The Student Room Group

Boyfriend keeps telling me how hot his friend is

My boyfriend is always telling me how hot he finds this girl that he's friends with, and it gets me down, am i right to feel hurt about this?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
It suggests that she is on his mind a lot - so yes, you're right to feel upset.
Reply 2
Get him to show you a picture of her, if she is hot, then agree but find something to criticise to take the edge off of how hot she is to him. That way he doesn't have to talk about it again, you know she's hot but hot with a big nose or bad cellulite etc.
Yes, dump him.
Whilst I think it's completely natural to still find other people attractive when you're in a relationship (you don't suddenly go blind, after all), I think telling your partner this when it's a friend (rather than someone completely unattainable- a celebrity) is a bit off. I would be honest with him, tell him he's said this quite a lot and it's starting to upset you.
its perfectly normal for both men and women to find other people attractive even when in a relationship.
what is not normal is telling the partner repeatedly that he finds one of his friends attractive.
he is either trying to make you jelous, simply an idiot or a bit of a dick.
next time he mentions her, ask him if he fancies her, or say "oh, so your not attracted to me then" - he may be attracted to you, but it drives the point home that you don't feel that he is because of the way he talks about her.
He wants a threesome and is hoping you're keen. obv.
Reply 7
Original post by brunettegirl92
its perfectly normal for both men and women to find other people attractive even when in a relationship.
what is not normal is telling the partner repeatedly that he finds one of his friends attractive.
he is either trying to make you jealous, simply an idiot or a bit of a dick.
next time he mentions her, ask him if he fancies her, or say "oh, so your not attracted to me then" - he may be attracted to you, but it drives the point home that you don't feel that he is because of the way he talks about her.

Or he wants you to dump him so he doesn't have to dump you.

Say "Why do you keep going on about this girl? What are you trying to tell me"
Reply 8
Whilst it isn't wrong that it upsets you, I think the reason he is telling you about it might be that he's comfortable with sharing things with you that usually he would expect not to share, so it might not be entirely a bad thing. But yeah, there's nothing wrong with it getting you down a bit.
Nothing wrong with it getting you down, to be honest it's a bit disrespectful to yourself.
Reply 10
If a girlfriend said this to me about a guy then I would consider dropping her. If your boyfriend loved you then you should be the most attractive person in his eyes.
Ohhhh I'd get rid if I were you. Being second best?

Ain't nobody got time for that.
Original post by MancBoy
If a girlfriend said this to me about a guy then I would consider dropping her. If your boyfriend loved you then you should be the most attractive person in his eyes.

damn I'm outta rep.

remind me to + you
Reply 13
Original post by The_Jammy_Witch
Ohhhh I'd get rid if I were you. Being second best?

Ain't nobody got time for that.

I think you're my identical twin, I've been saying 'ain't nobody got time for that' for the past few days when I've had the chance to.

(If you haven't watched Sweet Brown on youtube then ignore me)
Original post by Faith01
I think you're my identical twin, I've been saying 'ain't nobody got time for that' for the past few days when I've had the chance to.

(If you haven't watched Sweet Brown on youtube then ignore me)

I have, but due to you being an Arsenal fan I can only conclude that you're my evil twin. :colone:

Have you seen he's climbing through your window?
Reply 15
Original post by Anonymous
My boyfriend is always telling me how hot he finds this girl that he's friends with, and it gets me down, am i right to feel hurt about this?

yes, you should feel upset..its a warning sign...be careful.

take a look at this thread...

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2003396
Reply 16
Original post by The_Jammy_Witch
I have, but due to you being an Arsenal fan I can only conclude that you're my evil twin. :colone:

Have you seen he's climbing through your window?

Oh crap, you are a Spurs fan! :tongue: you are an evil version of me!

Yea I watched, ..tryna snatch yo people up, so hide yo kids, hide yo wife.
He doesn't respect you.
im assuming youve ruled out the idea of a 3 sum?
Original post by KoalaKate
Get him to show you a picture of her, if she is hot, then agree but find something to criticise to take the edge off of how hot she is to him. That way he doesn't have to talk about it again, you know she's hot but hot with a big nose or bad cellulite etc.

If the OP wants to look like a whiney jealous bitch then yeah that's great advice. Just talk to him OP, tell him it bugs you. Don't stay silent and get madder and madder about it- there's a chance he doesn't even realise he's doing it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending