The Student Room Group

Higher History Predictions 2012

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Nfergs
I agree with the Liberal motives and unification of Germany although I'm not sure about the rise of the Nazis since that's been mentioned in 2010 and 2011. If it is a Nazis question I think it would be the methods which kept the Nazis in power.

I agree with you. I'm really hoping a growth of nationalism/nazi in power essay comes up,despite the fact that the former came up last year.I could cope with an obstacles to unification essay.reasons for liberal reforms seems more likely,and labour doesnt seem to have came up in a while.A women essay would be great but that came up last year. Argh confusing.
Original post by Nfergs
Ofcourse, I'm not saying it will or it won't come up. However if it was women and it had appeared twice in a row with a different named factor, then that's more understandable. However there's 3 different issues for Liberals and Labour, one of which hasn't appeared for a number of years so they're not going to ask the same question again when there's 2 other issues that can be asked.

Yeah I do know this haha, however the sqa are crazy people and there's always a possibility it might be asked.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 42
Has anyone done revision for women? I wasn't going to do anything for it seeing as it's appeared in 2010 and 2011 however since I've decided I'm not going to revise anything for democracy, I'm left with issues 4 and 6 and if they don't appear, I will be doomed. Therefore I'm thinking of just getting another essay plan done for women as backup. :confused:
Reply 43
Original post by Nfergs
Has anyone done revision for women? I wasn't going to do anything for it seeing as it's appeared in 2010 and 2011 however since I've decided I'm not going to revise anything for democracy, I'm left with issues 4 and 6 and if they don't appear, I will be doomed. Therefore I'm thinking of just getting another essay plan done for women as backup. :confused:

I read over one of my Womens essays and took notes but i want to avoid doing it if i can.

The essays I am prepared for are:

Labour
Liberals (effectiveness essay) - doing the reasons for the reforms later
Women
Bismarck
Obstacles essay
Mistakes made by others
Reasons for Nazi's rising to power

I haven't spent loads of time on them since my brains been wrecked due to how terrible the maths exam was. Finding it hard to accept that i'll end up with a C and not get to do maths next year when i was aiming for an A =(
Reply 44
Original post by Connor131
I read over one of my Womens essays and took notes but i want to avoid doing it if i can.

The essays I am prepared for are:

Labour
Liberals (effectiveness essay) - doing the reasons for the reforms later
Women
Bismarck
Obstacles essay
Mistakes made by others
Reasons for Nazi's rising to power

I haven't spent loads of time on them since my brains been wrecked due to how terrible the maths exam was. Finding it hard to accept that i'll end up with a C and not get to do maths next year when i was aiming for an A =(

Oh no worries about Maths, a lot of my friends felt the same afterwards!

I'm doing the same for you in Britain apart from effectiveness of Liberal Reforms. However for Germany:
- How much nationalism had grown by 1850
- Bismarck and his contribution to unifcation
- What methods kept the Nazis in power between 1933 and 1939
Reply 45
Original post by Nfergs
Oh no worries about Maths, a lot of my friends felt the same afterwards!

I'm doing the same for you in Britain apart from effectiveness of Liberal Reforms. However for Germany:
- How much nationalism had grown by 1850
- Bismarck and his contribution to unifcation
- What methods kept the Nazis in power between 1933 and 1939

I was planning on going over the nationalism essay but i probably wont remember much of it because ive only done the essay once or twice.

The only part of the course that our class didn't go over was the Nazi's in power
panicking so much right now about this exam
we were only taught issues 4, 5 & 6 in the Britain topic and I am so scared that questions come up on just 1-3
Reply 47
Original post by daisiesandfashion
panicking so much right now about this exam
we were only taught issues 4, 5 & 6 in the Britain topic and I am so scared that questions come up on just 1-3

I was confident that a Liberals and Labour essay would defintiely come up, although now I'm not so sure. I think there will be as if it was 1,2 and 3 that would mean there would be 2 democracy and 1 women which seems a bit unequal.
Can somebody please help me? I have not been taught Germany - obstacles to unification and i need that as a backup if no other question comes up :frown:
Original post by OddThings
I agree with you. I'm really hoping a growth of nationalism/nazi in power essay comes up,despite the fact that the former came up last year.I could cope with an obstacles to unification essay.reasons for liberal reforms seems more likely,and labour doesnt seem to have came up in a while.A women essay would be great but that came up last year. Argh confusing.

