonight :dontknow: you don't have twitter, do you? And what's your opinion on jedward? :colonhash:

I think I'm supposed to be Skyping tonight :dontknow: you don't have twitter, do you? And what's your opinion on jedward? :colonhash:

:colonhash: I don't have twitter, no. :s-smilie:

I loathe them. However, since it is eurovision, I have no choice but to support them. upa ra :colonhash:
(edited 11 years ago)

I loathe them. However, since it is eurovision, I have no choice but to support them. upa ra :colonhash:

I was thinking that you should totally get twitter; I would love to read your opinions and mini rants :wink:

How's the German going? :colonhash:

I was thinking that you should totally get twitter; I would love to read your opinions and mini rants :wink:

I think for the sake of any future career I might pursue that this is a good reason for me not to get twitter

also i wouldn't know how to start :ashamed2:

How's the German going? :colonhash:

haven't had much time for it sadly :sadnod: I'll try to get back into it in June and then work on it over summer. I'd like to hit B1 before coming to Oxford, but I know that's really ambitious considering the state of my German atm :lol:

This :yep:

I think for the sake of any future career I might pursue that this is a good reason for me not to get twitter

It's so addictive but sooo good :colone:
songs I liked:

Israel
Greece
Romania
Austria
Moldova
San Marino

Russian grannies=overrated :colonhash:

obvs jedward too

montenegro and albania...dafuq :lolwut:
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by manic_fuzz
This :yep:

:fuhrer:

It's so addictive but sooo good :colone:

I don't know if I need more addictive things in my life...
3/6

IRELAND :woo: :woo: :woo: :woo:

You should get twitter!

Just dropping by to say someone is stalking the old thread MKI :wink:
I've just got an offer to au pair in Russia during the summer

Any idea on how to persuade my mother to let me go? Or am I 'crazy' (in her words) to want to go to Russia? :colonhash: I need some outside perspective here :beard:

Any idea on how to persuade my mother to let me go? Or am I 'crazy' (in her words) to want to go to Russia? :colonhash: I need some outside perspective here :beard:

:eek: wow, how did you manage that?

Tell her what an amazing opportunity it is. Free holiday + pay for uni + learn russian :erm: and how there isn't much work going where you are?
Original post by Brand New Eyes
:eek: wow, how did you manage that?'

:pierre:

Tell her what an amazing opportunity it is. Free holiday + pay for uni + learn russian :erm: and how there isn't much work going where you are?

Yeah I tried that

unfortunately she thinks that I'm going to end up being forced into prostitution or something :colonhash:
I'm prepared to pay for my flights and all, I'm not even asking her for anything. My salary will probably cover them anyway :cry2:

Yeah I tried that

unfortunately she thinks that I'm going to end up being forced into prostitution or something :colonhash:
I'm prepared to pay for my flights and all, I'm not even asking her for anything. My salary will probably cover them anyway :cry2:

:cry2: y u no tell me. I saw a posting on gumtree for an au pair in Germany but thought it was a bit risky.

Hmm maybe stalk the couple a bit, research and stuff :dontknow: is it in a safe part of Russia?

Yeah I tried that

Congratulations!!! I wanted to do that in Germany but...I already have a job :frown: have you shown her the website/put her into contact with the organisers?

Original post by Brand New Eyes
:cry2: y u no tell me. I saw a posting on gumtree for an au pair in Germany but thought it was a bit risky.

newaupair.com :yy:

Hmm maybe stalk the couple a bit, research and stuff :dontknow: is it in a safe part of Russia?

That's what I was planning to do anyway, but my mum is coming out with some shockingly xenophobic things now so I think it might be just not worth the grief. le sigh :colonhash:
it's in st petersburg ffs

Oh wow what an opportunity! :eek:

I really want to go to Russia and all but I don't quite want to be murdered in a racial attack or something :K:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending