The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I've preordered, hoping it will be a success. If info and support doesn't build up over the next 6 months or so then I'll cancel :smile:
Original post by hassi94
I've preordered, hoping it will be a success. If info and support doesn't build up over the next 6 months or so then I'll cancel :smile:

Nice, I think I'll do the same once I get a summer job. It certainly looks promising at any rate.
Reply 1922
Original post by G8D
Is it possible to configure multiple screens on top of one another instead of beside one another?

Also is it possible when using HDMI to have audio come out of places other than the TV? I want to use my BT headphones but laptop will have none of it.

EDIT: ignore the second question, I got dis.

Yeah, easily. Either use your graphics card's driver or just windows. Get to where you have your multi display set up thing with the diagram for each display, and just click them and drag them to move them around to wherever you want them.

So for W7, right click wallpaper in desktop, screen resolution, then you should see your displays.
Original post by G8D
I've got the headphone thing work. Involved Volume Mixer.

Not seeing anything in display setting :/

Go to where you set the screen resolutions and you should see the two monitors side by side. Click & Drag the second screen to the position you want it (I think this works but I'm not running dual monitor to check at the moment).
Original post by SMed
Yeah, easily. Either use your graphics card's driver or just windows. Get to where you have your multi display set up thing with the diagram for each display, and just click them and drag them to move them around to wherever you want them.

So for W7, right click wallpaper in desktop, screen resolution, then you should see your displays.

Grr why do you always beat me to everything :frown: :bawling:
Reply 1925
:biggrin: lol
Hmm, I forgot I had an old Iphone 3GS which I could convert to an Mp3 player :holmes:

edit: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2008119 not sure if serious :indiff:
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by mangoh
preordered mine but tbh I can't see me using it a lot as I don't know about you but the thought of raising my hand in mid air is tiresome in comparison to resting my hand on a mouse.

The only good thing I can think of is playing Draw Something...

Apart from that I think I will probs end up getting bored with it due to tiredness.

And what the video fails to show you is the iPod sized device to understand your movements. (bit small so I can't imagine it tracking my hand movements all the time)

Hm who knows. As I said if developers can think of useful things to use it for I'll be interested and keep my preorder. You can cancel at any time and it's only £50 after all.

And I'm not sure what you mean at the last bit. It makes a 4 cubic metre area where your hand can be tracked (but I imagine it doesn't when your hand it at keyboard height.
Original post by G8D
iTunes is such a clunky waste of space.

It does appear that Windows' version of iTunes is like the retarded twin brother of its mac equivalent, it runs like a dream on my MBP. They could do with cutting away a lot of excess, but for the most part I can't complain. I've played with a few different media players and always end up back at iTunes. Although I am curious to try out a paid audiophile player :holmes:
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by G8D
iTunes is such a clunky waste of space.

It's awful (on windows). I still use it because I'm too lazy to find different software that organises folders and syncs with my iPod as easily :tongue:
Reply 1930
Original post by hassi94
It's awful (on windows). I still use it because I'm too lazy to find different software that organises folders and syncs with my iPod as easily :tongue:

On Linux, iTunes isn't really an option, so I use Banshee.
I don't even

Just use foobar2000.
Original post by G8D
It almost seems deliberate.

Could be, people come to rely on iTunes when they get sucked into the iOS ecosystem, if they then stumble across the superior mac version I wouldn't be surprised if a few people found that a big enough selling point to make the switch.

Original post by ЯOЯЯIM
I don't even

Just use foobar2000.

Foobar doesn't have a mac version from what I can tell.
It's Windows only; use Wine. Or Virtualbox if you want it to work perfectly.

Though as far as audio quality is concerned, I'm actually pretty happy with mpd and ncmpc++ on Linux/Mac OS X.
Which is? :holmes:
Original post by S-man10
Which is? :holmes:

There's quite a few on OS X, ranging from a fiver to ridiculous $500+ price tags. It's only something I've started looking into very recently so I couldn't tell you what the major differences are at the moment in terms of audio quality, aside from the sampling rate they put out.
The horrible moment when you realise that, due to the almighty evil that is the mess of cables behind your home entertainment system, the simple task of swapping out your old media PC for a new box is going to take hours. I'm knackered!
I doubt any laptops, even Macbooks, have good enough soundcards to keep up with professional audiophile software. Audiophile software is expensive because it is designed to interface with expensive, audiophile-tailored computers.
Original post by ЯOЯЯIM
I doubt any laptops, even Macbooks, have good enough soundcards to keep up with professional audiophile software. Audiophile software is expensive because it is designed to interface with expensive, audiophile-tailored computers.

I use an external DAC/amp setup, so I'm ok on that front.
Original post by G8D
Is it possible to configure multiple screens on top of one another instead of beside one another?

Also is it possible when using HDMI to have audio come out of places other than the TV? I want to use my BT headphones but laptop will have none of it.

EDIT: ignore the second question, I got dis.

Reading some incredibly long form articles?

Using the TSR App - Please excuse any typos :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending