The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 220
Original post by lou_100
so frustrated that I'm going to post this again and again until someone answers :frown: PLEASE, don't make me beg.

SO annoyed. I made one teeny tiny error on 8c and got the wrong x.

seeing as 8d and e follow on from c's answer...how many marks would I lose for doing the correct method and everything just wrong values? Would it be :

1) all the marks for just getting it wrong
2) I'd get one out of two for each d and e for method marks
or 3) error carried forward so wouldn't lose marks on d and e, just c?

:smile:

I reckon your error will be carried forward, so only c marks lost. Unless they require exact answer for d, then you will lose 1 mark from there. For e it's proof that it's minimum so you will be OK
Reply 221
Original post by yaboy
for intergration i got -343/6 then wrote R larger than 0 then wrote 343/6 would i get max marks?

you would be very lucky, clearly there was a mistake in you method; so you will probably lose 1 method and 1 accuracy mark.

accuracy marks can only be awarded if there is no incorrect method that led to that solution.
Reply 222
Original post by Tripp
Can a triangle be a sector? Question 6d had odd wording in my opinion. PTQ actually forms a triangle...

It was worded fine, it clearly stated "find the area of the sector PTQ" or something along those lines.
Reply 223
Original post by Tripp
Can a triangle be a sector? Question 6d had odd wording in my opinion. PTQ actually forms a triangle...

Sorry, false. PTQ are simply three points. How they join up can be interpreted in different ways, depending on what lines join them, whether they're straight or curved.

It said sector PTQ, therefore was looking for the sector. If it meant triangle, it would have said triangle.
Original post by Arusa01
you wouldn't loose any marks I don't think...:smile:

Hopefully, if anything they should award an extra mark
Reply 225
Original post by sasha231496
Hopefully, if anything they should award an extra mark

that won't happen
NO!!!
i wrote just 2 instead of 2^5 in first question :frown:
how may marks would i get for that if only that coefficient was wrong???
Reply 227
Original post by lou_100
so frustrated that I'm going to post this again and again until someone answers :frown: PLEASE, don't make me beg.

SO annoyed. I made one teeny tiny error on 8c and got the wrong x.

seeing as 8d and e follow on from c's answer...how many marks would I lose for doing the correct method and everything just wrong values? Would it be :

1) all the marks for just getting it wrong
2) I'd get one out of two for each d and e for method marks
or 3) error carried forward so wouldn't lose marks on d and e, just c?

:smile:

you will almost certainly lose the accuracy mark on d) you may get away with it on e) as it just the parity that matters not the value.
Reply 228
Original post by The_Pen
PTQ formed both a triangle and sector. Triangle if you use the straight line and sector if you use the arc. It asked for the sector therefore use arc and not straight line. Pretty simple really.

You reckon I would lose all 3 marks because I worked out perimeter of the triangle? or get 1 or 2?
Reply 229
Original post by Joshmeid
It was worded fine, it clearly stated "find the area of the sector PTQ" or something along those lines.

I had to read it 3 times to make sure that is what they wanted, seemed too easy for the last part of a question.
Reply 230
Original post by sasha231496
What would I lose for doing the first 4 terms instead of three on question 1. Someone please answer

You shouldn't lose any marks for that
Reply 231
Original post by The_Pen
I reckon your error will be carried forward, so only c marks lost. Unless they require exact answer for d, then you will lose 1 mark from there. For e it's proof that it's minimum so you will be OK

thank you so much ! :biggrin:

I basically got up to 120/4pi for c then for an idiotic moment i seemed to think that equated to 30pi, not 30/pi (by the way, is that how you actually spell pi? LOL) so essentially i cube rooted the wrong thing to get a different x. other than that the whole method and rest of question was done right and accurately (up to that point).

I'd say one or two marks lost from c, possibly 3 at a stretch. what do you think?
I made that paper my bitch :wink:
haven't found any mistakes off the top of my head, i agree it was so easy even compared to the others... XD
Reply 233
At the least lose 2 marks since you got the method wrong (used straight line instead of arc) as well as the answer.
Reply 234
Original post by Tripp
You reckon I would lose all 3 marks because I worked out perimeter of the triangle? or get 1 or 2?

I think you'd get 1 for knowing to add the 5+5.

The other two would probably be directed at working out the arc length.
someone do a mark scheme plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Reply 236
I got EVERYTHING right but on the trig question I missed out the values of 90 and 180 (I got 0, 39.2, 141.8 or whatever), what mark will I get? 74/75? I really wanted 100 UMS I can't believe I blew it on such a stupid mistake. I drew the quadrants I should have checked it with the actual sin graph! :frown:
Reply 237
Original post by Arsey
I had to read it 3 times to make sure that is what they wanted, seemed too easy for the last part of a question.

I don't disagree with you about it being easy (along with the general trend of this whole paper), although I disagree with the fact that people are trying to argue that it was poorly worded.
Reply 238
Cheers lads. Looks like 72-73. Hopefully 95 UMS.
Reply 239
Original post by lou_100
thank you so much ! :biggrin:

I basically got up to 120/4pi for c then for an idiotic moment i seemed to think that equated to 30pi, not 30/pi (by the way, is that how you actually spell pi? LOL) so essentially i cube rooted the wrong thing to get a different x. other than that the whole method and rest of question was done right and accurately (up to that point).

I'd say one or two marks lost from c, possibly 3 at a stretch. what do you think?

Could very well be just the 1 mark lost for c because in previous mark schemes they only require 1 part of working to get the mark. So for example if a working has 3 lines and you post 1 or 2 lines correctly then they give you the mark.

Latest