The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Tywin is a bastard, dunno why the show treats him sympathetically. He'll get what's coming to him soon enough...
Reply 1501
the promo for the next episode looks awesome! cannot wait to see it :smile:

Not read any of the books yet. Is it worth reading after this season is over?
Most Favorite character?

Tyrion the (P)IMP!
Reply 1503
Im really hoping they make the kings landing siege at least a little epic

they always skip the battles or epic moments, I guess because its not super high budget but it does get annoying

especially since kings landing has been hyped up so much

same goes for the stark army vs tywin army if it ever happens
Original post by Sheep

they always skip the battles or epic moments, I guess because its not super high budget but it does get annoying

George R. R. Martin is writing Episode 9: Blackwater, so I have my hopes up that it will be good. However, I think it is a bit unrealistic to expect that the arrival of the Lannister/Tyrell army will be like the arrival of the Riders of Rohan in the Battle of Minas Tirith in LOTR.
The whole of episode 9 will be dedicated to the battle of blackwater, no scenes outside kings landing or scenes that don't involve the battle.
Original post by Super Cicero
George R. R. Martin is writing Episode 9: Blackwater, so I have my hopes up that it will be good. However, I think it is a bit unrealistic to expect that the arrival of the Lannister/Tyrell army will be like the arrival of the Riders of Rohan in the Battle of Minas Tirith in LOTR.

Game of Thrones with a budget even close to LOTR would be so awesome.. :drool:
Previously been quite indifferent to Rob but I'm starting to like him now - seems pretty level headed for someone going after a throne :tongue:
Original post by hassi94
Previously been quite indifferent to Rob but I'm starting to like him now - seems pretty level headed for someone going after a throne :tongue:

Rob said "I want to go home" and that he couldn't whilst the lannisters sat on the throne, so why doesn't he join forces with baratheon? Give the iron throne to him and resume as "king of the north"? :confused:
Original post by ALazyThracian
Rob said "I want to go home" and that he couldn't whilst the lannisters sat on the throne, so why doesn't he join forces with baratheon? Give the iron throne to him and resume as "king of the north"? :confused:

I thought stannis didn't accept that? The other baratheon (forgot his name) did but ...
Yeah Stannis wants the whole of Westeros, hes so selfish its actually amusing.
Original post by Michaelj

Stannis is not selfish so much as unable to bend. He knows that the law is basically that he's King and his character doesn't allow him to accept any alteration to that. Even though he doesn't really want to be King all that much.
Reply 1512
Original post by Sheep

Apart from the Battle of Blackwater no other major battle is described in the books (i.e. Lannister v Stark).
Wow i missed that :s

Why can't everyone just wage war with the lannisters and split the kingdoms, well except Daenerys Targaryen she can just stay put she annoys me too much!
Reply 1514
Wow i missed that :s

Why can't everyone just wage war with the lannisters and split the kingdoms, well except Daenerys Targaryen she can just stay put she annoys me too much!

Umad!!!, I understand how danerys annoy you but I'm just intrigued by the dragons ... hope they faking fry joffreys arse and every lannister there is except tyrion...
I actually find 3 parts interesting, the dragons, the north about the white walkers and right hand man of joffrey who he calls dog cause he seems to have a soft touch for the bride to be

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my GT-N7000
Original post by karchun
Umad!!!, I understand how danerys annoy you but I'm just intrigued by the dragons ... hope they faking fry joffreys arse and every lannister there is except tyrion...
I actually find 3 parts interesting, the dragons, the north about the white walkers and right hand man of joffrey who he calls dog cause he seems to have a soft touch for the bride to be

I love the dragon plot it will be good but all she does is complain :rolleyes: and i hope tyrion kills joffrey! That would be amazing!! :biggrin:
Original post by Michaelj

Aegon the Conquerer wanted the same thing and he got it. Stubborn is a better word for Stannis though. Stannis has never been particularly power hungry, he's just convinced that he's the rightful heir and won't budge from that position.

Original post by Norton1
Stannis is not selfish so much as unable to bend. He knows that the law is basically that he's King and his character doesn't allow him to accept any alteration to that. Even though he doesn't really want to be King all that much.

I've always found that irritating about Stannis. The law sets out he's next in line because his brother was Robert yet this is ignoring where Robert's claim came from in the first place, it was primarily from usurping the Targaryens who had the rightful claim to the throne.
Reply 1517
I love the dragon plot it will be good but all she does is complain :rolleyes: and i hope tyrion kills joffrey! That would be amazing!! :biggrin:

No even better... joffrey demands tyrion to stop slapping him then tyrion accidently smacks him on his head causing cerebral damage and kills him :smile: (the look on cersei would be spectacular) :eek:

People forget that there used to be a "king of the north" 300 years ago and Robert would of gladly gave it to Ned if he asked. If Stannis simply co-operates with the Starks more then he could win the throne a lot easier and the family that supported his family so much would still be there for him. As interested character as I find Stannis I just don't see him surviving the whole of the series... I don't wanna see the Baratheons die out either. :/
Does anyone else love Stannis (more in the books)? He is a man with an iron sense of justice. I love that.

Latest

Trending

Trending