The Student Room Group

The Official How I Met Your Mother Society...

Scroll to see replies

Reply 801
I really really don't get how this show is highly reviewed by some people. Pretty sure at least half of us are annoyed with it now with all the all the ****ty nonsensing pointless bull**** plot twists :facepalm2:

It's a sitcom that isn't even funny. Makes you want to cry more because of how **** it has become... and how more emotional the writers have made the show. These aren't comedy writers, they are more like soap opera writers. Guess they turned up at the wrong place on their first day at job :colonhash:

Schmosby. Maybe after searching for the mother for so long he will finally realise he is actually gay and then end up marrying another "guy" i.e. the mother and will then know the kids are adopted. Only because a man will accidentally kiss him and he will say "i love you" and mean it ffs :angry:

/rant
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by S-man10
I really really don't get how this show is highly reviewed by some people. Pretty sure at least half of us are annoyed with it now with all the all the ****ty nonsensing pointless bull**** plot twists :facepalm2:

It's a sitcom that isn't even funny. Makes you want to cry more because of how **** it has become... and how more emotional the writers have made the show. These aren't comedy writers, they are more like soap opera writers. Guess they turned up at the wrong place on their first day at job :colonhash:

Schmosby. Maybe after searching for the mother for so long he will finally realise he is actually gay and then end up marrying another "guy" i.e. the mother and will then know the kids are adopted. Only because a man will accidentally kiss him and he will say "i love you" and mean it ffs :angry:

/rant

I cant really help it, I loved the first two seasons and I keep watching it out of loyalty. I keep hoping it can go back to what it once was.
Hmm not sure where HIMYM is on UK but the American timing :love: just got to the end of the season

IT IS AMAZING. just... wait for it

:wink: Amanda from Ugly Betty <3
Reply 804
Original post by synvilla
I cant really help it, I loved the first two seasons and I keep watching it out of loyalty. I keep hoping it can go back to what it once was.

Loyalty? More like boredom and general time wasting about 20 mins every week... :mmm:

It will never get back to what it once was. It is too far away from that and there aren't many seasons left for it to turn it back that far. It's a sitcoms which makes you cry more than laugh... says a lot :colonhash:
If this show makes you cry then your are some weak ass dinny. I'm a the stage where i'd be crying if they all got infected with ebola virus. that's right,

Spoiler

Reply 806
Original post by Mister Dead
If this show makes you cry then your are some weak ass dinny. I'm a the stage where i'd be crying if they all got infected with ebola virus. that's right,

Spoiler

No, that'll just cause Ted to have yet another whiny epiphany about the true nature of love.
Latest two eps, thoughts:

Spoiler

I haven't been watching this, just watched an episode today.

Why has Ted got back together with Robin if we know she isn't the mother?
Original post by like a boss
I haven't been watching this, just watched an episode today.

Why has Ted got back together with Robin if we know she isn't the mother?

He hasn't got back with her.

Spoiler

Reply 810
Ted should get together with Marissa Heller, they suit each other to a t.

Also, I just re-watched the Girls vs Suits episode. It's nice to remember what HIMYM was like before it drowned in a sea of generic romcom-ery
"Bagpipes" episode of season 5 is awesome.
'Swarley' may always be my favourite episode.

:daydreaming:
Poor Ted and his love life...

Spoiler

Reply 814
Original post by RabbitCFH
Poor Ted and his love life...

Spoiler

As if Schmoesby would be able to pull any of them women :colonhash:

Robin used to be far more attractive than she is now as well :sigh:
Reply 815
Original post by Mess.

This :colonhash:
Original post by Mess.
As if Schmoesby would be able to pull any of them women :colonhash:

was just thinking that the other day, with longer hair she was so nice :teeth:
Reply 817
Jeez, some of you guys are quick to the punch with this show. If you've watched from the start, you're gonna be more involved with the characters and connect with the show more; yes, so it makes sense people who watch sporadically won't enjoy it as much perhaps, but to those claiming the show is too "romcom"-y, that is what the show is based on.

The premise isn't just about how Ted met the mother, it's how Ted managed to get over Aunt Robin to get himself to a place where he was ready to move on, so he could open up and find the mother. The show is all about love, and it is a comedy, ergo Romantic Comedy! Wait till the end of the season before you judge and you'll be greatly satisfied.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 818
Original post by JonBlake
Jeez, some of you guys are quick to the punch with this show. If you've watched from the start, you're gonna be more involved with the characters and connect with the show more; yes, so it makes sense people who watch sporadically won't enjoy it as much perhaps, but to those claiming the show is too "romcom"-y, that is what the show is based on.

The premise isn't just about how Ted met the mother, it's how Ted managed to get over Aunt Robin to get himself to a place where he was ready to move on, so he could open up and find the mother. The show is all about love, and it is a comedy, ergo Romantic Comedy! Wait till the end of the season before you judge and you'll be greatly satisfied.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

Everyone gets that... I've seen the first 4/5 series about 6/7 times each. They were great television but the show has been terrible for years and it should have ended in season 5 like it was originally planned to. Now it is a horrible self parody of ****ing nothingness with each character becoming more and more annoying and each storyline becoming more and more ****.

The show has died and he only real reason people watch it is out of habit. Although because of the incredibly strange trend of shows in America becoming more popular once they have been out for more than four seasons (probably due to syndication and hype), then becoming ****, we are likely having to suffer this for a couple more seasons at least as well as the inevitable (failed) spin-off.
If I was Ted's son I would be ashamed to have such a douchebag of a father.

Quick Reply

Latest