The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by CharlieBoardman
What did everybody think of C3 then? :biggrin:

:biggrin: Got add maths questions, may post them today :smile:
Last 3 I think! :biggrin:

Then NO MORE!!!!!! :gah:

[video="youtube;5FlQSQuv_mg"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=endscreen&NR=1&v=5FlQSQuv_mg[/video]
Reply 2481
Original post by tom_elsey
No probss, how have you done on the other paper and CW?

I got 37/40 on lit coursework, don't know about the exams.. they felt like they went okay....

you?
Original post by g.k.galloway
I got 37/40 on lit coursework, don't know about the exams.. they felt like they went okay....

you?

Cooool well done! I also got 37 for the CW, and 57/60 on the other Lit exam, chuffed with that hahaa!!
And felt today went fairly well, so hoping for my A*!:biggrin:
Original post by CharlieBoardman
What did everybody think of C3 then? :biggrin:

I think I have written stupid things :frown:

1a) I wrote: "Magnesium ions make the bath water hard but the Magnesium ends up in a precipitate with the carbonate which won't react making the water soft? :s-smilie:

1c) I wrote: "Water can't stay at 100C meaning it wouldn't be easy to obtain a good result and water evaporates at 100C"

1d) I wrote: "She was surprised as it rose then fall which is against the typical trend of solubility increasing as temperature increases" ?

3b) I put: "They all have 2 outer shell electrons and a lower energy level which isn't full and the 2 outer shell electrons are lost to form 2+ ions giving similar chemical properties" :eek:

4b) I put: "Stronger acid has lower pH as there are more H+ ions and it is fully ionised compared to weaker acid."

5bii) I put: "Sensitivity means smaller amounts can be detected increasing precision"

How many of those do you think are right.. I seem to have not put my ideas down too clearly :frown:
Reply 2484
only 5 exams to go!!!

English Language AQA :s-smilie:
Physics unit 3 AQA :redface:
Maths 1 (non calc) EDEXCEL :smile:
Maths 2 (calc) EDEXCEL :rolleyes:
History B AQA :eek::eek::eek:
Original post by TheArtOfThePoetic
Hi, had my English Lit exam today, it went pretty well :smile:
How did everyone else find it?

Good :smile: yeah everyone in my year thought it went pretty well, i did the character and voice cluster. I was SO relieved when Ozymandias came up, I compared it with the River God - did anyone else? Unseen poetry was good too, although I was writing at warp speed by the end :s-smilie:
Reply 2486
Original post by tom_elsey
Cooool well done! I also got 37 for the CW, and 57/60 on the other Lit exam, chuffed with that hahaa!!
And felt today went fairly well, so hoping for my A*!:biggrin:

Awesome! Really want an A.. may scrape an A*... not sure
Reply 2487
Original post by must try harder.
Good :smile: yeah everyone in my year thought it went pretty well, i did the character and voice cluster. I was SO relieved when Ozymandias came up, I compared it with the River God - did anyone else? Unseen poetry was good too, although I was writing at warp speed by the end :s-smilie:

I compared Ozzy and TRG! :biggrin:
Reply 2488
Original post by steviep14
5bii) I put: "Sensitivity means smaller amounts can be detected increasing precision"

How many of those do you think are right.. I seem to have not put my ideas down too clearly :frown:

I LITERALLY put exactly the same fro 5bii - so I hope it's right! :biggrin:
I compared Ozzy and TRG! :biggrin:

yayy! :biggrin:
Reply 2490
Original post by must try harder.
yayy! :biggrin:

Lol.. when I saw Ozzy (nicknamed it :smile: ) I was soooo happy! Then saw it was power = me wanting to scream in happiness in the exam hall
Reply 2491
Original post by alexandraa
They come out the day before my birthday so I'm either going to have a great 16th or a nightmare hahaha

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

ahha well good luck for your results
Original post by blueray
:biggrin: Got add maths questions, may post them today :smile:
Last 3 I think! :biggrin:

Then NO MORE!!!!!! :gah:

[video="youtube;5FlQSQuv_mg"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=endscreen&NR=1&v=5FlQSQuv_mg[/video]

No worries! Let me know when you put them on- i'll be happy to help :biggrin:
Reply 2493
POSITIVE THINKING!!!! you will be dancing the whole night with pure joy! :biggrin:

I'm just dreading the envelope...they are always brown!!! why can't they make them sunshine yellow or something...it would lighten the mood :cool:

still haven't decided whether i'm going for the rip off straight away technique or the slow peel... then again my hands will be shaking so much it probably won't matter...

then there's the decision as to where i look first... to a particular subject or do I just scan down and look for awful grades...

LOL yeah hopefully:smile: they should be blueeeeeee
i usually rip it open and stare at the grades:tongue:
Reply 2494
Original post by Teja_96
LOL yeah hopefully:smile: they should be blueeeeeee
i usually rip it open and stare at the grades:tongue:

I'll probably scan down to check if I messed anything up - If so scan across and see what they are. If they're something important I will weep, if not then heyyy i'll get over it (eventually). I'll then proceed to look at the rest and take it in..

loving the way i've planned this :biggrin:
Original post by emmawood_
Somebody please tell me I wasn't the only person to compare Conscientious Objector to Hitcher? :frown: Feel like such an idiot right now but I couldn't think of anything to write for Your Dad Did What as it's such a specific poem. :frown:

You can't talk about the Edexcel English Literature exam yet.
Anybody any ideas on if I would be marked down for not actually comparing the two poems in the lit exam today? I know AO3 only counts as 10% but I wrote about them separately by accident :confused:
Original post by xoxlovelifexox
i looked over a couple of things over easter, but i need to reinforce :smile: i kind of know the whole water thing properly and some of the tests for C3 but i really need to reinforce :smile: but i've kind of already looked at C2 before and hopefully liking the subject will help my revision :smile:

Sorry I didn't reply.. I was cramming! How'd you find it? :smile:
Original post by steviep14

1a) I wrote: "Magnesium ions make the bath water hard but the Magnesium ends up in a precipitate with the carbonate which won't react making the water soft? :s-smilie:

1c) I wrote: "Water can't stay at 100C meaning it wouldn't be easy to obtain a good result and water evaporates at 100C"

1d) I wrote: "She was surprised as it rose then fall which is against the typical trend of solubility increasing as temperature increases" ?

3b) I put: "They all have 2 outer shell electrons and a lower energy level which isn't full and the 2 outer shell electrons are lost to form 2+ ions giving similar chemical properties" :eek:

4b) I put: "Stronger acid has lower pH as there are more H+ ions and it is fully ionised compared to weaker acid."

1a) I think you will have got a couple of marks for that for saying that it is the Mg ions which harden the water, and for saying you get a precipitate of magnesium carbonate.

1c) this was only a 1 mark answer, and because you mentioned water evaporated at 100C, I think you'll get the mark.

1d) you'll get a mark for describing the trend of the graph, and the trend of what should be expected. To get the other marks I think you may have had to quote numbers on the graph.

3b) sorry, I cannot remember the question! :colondollar: please remind me :biggrin:

4b) this looks ok! You've mentioned the difference in pH and ionisation. I think you may have had to quote an example pH for a strong and a weak acid. But I think that would be a bit picky. I forgot to mention ionisation in my answer to that one. So I lost a stupid mark there O.o

5bii) I think this is ok too. I think they wanted to see something about detecting smaller changes, or measuring to smaller decimal places, but your answer seems correct to me.

Overall, you don't seem to have dropped that many marks in those questions - only a few! I wouldn't worry about it too much :smile: you'll have done fine :biggrin:
Reply 2499
I'll probably scan down to check if I messed anything up - If so scan across and see what they are. If they're something important I will weep, if not then heyyy i'll get over it (eventually). I'll then proceed to look at the rest and take it in..

loving the way i've planned this :biggrin:

thats a good plan - write it down quick!!!!
how was english?

Latest