I have not been taught Germany obstacles to Unification even though i need it as a backup if none of my questions come up, what would you recommend i do? thanks :smile:
Apparently there's no structure to the essays that are chosen, it's picked 'out of a hat' kind of thing so they all have an equal chance of coming up. Saying that, I really hope it's women and nationalism!
Reply 51
I really hope its not women.
It's not that the essay is hard.. i just think that for some reason i'd struggle to get above a C/B for it.

Labour is definitely my strongest British essay as i think i can quite comfortably get an A (16) in it and that is with my incredibly harsh teacher.. she marked an essay at a C and the person who writes the exam marked the same one as an A so i guess it often depends on the marker.

As for Germany.. I'm stuck between Bismarck and the reasons for the Nazi's coming to power. I wasn't too fond of either of them at the start but i think that I could get a high B or a low A for them
Reply 52
Original post by WaleedPirzada
I have not been taught Germany obstacles to Unification even though i need it as a backup if none of my questions come up, what would you recommend i do? thanks :smile:

I wouldn't say it's a big deal as it was mentioned in 2010 and 2011, so therefore it's more likely to be reasons for growth of nationalism or how much nationalism had grown by 1850. I've got an essay for how much nationalism has grown AS that hasn't appeared since about 2008.
Reply 53
Original post by RachForDummies
Apparently there's no structure to the essays that are chosen, it's picked 'out of a hat' kind of thing so they all have an equal chance of coming up. Saying that, I really hope it's women and nationalism!

Yes it is random, however whatever issue numbers are chosen means they will be the same for each unit. Therefore there is a structure.
Oh that's quite interesting, so Germany and Britain have corresponding essays?
Reply 55
I wasnt aware that other schools didn't do many parts of the course

Our history teacher expects perfection and nothing but perfection.

This year was hell.. i'm not going to lie. I probably did more homework for history than i did for all of my other 4 subjects combined =L
Original post by Nfergs
I wouldn't say it's a big deal as it was mentioned in 2010 and 2011, so therefore it's more likely to be reasons for growth of nationalism or how much nationalism had grown by 1850. I've got an essay for how much nationalism has grown AS that hasn't appeared since about 2008.

yeah thats true, but im memorising 4 essays on each topic for the exam, iv got how unification was achieved, hitlers rise to power and nazi's control of power, so i just need obstacles to unification as a back up :P
Reply 57
Original post by RachForDummies
Oh that's quite interesting, so Germany and Britain have corresponding essays?

I know Britain and Germany definitely do because they're the topics I do, although I'm guessing it must be the same for the other topics.
Reply 58
The British essays i'm prepared for are Issue 1, Reasons Britain became more democratic, 2, how Britain became more democratic and 6, Post war Labour Govt. reforms.

I had hoped that 1,2 and 6 would be enough but i think i'll learn issue 3 now because knowing my luck the 3 issues i didn't prepare for would come up, especially if they decide the questions by drawing them out. We didn't even do 4 or 5 at my school.

i'd love it if the reasons for the rise of the Nazis was in again for the German section because I did my extended essay on that. i doubt it will though so i'll need to learn something about unification, which we rushed through as a class in the last minute.
(edited 11 years ago)
I have revised every topic for the Britain section, but I have only revised one essay from the Germany section (Methods used by Nazis to maintain power etc.), and I have revised an appeasement essay. What are the chances of the last two coming up?

Quick Reply

Latest