The Student Room Group

How much time did you spend with him/her before telling him/her your feelings?

Poll

How much time did you spend together before telling him/her?

How much time did you know the other person before telling him/her that you have important feelings for them?

Also take in mind that many answers are given in the form of hours because it's a different amount of time to meet someone three times the week for 2 hours each (6 hours in total) than know someone only for 2 days but you ve been with them for 10 hours each day (20 hours in total).

It will also be helpfull if you mention your gender and wether they had the same feelings or not.

Aim of this one is to find out how quickly people tell others their feelings and their partners' reaction depending on how soon they were told.

P.S. You can also post anon
(edited 11 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I normally ask the girl to meet up about 3 weeks after. I figure I don't want it to go on too much longer or they might think I just want to be a friend...

But it depends on the situation. If they're not that into me, I can normally tell and I just get over it :rolleyes:
Reply 2
By telling your feelings, do you mean "I fancy you" "Let's be exlusive" "I have deep feelings for you" or "I love you"?
About 3 weeks of meeting up, though if you're seeing someone for 50hours in 3weeks I think it's pretty damn obvious :h: :mmm:
Reply 4
Original post by riotgrrl
By telling your feelings, do you mean "I fancy you" "Let's be exlusive" "I have deep feelings for you" or "I love you"?

When you tell the other person that you are consider him/her as a potentional exclusive partner
Reply 5
i never did

and it was the worst decision of my life
Reply 6
Original post by DopeSk1llz
i never did

and it was the worst decision of my life

there there :console:
Reply 7
Original post by Spairos
When you tell the other person that you are consider him/her as a potentional exclusive partner

In terms of hours? First time we met, about three, plus seven or eight the next two times so lets say 17 hours. Plus a lot of texting and fb chat.

Sorry, forgot to say I'm female, and yes he had the same feelings :smile:
(edited 11 years ago)
Three years :redface:
Reply 9
Original post by explicit4u
Three years :redface:

Why did you wait that long?
You werent considering about her as a potentional partner earlier?
Reply 10
To answer your poll, 25-50 hours. To answer the thread question, more than half a year.
If I like a girl I will tell her straight up within a couple of hours of meeting her... why beat around the bush? beating around the bush leads to friend zone!!!
Reply 12
We never told each other. It just happened. I knew I liked him a few days after we met, and we were exclusive after about 2 weeks.
Reply 13
Original post by kat91s
We never told each other. It just happened. I knew I liked him a few days after we met, and we were exclusive after about 2 weeks.

Yeah its the same with me, it just...happens.
Reply 14
About a week or two of talking together, so maybe 20-30 hours.
Reply 15
I had fun working this out:
My boyfriend and I had spent 247 hours solid together, not including time spent sleeping or showering, when he told me about his feelings for me. I didn't think that I felt the same at the time he told me, but realised I really did by the next evening.
Inbetween this there were Facebook messages and MSN conversations.

In total this spanned 6.5 months. Although we spent one day solid together, then three days solid with no sleep, then another 3 days solid with no sleep, then 6 days of him staying with me (with sleep hah) before he told me. Since then we've been together 70-80% of the time I'd say.
We talked for hours, walked everywhere exploring cities, went to concerts, galleries and theatre... Yeah. It was pretty obvious we really really enjoyed each other's company. Most fun of my lifetime so far (which isn't very long, but I've had so many really fun experiences).
Reply 16
I met my boyfriend online, we talked everyday (I think) for about 3 weeks (a few phone calls, mainly msn). I knew he had feelings for me. After the 3 weeks we met in person, and after spending a few hours together he asked me out. So really, we only actually spent about 3 hours together before, I guess.
Sad thing is to answer the poll, including skype chats and bumping each other saying hi and brief chats - 3-10 hours =S But it took me about 3 months to work up the courage and say it. I'm female and his reaction was - eh you like me?! xD..
Well, I didn't have feelings for him straight away, I'm the type who tends to end up liking a friend once I've got to know them for a while. So I'd say from meeting him, I told him that I liked him about 5 months after us meeting, although in relation to when I started to fancy him, it was 2 months after I began to see him more than a friend I told him that I was attracted to him. However, it was pretty obvious by then anyway, because there was mutual chemistry and we did end up making out and acting in a more than just friends way for a couple of weeks before we actually admitted in words that we liked each other and decided to make it exclusive.
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by riotgrrl
By telling your feelings, do you mean "I fancy you" "Let's be exclusive" "I have deep feelings for you" or "I love you"?

I'm pretty sure they all mean the same thing to me...

I opted for 50 hours, I think that's the least amount of time you should take working out if the person is who they say they are, or who you think/hope they are.

Anything longer is just killing time really, anything less and there's probably a lot you don't know but should.

Quick Reply