The Student Room Group

Summer job

I need a summer job like warehouse or factory or anything for the matter, and it would be better if they were hiring for a large no. of employees. I'm willing to relocate for the period, so if you know of a vacancy in your area, please pm me. Thank you

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Bump
Reply 2
Bump, so not 1 person here knows any jobs around there area. Cmon guys Give a little.
Reply 3
tried jobcentre online?
Reply 4
Original post by jada897
tried jobcentre online?

Thats the first place I tried but nowadays jobs are most likely offered to friends and family.
Reply 5
Original post by abdiz12
Thats the first place I tried but nowadays jobs are most likely offered to friends and family.

Basically i applied to 5 jobs last week and I already have 2 interviews :smile:. What I suggest is do every single online application e.g next,asda,greggs,mcdonalds etc. once youve done all of those go on the websites of your shopping centres/parks if you have any and email all of the different stores/cafes etc with your c.v :smile: worked for me
Reply 6
Original post by abdiz12
I need a summer job like warehouse or factory or anything for the matter, and it would be better if they were hiring for a large no. of employees. I'm willing to relocate for the period, so if you know of a vacancy in your area, please pm me. Thank you

You're asking for a job on a forum full of students seeking employment.

I'm no career expert but I'd say you're not looking in the right places.

Your best bet is to go on corporate websites individually and check their vacancies.
Original post by jada897
Basically i applied to 5 jobs last week and I already have 2 interviews :smile:. What I suggest is do every single online application e.g next,asda,greggs,mcdonalds etc. once youve done all of those go on the websites of your shopping centres/parks if you have any and email all of the different stores/cafes etc with your c.v :smile: worked for me

Do you live in London?
Reply 8
You're prepared to relocate for a factory job? Umm how will you pay for accommodation? Just look in your area, if you're that desperate there will be something available you just need to put more effort in.
Summer jobs aren't particularly easy to come by.

Best bet is a music festival or a holiday place.

Very few companies like shops actually hire summer temps.
Reply 10
Original post by JaquelleSade
Do you live in London?

nope :smile:
Reply 11
You'll have a difficult time finding a FT job so that's out of the question for now. Trying for PT is your only hope but depending on your past experience and area, you'll have to face plenty of rejections without interviews. If you do manage to get an interview, you'll be lined up with a group of other potential canditates for the job vacancy. If you manage to get the job, you'll be most likely on NMW with about 40% of your income going to the taxman. When the employer manages to sort out your tax code, you'll be able to claim the tax back and take home a decent wage by which time summer will be over and you'll be on your way out. You would be better of on JSA.
Reply 12
Thank you guys for your input, I was just demotivatated for a bit, now I'm back in the market. I'll try my best. Thanks once again.
Original post by jada897
nope :smile:

In London it is crazy to find a job, I went to my local Argos and they had 2000 applicants for temps alone, there are no jobs here :frown:
Most places with a university will be looking for staff to replace the students that have gone home for the summer. Just go around the restaurants/bars/pubs in your area, places like that are always hiring and they're not picky about experience and stuff like that.
Reply 15
Guys I've found a job, thank you for your help. I start on Tuesday, its factory work, Curry making factory.
Reply 16
Original post by abdiz12
Guys I've found a job, thank you for your help. I start on Tuesday, its factory work, Curry making factory.

they make curries in factories.....
Reply 17
Original post by dj1015
they make curries in factories.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MfUkUQvU-0g
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 18

I thought curry was made by little old ladies in small kitchens....
Reply 19
Original post by dj1015
I thought curry was made by little old ladies in small kitchens....

Thats how it got started, but now its an national brand.

Quick Reply

Latest